Jump to content

  • Latest Podcast: Josh Mahoney Interview



Petraccattack

WELCOME TO THE MELBOURNE FOOTBALL CLUB - BRAYDON PREUSS

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, the rolling fog said:

Would be interested to now if we're carrying any of Dom's fairly sizeable salary or if that was a sticking point - anyone care to shed any light?

ala us still carrying part of JW's salary for two years...

This trade seemed to false start a couple of times and wondering if salary/years was at the heart of it

Fairly sure Tyson was actually uncontracted by us, so I think it's a pretty fair assumption that we would be paying zero of Dom's player payments moving forward.

Though as I have stated, I really would have liked to have kept Dom as a pretty handy depth player and I think the club would have entertained that at the right asking price, however in the circumstances,  I can also respect and admire Dom for his drive and motivation to be good player in his predominant position.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those worries about Preuss's fitness, it was reported on the MFC website that he is at a training camp in Utah at the moment. Looks like he is getting on with business 

  • Like 11
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Rodney (Balls) Grinter said:

Fairly sure Tyson was actually uncontracted by us, so I think it's a pretty fair assumption that we would be paying zero of Dom's player payments moving forward.

Though as I have stated, I really would have liked to have kept Dom as a pretty handy depth player and I think the club would have entertained that at the right asking price, however in the circumstances,  I can also respect and admire Dom for his drive and motivation to be good player in his predominant position.

Was contracted for 2019. I imagine we might've paid a bit of his salary, only because I think North would've paid him huge money in 2019 followed by peanuts in 2020/2021. No real issue with us paying a bit of money if it gets the deal done. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like the look of this guy he holds his ground and palms to his players, one problem I have always seen with Gawn's fantastic ruck work is that he does have trouble with more physical ruckman like grundy who push him off centre. I think Prueuss is a great get. I particularly liked his highlights where he kicked a 60m goal off one step.  This guy has talent.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Demon Disciple said:

The problem is one is in the 22-25 range, the other is out near the 30's.

Preuss is the next man picked if Max goes down. So in many ways he's = 23rd.

Tyson is 8th in line for the 4/5 inside mid spots in his preferred position clearly behind Oliver, Viney, Brayshaw and Harmes and most likely behind Vanders, Jones and Petracca. Even Maynard isn't far off. He's probably closer than that for a wing spot but it's time to develop long term answers there.

With the way things were going in a years time Preuss is still next man picked if Gawn goes down. Tyson is drifting further behind.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, DeeSpencer said:

Preuss is the next man picked if Max goes down. So in many ways he's = 23rd.

Tyson is 8th in line for the 4/5 inside mid spots in his preferred position clearly behind Oliver, Viney, Brayshaw and Harmes and most likely behind Vanders, Jones and Petracca. Even Maynard isn't far off. He's probably closer than that for a wing spot but it's time to develop long term answers there.

With the way things were going in a years time Preuss is still next man picked if Gawn goes down. Tyson is drifting further behind.

Yeah good post DS.

Having said that, i am sad to see Dom go as i liked him.

This is as close to a win-win as trades get. Both teams should be happy with what they ended up with, and more importantly, what it cost them. If we are trying to make a good (trading) reputation for ourselves, this is the way to go about it. I suppose North also deserve a pat on the back.

Freo however.......................... Muppets.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2018 at 12:43 PM, pewpewpew said:

Can't confirm the authenticity of this photo.

c63288115287e5bf6dd129baac200402.jpg

Maxy, Preussy and Belly?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ding said:

Yeah good post DS.

Having said that, i am sad to see Dom go as i liked him.

It was a good analysis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, chook fowler said:

Garlett really needs to get his mojo back to be at the feet of all those talls 

Onyer, Chook. Dead right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

206cm.

109kg.

Big Unit From Townsville.

Nickname

Mr Townsvile Preuss.

or just 

Castle Hill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can he play in defense?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, demoniac said:

206cm.

109kg.

Big Unit From Townsville.

Nickname

Mr Townsvile Preuss.

or just 

Castle Hill

Didn’t Jake Spencer come from Townsville too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

23rd man or perfect to play when Gawny is sore or needs a rest. Maybe even use against a Stef Martin or Grundy to wear them down. 

Preuss could be vital at September time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2018 at 11:21 AM, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

Plus Wagner and Fritsch. You could possibly throw in vandenBerg, too, although perhaps that's Dutch.

and don't forget a couple of schmidts too (guessing)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

and don't forget a couple of schmidts too (guessing)

Do you mean Mackie Messer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Whispering_Jack said:

Didn’t Jake Spencer come from Townsville too?

Yes he did.

Preuss filling important Spencil Memorial Cult Ruck From Townxville slot.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, demoniac said:

Nickname

Mr Townsvile Preuss.

 

That might be the worst nickname ever conceived.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/13/2018 at 11:04 PM, A F said:

Maxy, Preussy and Belly?

Definitely Charlie Spargo!

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/13/2018 at 8:33 AM, Petraccattack said:

We will get May.

Somewhere between April and June?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Braydon has a fair bit of mongrel in him and their are reports that he intimidated the hell out of Goldstein at training!  Maybe we should nickname him Carl?

I wouldn’t be worried if we rested Maxy a few times during the season and gave Big Carl Preuss a call up. There will also be times during next season when we need to play two ruckmen and I’m looking forward to seeing how that goes.

Edited by ProperDee
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ProperDee said:

Brayden has a fair bit of mongrel in him and their are reports that he intimidated the hell out of Goldstein at training!  Maybe we should nickname him Carl?

I wouldn’t be worried if we rested Maxy a few times during the season and gave Big Carl Preuss a call up. There will also be times during next season when we need to play two ruckmen and I’m looking forward to seeing how that goes.

We should start calling him TANK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we will give Preuss FF a go with the 6-6-6.

Someone has to start in the square. Having Weideman, T Mac, Melksham, Petracca and Spargo/Fritsch/Hannan/Garlett seems pretty appetising for our midfield to hit up with no intercepting loose players...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, rpfc said:

I think we will give Preuss FF a go with the 6-6-6.

Someone has to start in the square. Having Weideman, T Mac, Melksham, Petracca and Spargo/Fritsch/Hannan/Garlett seems pretty appetising for our midfield to hit up with no intercepting loose players...

Hopefully he turns out capable. I can’t see the workload we had on Max this year as being sustainable going forward, so I expect at times Preuss will need to play whether he’s a capable forward or not. Especially now that we’ve lost our main forward, meaning moving TMac or Weid in to the ruck hurts more than it previously did.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see him starting the quarter on the bench and giving Gawn a spell a couple of minutes earlier than he was getting spelled this year, and Gawn then has a couple of minutes bench time before bobbing up in the goal square and then back to the middle. Gonna be fascinating if/when we go with the two big men in the same team.

Edited by leucopogon
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×