Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

I thought the Macho man died in a car accident, I'm pretty sure Hulk Hogan took the fall for Vince McMahon in the 80s over steroid use in wrestling, most of the great wrestlers of the 70s and 80 s are deceased , look what happened to Chris Benoit.

You and A de C are both right... Randy Savage died of cardiac arrhythmia while driving. Skull Murphy died in a car crash, but that is going way back to the 60's - 70's.

... only within the AFL can you test drugs without strong efficacy and safety evidence on athletes with no ethics approvals at all.

Following on from this, interesting that a number of "professional footballers" were cited in the patent application for AOD 9604.

http://www.fisheradamskelly.com.au/2013/09/too-much-information-examples-and-case-studies-in-patent-applications/

"(media) reports went on to allege that players at the club were deceived into taking part in a clinical trial involving AOD9604, which is a banned substance for professional athletes according to the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA). The applicant has since denied using players as guinea pigs in a secret drug trial, but confirmed that the case studies involving the professional footballers were derived from anecdotal case notes regarding the historical use of AOD9604 provided to the company by the former sports scientist at the club."

You and A de C are both right... Randy Savage died of cardiac arrhythmia while driving. Skull Murphy died in a car crash, but that is going way back to the 60's - 70's.

Wikipedia has the Skull passing away due to an apparent overdose of sleeping pills. But then again...you can't believe everything in Wikipedia. They listed the famous finishing moves of Skull Murphy as the elbow smash, foreign objects, and the powerslam. What!! No Headbutt!! Skull carried a scone that was reportedly twice the thickness of the normal human skull.

Gotta love pre-season.

Well times must be tough in the hird household. Must be cutting back on costs. In the sun today they reported the Hird clan flew Tiger Airways into melbourne from the GC.

Well, after all, a million a year for doing nothing doesn't stretch far !! :-)))))

Well times must be tough in the hird household. Must be cutting back on costs. In the sun today they reported the Hird clan flew Tiger Airways into melbourne from the GC.

would have to be tiger,, he's not allowed anywhere near the bombers. boom boom

The doctor concerned should have resigned as his letter wasnt properly responded to.

I know of an AFL club doctor who has resigned on the basis of this scandal because of the implications and conflicts of interest inherant in this field. On the one hand the ethical duties of medicos and on the other the presures of elite performance.

He observes that whereas with most commercial drugs testing is exhaustive and approvals evidence based with ethics approval of tests - only within the AFL can you test drugs without strong efficacy and safety evidence on athletes with no ethics approvals at all. Doctors operating in this environment are not maintaining their professional standards if they dont make a stand. The "I wrote a letter defence" doesnt stack up for mine.

Even Essendon people acknowledge that Hird had such God-like status that he was untouchable and there were literally NO constraints on what he was allowed to do - not from the Board, not from the CEO, and certainly not from those advising him on medical issues. After all, two of Hird's supposedly greatest friends, the club doctor and the CEO, he was quite happy to betray in a vain effort to save his own skin. There was a culture of group think at Hird's Essendon which was dominated by Hird himself which was taken over by his sociopathic personality. It was inevitable it would implode. The club doctor merely became its most public victim.

• Like 1

Even Essendon people acknowledge that Hird had such God-like status that he was untouchable and there were literally NO constraints on what he was allowed to do - not from the Board, not from the CEO, and certainly not from those advising him on medical issues. After all, two of Hird's supposedly greatest friends, the club doctor and the CEO, he was quite happy to betray in a vain effort to save his own skin. There was a culture of group think at Hird's Essendon which was dominated by Hird himself which was taken over by his sociopathic personality. It was inevitable it would implode. The club doctor merely became its most public victim.

Well summed up.

The decline of the autocratic Canberra kid with the lame bob haircut and his know all ways has been spectacular.

When a dictator hears "no" for the first time it's a big shock.

I hope he has the sh!t kicked out of him on the way down the ladder.

• Like 1

think you will find that james can already fly without the use of a plane

his children though complain of sore arms and wanted to take the easy way home

Did the players push back at all? Doesn't seem like it fromt he outside.

• Like 1

In some aspects we don't even know what Essendon people are thinking. On BomberBlitz for instance, a thread if close to 20 pages was obliterated in the past 24 hours presumably because the administrator didn't like the way discussion was going. It wasn't simply closed but rather, wiped off the map so we can't see what went "wrong" with the debate.

