Patrick Dangerfield

Demonsterative

Stuff the house at Altona (nothing against Altona, very nice spot), he could buy himself a yacht and sail it to Mogs Creek. When he gets tired of sailing, he could fly his Cessna he could afford to his family home and land on a makeshift runway!

why have a Cessna, when he can fly his Bell JetRanger to his beach house @ Moggies in 20mins, without needing a runway. & live down at Werribee Sth on the river, & fish all day, when not training... then fly the chopper to the Ocean Road when he needs a salmon for tea.

The figures bandied around by the press rarely end up being accurate. Don't believe for one minute that we'd compromise our salary cap with that sort of money for a mid even if it's Dangerman. Is he worth the same money as Buddy?

I'm not worried about our cap-space I'm sure PJ would be atop of that, but jealousy from our rising kids, it could end up hurting us, with an import taking so much, we could end up losing good kids.

yes I want Danger, but as Blzb says, not at any price.

get me Curnow & Weideman from this draft first up, & I'll be happy... then simply add another mature type, & hey Presto... jobs dome from my end.

• Like 1

The figures bandied around by the press rarely end up being accurate. Don't believe for one minute that we'd compromise our salary cap with that sort of money for a mid even if it's Dangerman. Is he worth the same money as Buddy?

Disagree. I think it's very likely we offered 1.5mill. We're not a destination club yet. We needed to make a very big play if we were gonna get him.

• Like 1

Off Facebook FWIW

"Danger is deciding between Cats & Dees, Crows want Dees offer accepted, unsure on exact details of what the crows get from Dees but Dangers partner wants him to take the Dees offer"

I'm not buying into it, but, hypothetically, what would we have to give up? Two first rounders? First rounder and a decent young player (like Kent/ANB)?

I'm not buying into it, but, hypothetically, what would we have to give up? Two first rounders? First rounder and a decent young player (like Kent/ANB)?

I think we're talking about the longest of long shots but ... from Adelaide's perspective, the deal they get if Dangerfield goes as a FA is something in the vicinity of pick #14 so it would have to be better than that. Our first rounder for sure plus a player as you suggest ... in the spirit of fairness, integrity and decency that abounds in the AFL, perhaps Jimmy Toumpas?

Off Facebook FWIW

"Danger is deciding between Cats & Dees, Crows want Dees offer accepted, unsure on exact details of what the crows get from Dees but Dangers partner wants him to take the Dees offer"

Why would Adelaide care which club he chooses?

They would only receive the same compensation wouldn't they?

I think they plan to match initial offer therefore have to trade

• Like 1

If he was an unrestricted free agent that would be the case. Because he is a "restricted free agent" & Geelong have matched the contract offer the destination club & Adelaide need to agree to an adequate compensation price.

I'm not sure if Adelaide would be able to match our contract offer though & what the rules are there. It may throw a spanner in the works for Adelaide? I don't see why just because Adelaide have matched the Geelong offer that they are able to just deal in a normal trade scenario with all clubs. If he's a free agent & there are other contract offers that are higher surely all contract offers need to be reviewed before any trade takes place?

People can dream but he is going to Geelong. All the noise to the contrary is just that: noise!

From the horses mouth: "I think both the Geelong Football Club and the Adelaide Football Club can come to some sort of arrangement.
"I'm not sure what that is but I'm sure it will be fair and equitable for all."
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-09-27/dangerfield-confident-on-crowscats-trade-deal?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=RSS+feed%3A+AFL+Latest+News

The guy has so much integrity.

He plays his heart out for the whole season not worrying about preserving energy or avoiding injury.

Knows he is leaving but wins the B & F.

Who can judge him harshly when he explains it like this: "Football is a huge part of my life but it isn't my life, it isn't the number one thing that drives me – that of course is family,"..."Over the journey [club personnel] become far more than just work colleagues and acquaintances, they really become part of your family..."So to turn my back on that is incredibly difficult, it certainly brings up a huge range of emotions. "Standing here in front of everyone, it's very difficult because I understand it's a decision not too many people were too pleased about but I'd hope that they understand it's [made] in the right manner. "I've made it in the best interests of myself and Mardi and the family we would like to start and head back to. "There's a certain amount of selfishness you have to have when you're making a decision such as this."

He is a great role model for young guys in and out of football.

The rapturous applause he received at the B&F was very fitting.

• Like 8

I think they plan to match initial offer therefore have to trade

Ah OK. Sorry. I thought we were talking about him choosing Geelongs free agency offer and our own.

I hadn't jumped ahead to the point where offers were already matched.

Off Facebook FWIW

The owner of that page is a 15 year old kid who trolls the public and a melbourne supporter. He even came on here last year and tried to do the same.

There is no fairytale to this. Danger is off to Geelong simple as that.

Disagree. I think it's very likely we offered 1.5mill. We're not a destination club yet. We needed to make a very big play if we were gonna get him.

To put it in perspective it's the same money the Swans are paying Buddy over 9yrs so they are paying him considerably less a year than this offer. We have to accomodate Jesse Hogan who will become the highest paid and most sort after player in the league. A more important player than any midfielder including Danger. If we set the bar at $1.5pa for Danger how would we pay Jesse less.

one wonders if there is a well paying job for himself and his wife, possibly his mum and dad with some Geelong supporters company

There are so many ways of hiding extra non-payments that the AFL would need to an integrity unit to provide oversight.

• Like 2

There are so many ways of hiding extra non-payments that the AFL would need to an integrity unit to provide oversight.

If a player chooses to leave a club as a free agent, any 3rd party deals with the new club should be included in their salary cap. I'd like an independent integrity unit monitoring the AFL Integrity Unit.

• Like 1

I'm already looking forward to us making the journey down the Princes Hwy for another win next year.

Bernie to get the job done on Danger once again.

• Like 4

To put it in perspective it's the same money the Swans are paying Buddy over 9yrs so they are paying him considerably less a year than this offer. We have to accomodate Jesse Hogan who will become the highest paid and most sort after player in the league. A more important player than any midfielder including Danger. If we set the bar at $1.5pa for Danger how would we pay Jesse less.

I'm sure we'd be planning to heavily front-load Dangerfield's contract. Hogan's next contract will be 2018. I believe he's contracted until 2017. Plenty of time. Anyway, it's not ideal people that much for Dangerfield, because I actually find him quite overrated, despite the fact I'd love him in the red and blue. Getting Dangerfield would almost be more important for sign-posting us as a destination club again.

I'm sure we'd be planning to heavily front-load Dangerfield's contract. Hogan's next contract will be 2018. I believe he's contracted until 2017. Plenty of time. Anyway, it's not ideal people that much for Dangerfield, because I actually find him quite overrated, despite the fact I'd love him in the red and blue. Getting Dangerfield would almost be more important for sign-posting us as a destination club again.

Talking about it on SEN know it's a huge offer and one I would prefer to give to Hogan lets face it the kids the most exciting player to walk through the door since Flower, we don't even know how good truck is yet I say pay our own kids and save the 10 million for the kid that's going to snag 70 plus goals for the next decade.
  • Like 1