Welcome to Demonland Koltyn Tholstrup

Mach5

10 hours ago, binman said:

Sixth in the bluey says hi.

And got me stuffed..how..you must judge it for the club.He just doesn’t do enough…Shows how much we had - a poor year.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 2
  • Vomit 1

13 hours ago, BW511 said:

I am fairly confident he will too.

All of ANB, Chandler, Kozzie, Spargo, Sparrow, Billings and McAdam will want to have very, very good preseasons.

Our forward half will be very dynamic if everyone is up and running

Totally agree, the competition for those spots will be immense.

Also thanks for playing along with my nickname project of 'Dirk', even if you didn't mean to. I'll be doing everything possible to make this one stick. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I’m sure this comparison has been made already but Sestan and Tholstrup are, on paper, remarkably similar 

Mid sized forward

X factor

Size (188cm V 186cm)

Powerful frame

Great kick/High footy IQ

Mullet

This dynamic duo could be a whole lot of fun for us to watch 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Thinking 1

11 hours ago, binman said:

Sixth in the bluey says hi.

Point being?

His pressure acts, 1%ers, effort, gut running, etc. border on elite, but you’re mad if you think he shows composure with the footy in hand. If he could consistently execute under pressure he’d be AA.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mach5 said:

Point being?

His pressure acts, 1%ers, effort, gut running, etc. border on elite, but you’re mad if you think he shows composure with the footy in hand. If he could consistently execute under pressure he’d be AA.

Point being?

His coaches, full time professionals working at the elite level, judged him to be our 6th best player.

He finished 9th in the bluey in 2022 and 6th this season. Back to back top 10s in the b&f of an AFL club that finished top 4 is an objective measure of excellence.

It's plain silly to think he finished 6th only because of his pressure acts, 1%ers, effort and gut running. 

I mean c'mon, it's elite level sport, not the local footy club handing out votes to the bloke who is a real trier and always does the barbie.

And without being facetious, the assessment of an AFL coaching staff holds more water than the vibe based assessment of random footy forum posters.

Mad if I think he shows composure with footy in hand?

Did you miss the part when I said he was our best kick inside 50 in terms of kick to score ratio?

Sure that probably says something about his teammates, but nonetheless hard to top that stat without showing composure with ball in hand. 

Edited by binman
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2
  • Clap 3
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, binman said:

So?

His coaches, full time professionals working at the elite level, judged him to he our 6th best player

He finished 9th in the bluey in 2022 and 6th this seaon. Back to back top 10s in the b&f of an afl club that finished top 4 is an objective measure of excellence.

It's plain silly to think he finished 6th only because of his pressure acts, 1%ers, effort and gut running. 

i mean c'mon, it's elite level sport, not the local footy club handing out votes to the bloke who is a real trier and always does the barbie

And without being facetious, the assessment of an AFL coaching staff holds more water than the vibe based assessment of random footy forum posters.

Did you miss the part when I said he was our best kick inside 50 in terms of kick to score ratio?

Sure that probably says something about his teamate, but nonetheless hard to top that stat without showing composure with ball in hand. 

BinmANB

• Haha 11
  • Clap 1

1 hour ago, FarNorthernD said:

I’m sure this comparison has been made already but Sestan and Tholstrup are, on paper, remarkably similar 

Mid sized forward

X factor

Size (188cm V 186cm)

Powerful frame

Great kick/High footy IQ

Mullet

This dynamic duo could be a whole lot of fun for us to watch 

I think Sestan is one of the most talented players we have. he also gets the ball the least unfortunately. hopefully his second year is the year for him. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, binman said:

So?

His coaches, full time professionals working at the elite level, judged him to he our 6th best player

He finished 9th in the bluey in 2022 and 6th this seaon. Back to back top 10s in the b&f of an afl club that finished top 4 is an objective measure of excellence.

i mean c'mon, it's elite level sport, not the local footy club handing out votes to the bloke who is a real trier and always does the barbie

Sure that probably says something about his teamate, but nonetheless hard to top that stat without showing composure with ball in hand. 

Well then... you’re mad.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, fr_ap said:

Watch the Taylor interviews. He's a HFF now likely to become a mid. That's what they're projecting for him. 

I would like another forward who can play mid, rather than mids playing half forward like we do.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, Demonland said:

Koltyn will join Premiership defender and 2 time All Australian Steven May as Demonland's Sponsored Players for the 2024 season.

2024DemonlandSponsorship.png

I won't tell the Colt about the Demonland player sponsor curse if you don't! 

• Haha 5
  • Thinking 2

When I first looked at Koltyn with the sunnies and hair I immediately thought of a young Brett Lovett, Brett was a lot shorter but he had that look about him. Koltyn has that look about him (eir of confidence) that will make people take him seriously. Lucky us.!!!

• Like 6
  • Clap 1

1 hour ago, drdrake said:

I would like another forward who can play mid, rather than mids playing half forward like we do.

100% Agree.

Bailey from the Lions is the perfect example of the sort of player and role that the Colt could fill for us.

High half forward who can get up and down the ground, hits targets, wins his own ball, can kick goals and when required can also go into the middle. 

The alternative is players like Sparrow and Jordon who can play as pure mids when required (eg to give our starting mids a chop out) but don't look natural forwards when resting at half forward flank. 

Edited by binman
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, DeeZone said:

When I first looked at Koltyn with the sunnies and hair I immediately thought of a young Brett Lovett, Brett was a lot shorter but he had that look about him. Koltyn has that look about him (eir of confidence) that will make people take him seriously. Lucky us.!!!

On the upside, Koltyn appears to be twice as fast as Brett, perhaps a better kick finding targets and just that little bit more likely to mark, not spoil and play on into the path of the ball; if he turns out to be half-three quarters as good he's going to be a champion. Welcome to the Club of clubs, young man. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Demonland said:

Koltyn will join Premiership defender and 2 time All Australian Steven May as Demonland's Sponsored Players for the 2024 season.

2024DemonlandSponsorship.png

Oh gosh, put the curse of less important players please 

Schache and KFW would be perfect 

• Haha 2
  • Thinking 1

7 hours ago, Bay Riffin said:

I think Sestan is one of the most talented players we have. he also gets the ball the least unfortunately. hopefully his second year is the year for him. 

He [Sestan] came from nowhere, has had one preseason at AFL level.

Really looking forward to seeing him develop after a year on our list and two preseasons. 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, binman said:

He finished 9th in the bluey in 2022 and 6th this season. Back to back top 10s in the b&f of an AFL club that finished top 4 is an objective measure of excellence.

This is a fallacy that keeps getting trotted out by many supporters. We have not finished in the top 4 this year or last. 2021, 22, 23 = 1st, 5th & 6th respectively.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Jibroni said:

Have we come up with a nickname for him yet?

I do like the Kenny Powers connection.

Apparently it's 'Dirk' ... see RBG's post to follow

Edited by Macca
  • Like 1