• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

PREGAME: Rd 08 vs Geelong

1 hour ago, Roost it far said:

I tell you what, Demonland will be in raptures if we win the next 2

Most of us, yes. Core group of naysayers, not so much. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Tarax Club said:

Yes, first half was a Clanger fest. Not wishing to be naming names, but it was on for young and old. Two of those clangers howlers coming from the most experienced players, resulted in goals. Tigers score was the lowest against Demons since…  . Well Norm Smith was still coaching, but Ronald Dale had recently departed to make his own way in the footy firmament. 

“Forty two points!” if Deep Thought was re-programmed to do appearances on the Sunday Footy Show. Not only would Kane Cornes be out of a job, the Velvet Sledgehammer would be speechless. 

So subtract those two gift goals and we would be going back to when Methuselah was an orange boy to find the lowest score.

So despite the ‘G being universally cited as having the ideal dimensions for Australian Rules. Giving players the opportunity to execute their skills in “Space… is big. Really big. You just won’t believe how mindboggingly” bad the foot passing was.

Tarax, I had to relook at the poster towards the end, thought #slartibartfast had ambushed your account.

I agree though, the passing was "improbable".

• Like 1

Yeah, I also note that Carlton have scored big from clearance, where we are the best(?) if not second best at defending stoppage, and scoring more from stoppage than the opposition (minus against Brisbane). It means play the way we've been playing (minus Brisbane) and the Blues will have difficulty beating us.

As for Geelong next week, minus Danger, means historically they'd go for a super slingshot slanted game, even with Danger in the team. 

It'll be interesting to see if we try and concede territory and play from our back half. With no Danger, our scores from stoppage and our ability to defend from stoppage will be greatly improved.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Binmans PA said:

Yeah, I also note that Carlton have scored big from clearance, where we are the best(?) if not second best at defending stoppage, and scoring more from stoppage than the opposition (minus against Brisbane). It means play the way we've been playing (minus Brisbane) and the Blues will have difficulty beating us.

As for Geelong next week, minus Danger, means historically they'd go for a super slingshot slanted game, even with Danger in the team. 

It'll be interesting to see if we try and concede territory and play from our back half. With no Danger, our scores from stoppage and our ability to defend from stoppage will be greatly improved.

Good assessment.

• Thanks 1

It would be wonderful to be the first to beat Geelong this season. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Ollie fan said:

Next week will be up to our defenders. I truly hope they do well. I can't stand seeing Geelong up the top....

Our defenders will do what they do, it’s upto the midfield and forwards to cone to the party 

• Like 2

I only have two concerns next week

will we be able to kick a winning score 

will we have too many young players against the bigger bodies at Geelong

having said that, cant wait to be the first team to knock them off this year

• Like 3

11 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

I pretty much said this last week and got howled down for it. Body contact in ruck contests isn't his thing.

He hasn't got the physical attributes that you want in a second ruckman that can chop out Gawn, especially if he has to go up against the like of Grundy, Briggs, Jackson, Draper, Goldstein who'll just monster him physically. This is why they have trust in JVR because at least he competes hard when he chops out. Similar to how Cam Pederson use to be when Gaqn went down back in 2017.

He's a tall mobile 200cm forward flanker who can push up the ground and perhaps be use as a link up between the two halves using his athletic ability. 

Still think Verrall can still play a role some stage this year as a 2nd hand Similar to how we use Jackson.

“Still think Verrall can still play a role some stage this year as a 2nd hand Similar to how we use Jackson.”

Verrall sounds an interesting one. 
To even mention him in the same sentence as Jackson causes salivation. 
And for those who have had the opportunity to see both throughout their careers, and I reacll Max took about 4 years to be taken seriously, how do these two compare?  More cause for salivation?

On 24/04/2024 at 23:33, Smokey said:

Petty has fallen off a cliff. Looks nowhere near it. Cant see how he holds his spot. 

Just watch the first quarter . Petty lead or made possession 7 times but we failed to deliver the ball to him except once on the wing. Usual good disposers kicked it over his head or a yard short of him. Would be very stupid to drop him

im more concerned about JVR . Not leading, not grabbing marks, yes he is useful when rucking. But if Fullerton is to come in I would leave out JVR

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Roost it far said:

Our defenders will do what they do, it’s upto the midfield and forwards to cone to the party 

Completely agree. Mids have been down a bit last couple of games and need to lift back to their normal levels. Gawn will monster Stanley and it is up to Viney, Tracc and Clarry to follow suit and we will win this comfortably.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gawndy the Great said:

So, the game against the Blues will be a 2nd 5 day break of the season. Have a guess how many Carlton will have had in the same time.

If it counts for anything, I think cumulative breaks are an issue as much as a single short break.

And going the game against Carlton will be out 3rd in 16 days and 4th in 29 days. (11/4, 24/4, 4/5, 9/5)

While for Carlton it will be their 3rd in 13 days, 4th in 20 days and 5th in 27 days. (13/4, 20/4, 27/4, 3/5, 9/5)

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Gawndy the Great said:

So, the game against the Blues will be a 2nd 5 day break of the season. Have a guess how many Carlton will have had in the same time.

They have to protect their money interests the AFL don't they.

Doesn't surprise me one bit.

• Vomit 1

31 minutes ago, Gawndy the Great said:

Really hope we don’t go down the fatigue excuse if we get done x2.

We’ve played just 3 games in the month of April and should be cherry ripe to attack Geelong and Carlton (and then a 10 day break into West Coast)

• Like 1
  • Clap 1

4 hours ago, M_9 said:

May to Cameron and TMac to Hawkins or vica versa?

vice-versa for mine; want the run of tom going with cameron up the wings

i'm more worried about how mcvee covers all of stengle, miers, and close; i assume lever goes to henry which means rivers and howe with whoever mcvee doesn't take closest to goal, with woewodin offering defensive help as well

it should be a cracking game

Edited by whatwhat say what
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, whatwhat say what said:

vice-versa for mine; want the run of tom going with cameron up the wings

i'm more worried about how mcvee covers all of stengle, miers, and close; i assume lever goes to henry which means rivers and howe with whoever mcvee doesn't take closest to goal, with woewodin offering defensive help as well

it should be a cracking game

Tmac will get touched in pace by Cameron, not sure may is the answer but he will kick another 5 like tonight if it’s tmac

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Stanley was monstered by Pittonet and hopefully max takes that to the next level

danger out as well so we should be competitive on clearances although they don’t matter so much apparently (Binman?)

the cats are very good from turnovers and their fwd line is elite