Christian Petracca’s 2024 Season Ending Injuries

17 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

I'll wait until there is more info on this before commenting too much.

For now suffice to say that it is very rare for non-family visitors to be allowed into ICU especially post covid. 

Not sure that's exactly what he meant. Also pointed to the fact that Trac announced his season over via his Instagram as opposed to Melbourne doing it first. Know doubt Morris is bringing up [censored], but I believe he's got a source inside the club judging off some of the previous stories leaked. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thinking 1

23 minutes ago, At the break of Gawn said:

Not sure that's exactly what he meant. Also pointed to the fact that Trac announced his season over via his Instagram as opposed to Melbourne doing it first. Know doubt Morris is bringing up [censored], but I believe he's got a source inside the club judging off some of the previous stories leaked. 

As Christian was in ICU for the first 2-3 days I don't know what other 'lack of care' or contact from the club Morris could allude to. 

Alluding is just another way of throwing mud at the club with no facts to back it up.

He is a lowlife.

Edited by Lucifers Hero
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Clap 1
  • Angry 1

Apologies all round from the keyboard doctors both here and in the media would be welcome. But unlikely to be forthcoming from the latter at least.

Having a high pain threshold has its dangers and when they operate sans anaethesia, its advantages.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/melbourne-demons/afl-2024-christian-petracca-speaks-for-first-time-on-internal-injury-traumatic-recovery-from-hospital-latest-news/news-story/3016f0d68f2ac8ee20c43f7f7636af91

Edited by sue
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1
  • Shocked 1

59 minutes ago, DistrACTION Jackson said:

Where was this mentioned?

My barber told me today at lunch time.  He knows everything.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, beelzebub said:

Much is made of any and all evaluations . Ive been one..  and some are saying even with the best scans and protocols ...  how was it missed.

In all of this the the "blindingly obvious" ( correct jnr ) seems just as blindindly overlooked and/or disregarded.   He couldn't move properly and was in pain.

You could see it....I could see it....I know others here could..   The Collingwood players could and seemed more concerned.

How bizarre ..  .  Among any questions and evals did it occur to anyone to do the one "bleeding obvious" test..    throw a ball high to Trac......   The result should have been again....bleeding obvious and he would never have been sent out on the field and most likely ambo'd to hospital for scans there and then.

Why wasnt this the case.? 

I agree I was sitting in my hotel room screaming what the hell are doing letting him back on.     Bleeden obviously should have been straight and sent to hospital asap like may was earlier in year.   Heads have to roll over this.  My daughter is a doctor   she agrees terrible decision

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, gregdemon said:

I agree I was sitting in my hotel room screaming what the hell are doing letting him back on.     Bleeden obviously should have been straight and sent to hospital asap like may was earlier in year.   Heads have to roll over this.  My daughter is a doctor   she agrees terrible decision

Our docs didn't have high-tech scanning equipment but even the hospital which did have them got it wrong initially.  

Why should you in your hotel room know better?  Does your daughter often diagnose without seeing the patient?  Of course it looked very bad, but we've seen that sort of thing before, and while the player may not end up playing out the game, they don't often end up in ICU.

I foolishly though the report about what initially happened at the hospital would have quietened the keyboard doctors on here. Seems I was wrong.

• Like 12
  • Clap 1

Seems a lot of Demonlanders are still obsessed or fixated with Maynard over the Brayshaw incident & now Moore over the Petracca injury.

I'm much more worried that we have been $h!those for over a month and that our brains trust has run out of ideas.

• Like 5
  • Facepalm 1
  • Thinking 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Cranky Franky said:

Seems a lot of Demonlanders are still obsessed or fixated with Maynard over the Brayshaw incident & now Moore over the Petracca injury.

I'm much more worried that we have been $h!those for over a month and that our brains trust has run out of ideas.

Agree but Maynard is still a country member

Because I will remember

Edited by 640MD
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Lucifers Hero said:

I'll wait until there is more info on this before commenting too much.

For now suffice to say that it is very rare for non-family visitors to be allowed into ICU especially post covid. 

According to Tracc, no visitors allowed for a week or so, bar the other half with food & supplies, due to the spleen being associated with the immune system.

Tracc interview / podcast here if it's not already been posted or mentioned in the other links above....

https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast/jase-and-lauren/id1734322806?i=1000659202457

Edited by Demon Dynasty
  • Thanks 4
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, whatwhat say what said:

@Fritta and Turner's barber is more reliable

Can i just get his gossip without the hair do?

Edited by Demon Dynasty
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Be prepared people…Footy Classified is going to be running a story tonight suggesting that Petracca be his family are angry at Melbourne ..you know where this is headed…soon he will be disgruntled…trade talk incoming…you know he grew up a Magpie and they showed so much care for him…you can just see the narrative coming

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Angry 1

2 minutes ago, Kick_It_To_Pickett said:

Be prepared people…Footy Classified is going to be running a story tonight suggesting that Petracca be his family are angry at Melbourne ..you know where this is headed…soon he will be disgruntled…trade talk incoming…you know he grew up a Magpie and they showed so much care for him…you can just see the narrative coming

Trac sounds like a diva

• Facepalm 1
  • Shocked 1

9 minutes ago, Kick_It_To_Pickett said:

F#@k no... would tear our club apart surely not... 

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Fritta and Turner said:

My barber told me today at lunch time.  He knows everything.

Must be that bloke in the Glenhuntly shops... or else there's a network of them.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Kick_It_To_Pickett said:

Pies [censored] already on the socials with the 'bring him home' message. [censored] off, and also [censored] off media for the continued destabilising campaign.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Clap 1

1 minute ago, Clintosaurus said:

Pies [censored] already on the socials with the 'bring him home' message. [censored] off, and also [censored] off media for the continued destabilising campaign.

Yep…and so it begins.. more destabilising. 

it really is time for a statement from our President..she has been MIA for too long  

Edited by Kick_It_To_Pickett
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

38 minutes ago, Kick_It_To_Pickett said:

Here we go..

• Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

I keep going to our Website expecting to see something, anything regarding Tracc’s situation but no all we are getting is AFL or some media person rabitting on. I would have liked to have seen this story unfold via our club, even an interview at the hospital telling us how he is faring. Where is our new Media manager, wtf.!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Here we go..

Typical Wilson story..trying to drum a story off the back of Tom Morris dribble…Morris used to get the scoop on Melbourne stories but no longer really does. The family doesn’t want to make a statement..this is just bulls..t but it requires a statement from the Club immediately. The philosophy to not entertain these stories has not worked well for us lately. Earn ya keep Roffey

• Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1
  • Vomit 1

5 hours ago, sue said:

Our docs didn't have high-tech scanning equipment but even the hospital which did have them got it wrong initially.  

Why should you in your hotel room know better?  Does your daughter often diagnose without seeing the patient?  Of course it looked very bad, but we've seen that sort of thing before, and while the player may not end up playing out the game, they don't often end up in ICU.

I foolishly though the report about what initially happened at the hospital would have quietened the keyboard doctors on here. Seems I was wrong.

Still no excuse for sending him back on    

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 2
  • Sad 1