• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Harrison Petty

Demonland

42 minutes ago, Ollie fan said:

BTW WCW, how is Fritta going. Is he completely in the clear now?

If by ‘in the clear’ you mean back to what he was pre-injury, no. He’s technically still rehabbing. He’s overseas right now, with the ok from the Club, but he has to come back earlier than the others because he’s scheduled for the routine tests and x-rays. The main thing they concentrate on is ensuring the plate and the screws are all still in place etc. They’re very happy with how he’s tracking, though. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 6
  • Love 1

48 minutes ago, deejammin' said:

No one said he was 100% fine. Quote that comment. Setbacks happen, no one can predict the future, you have no idea who I am or what I do and certainly won’t be saying given the vitriol on here. Ive heard there’s a chance he’s back in the early part of the season, that’s still a 6/7 month recovery. Take it or leave it. Berate me in March If i turn out to be wrong. But don’t make stuff up.

3 hours ago, deejammin' said:

So you’re saying trade him now because he’s crippled and won’t play good footy again? You’re assuming Burgess and Adelaide are stupid and haven’t done their due diligence? 
He’ll play early next year. Bet on it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, deejammin' said:

Sorry, I was getting a bit overly combative in this thread. The “Petty will never be at higher value” with the implication “two serious foot injuries” would mean he never play well enough to warrant higher draft picks in the next two year discussion triggered me. I think he will be far higher value as a two time premiership full forward who kicks 50 goals two seasons in a row. 

I also after our club is very good at being leak proof and doing a sterling job on that front. Sometimes I think we do too good a job as I think two months in Harry’s recovery probably warrants an update. Hence why I posted what I’ve heard, I rarely do. I could of course be wrong, not because or bad info but because the world is cruel. As Webber says even if the Lisfranc heals quickly and permanently there is a chance of other injuries being caused by a range of factors in the recovery process.
I’m choosing to bet on what I’ve heard, our program and Harry, I could be wrong, chance is cruel. After all our AFLW team lost a pivotal game due to Paxy having a concussion incident with her dog! Anything can happen. But the narrative that Petty should be traded now because he’s not going to improve his value, or too injured, is just pure negativity and triggered me.
Sorry.

All good. And I totally agree with you.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Redleg said:

So you’re saying trade him now because he’s crippled and won’t play good footy again? You’re assuming Burgess and Adelaide are stupid and haven’t done their due diligence? 

That says neither that he will play round one, nor that he is fine, nor that he is 100%. You have to admit that. You made all three of those things up and if that’s your only quote you have proven my point.
I have heard his program is tailored to have him playing early next year. I believe in our program, Harry and choose to be optimistic. I may be wrong, I’m not Nostradamus, but I certainly don’t think the tone that was pervading in this thread at the time of, we should trade him as his value will never be higher is as likely as what I have posted. Take it or leave it.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, deejammin' said:

That says neither that he will play round one, nor that he is fine, nor that he is 100%. You have to admit that. You made all three of those things up and if that’s your only quote you have proven my point.
I have heard his program is tailored to have him playing early next year. I believe in our program, Harry and choose to be optimistic. I may be wrong, I’m not Nostradamus, but I certainly don’t think the tone that was pervading in this thread at the time of, we should trade him as his value will never be higher is as likely as what I have posted. Take it or leave it.

I think I have mixed up some different posters' quotes. So sorry about that.

I agree that we keep him and I have a grandson with the same name and photos of them together, which I don't want to devalue by him playing elsewhere, ( that's a poor attempt at humour ).

Lets move on.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Redleg said:

I think I have mixed up some different posters' quotes. So sorry about that.

I agree that we keep him and I have a grandson with the same name and photos of them together, which I don't want to devalue by him playing elsewhere, ( that's a poor attempt at humour ).

Lets move on.

Absolutely, I’m sorry if I’ve mixed up your comments with others also. Ironic that I be so petty in the Petty thread huh?

All good.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, david_neitz_is_my_dad said:

I hope we pushed Adelaide for 10, 14 and McAdams or 10 and McAdams. Because Petty very well may just sign there next year.

He is contracted to the end of 2025. I assume he's also going to be a RFA, so we could match any offer if we wanted to.

• Like 4

On 13/10/2023 at 23:38, YesitwasaWin4theAges said:

I love Petty to bits, i want him to stay as do all us Demons, but I reckon Petty knows deep down he's one injury away from screwing his future up here.

Was the deal 5 years, 1m the first year then 800k the next four?

Will this offer be there for him in 1-2 years time? I don't reckon it will be. He's stated he wants to come back to Adelaide.

Im looking at this from a different lens here, I believe his Partner is from Adelaide? also if they want to start a family in the next 3-4 years his partners parents are going to be helping out part of the time would he get that help in Melbourne with no family? No way.

He is very injury prone, he was injured twice this year playing as a Forward, a significant history with injuries.

If he gets injured again his value will significantly drop from a draft point of view, if he's going to leave next year we won't see this deal again

If this offer from the Crows is Thilthorpe or Fogarty, Pick 10 and McAdam for Petty if it eventuates take it and run i say.

I'd even squeeze them for pick 14 aswell and throw in Neal Bullen or Chandler.

What if Clayton Oliver offers to live with the Petty's when this happens?

• Haha 2

While I am totally against trading Harry, as I feel he will be a key player in our premiership attempt next year and the year after. As such I cannot follow the logic of wanting to trade him.

I'm assuming we'd do it to try and get better currency to obtain Pick 1. 

However, I'm also assuming that WC would only trade Pick 1 if they were guaranteed of getting Curtin, and another high first round pick, and maybe more. