WELCOME TO THE MELBOURNE FOOTBALL CLUB – JAKE MELKSHAM

Theo

Im buying his badge to go beside my ANB one on the new Soft Shell jacket from MFC.

Its the quality of those outside your top dozen or so who define you as a team.

Feeling pretty smug now after backing him in before the season started.

Also drunk.... im drunk for sure.

And ranting, dont forget the rants.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I am happy for him. He was always the whipping boy with Essendon fans. I'm glad he hasn't carried  same tag here at Melbourne.

His contributions this season have been valuable.

• Like 1

I love how he can kick 55 meters without breaking a sweat. 

17 goals in his last 10 games. If you had said to me 5-6 games into the season that Milkshake would have a 20 goal season (he hadn't even kicked any or shown anything of value at this point), its safe to say I would've laughed straight back in your face.

I've seriously turned around on this one. 

Edited by Demon Jack
  • Like 4

On 22 July 2017 at 6:54 PM, Sylvia Saint said:

From memory Goodwin brought him over with the idea of playing him in defence. That didn't work out, but he's absolutely smoking it in his new role and fast becoming a favourite. All of a sudden I love that punchable head of his. Love his passion too.

If you think about it, paying pick 25 for a steady role player in a Top 8 side is probably a fair deal, despite the early kerfuffles. A similar pick for Hibberd was quite simply highway robbery. 

He did, but at that stage Hunt hadn't played a game, Wagner was not on the list, and Salem had been played as a forward. Fortunately Mellsham now has the flexibility to play anywhere on the field and should be able to do it to a consistent standard.

• Like 1

I find myself always wanting him to go well. He has always been a whipping boy (maybe deservedly so) and a bit of an underachiever.

Copped it massively over the years from bombers supporters and ours and we were laughed at giving up a second rounder.

After all that it's nice to see a bit of an underdog get there time in the sun.

Keep it up Jake

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DeeZee said:

Love how he can sniff a goal or two, definitely holding his position and spot in the 22

The goals he kicked from outside 50 were so effortless. He didnt even really need to wind up, and he kicked them with ease.  He has a beautiful boot on him and I bet he kicks a bag of 5 soon enough.

And hats off to Goody for finding the perfect role for him.

• Like 2

A great acquisition. Well done Goodwin and I suspect, McCartney. Kicks vital, important goals which smacks of a big occasion player. Can play a variety of roles including as a run with player, midfielder and defender. It's great that we have a number in the team now who have flexibility in the roles that they can play. I am a big fan of Jake M. and the way he has embraced the MFC.

• Like 2

Thank god we got him out of the backline!   he is quite good on the HHF. can shut down and kick long. I would suggest he has only played ~7 games fwd so 17 goals is very good

happy to eat humble pie, I was certainly not a fan of his recruitment.  

forgive me milkshake

• Like 1

I was not a fan early this year, but he has improved, possibly due to becoming familiar with our style of play.

He does have the ability to kick long on both feet and that makes him a little unpredictable to the opposition.

Turning out a good get for us.