In some aspects we don't even know what Essendon people are thinking. On BomberBlitz for instance, a thread if close to 20 pages was obliterated in the past 24 hours presumably because the administrator didn't like the way discussion was going. It wasn't simply closed but rather, wiped off the map so we can't see what went "wrong" with the debate.

what went wrong was most likely a dissenter, probably one amongst a growing legion who have awoken from the spell and are leaving the Hird !!

Now as the author does note and there are many varied reasons for the death rate on that list but the ages of some of these guys is ridiculously young and some are directly related to the use.

http://prowrestling.about.com/od/whatsrealwhatsfake/a/wrestlersdeaths.htm

Also this

http://prowrestling.about.com/b/2009/01/03/chairman-waxman-releases-letter-regarding-illegal-steroid-use-in-professional-wrestling.htm

That list is just unbelievable and way out of whack with normal society.

I can't understand why the Bomber players aren't absolutely furious with their club.

What else needs to be said really. This so called Doctor obviously hasnt a shred of his medical convictions is he is comfortable to return to an organisation that systematically abused the health of its entrsuted and ignored even his half hearted warnings.

You're a sham Reid. A blight on those in medicine who actually oblige their oath.

• Like 1

That's quite hypocritical of you WJ. My account 'Thomo' was banned and all posts deleted for being critical of Cameron Schwab, Mark Neeld and Liam Jurrah, and Demonland admin will not give any other reason to me except this. My posts were not crude or defamatory , but the content was not liked by your team, even though in hindsight it was all spot on. How are bomber blitz any different?

• Like 1

The players have no choice. They have to believe the lies... no one else wants them. Crameri was the only player to leave at the end of last year. Its afl career over for lots of them if they get infraction notices

they do have a choice, everyone HAS a choice. They've simply chosen poorly

That's quite hypocritical of you WJ. My account 'Thomo' was banned and all posts deleted for being critical of Cameron Schwab, Mark Neeld and Liam Jurrah, and Demonland admin will not give any other reason to me except this. My posts were not crude or defamatory , but the content was not liked by your team, even though in hindsight it was all spot on. How are bomber blitz any different?

I was highly critical of Schwab and still am but don't get me going again. I've had a few disputes with 'Jack' about my criticism of Schwab and it's all been up on this forum for anyone to see. I've never felt that my posts were in danger of being deleted or being banned.

I agree with 'Jack' on some things and disagree on others which is as it should be. On the whole I think he is fair.

What else needs to be said really. This so called Doctor obviously hasnt a shred of his medical convictions is he is comfortable to return to an organisation that systematically abused the health of its entrsuted and ignored even his half hearted warnings.
You're a sham Reid. A blight on those in medicine who actually oblige their oath.

Sad thing is though....in the eyes of the AFL and the greater public Ried going back into the Bomber Camp will make therm look better and potentially soften the blow.

i hope this does not happen.

Even if you were banned unfairly, it is quite different from what has happened on Bomberblitz. There entire threads disappear, clobbering all contributors as well as all readers and making it impossible to see what was said by whom later on. The motivation for this Stalinist approach is very suspicious. It's one thing to shoot you, it's another to airbrush you out of existence as well.

Even if you were banned unfairly, it is quite different from what has happened on Bomberblitz. There entire threads disappear, clobbering all contributors as well as all readers and making it impossible to see what was said by whom later on. The motivation for this Stalinist approach is very suspicious. It's one thing to shoot you, it's another to airbrush you out of existence as well.

It's exactly the same Sue. Try searching Thomo and see what you find. Whipped out of existence because of an unpopular opinion. It's amazing how you believe that there is a difference because you support the same team as Whispering Jack, you like Satyricon and a few others are no different to the masses in the cult of Hird. If my posts were not whiped you would see that what I was banned for is now the common group think, just unpopular at the time
  • Like 1

It's exactly the same Sue. Try searching Thomo and see what you find. Whipped out of existence because of an unpopular opinion. It's amazing how you believe that there is a difference because you support the same team as Whispering Jack, you like Satyricon and a few others are no different to the masses in the cult of Hird. If my posts were not whiped you would see that what I was banned for is now the common group think, just unpopular at the time

Sign up at Demonology, it's a great forum with good moderators, the only mod Iv ever disliked here was RR and I'm sure I wasn't the only one.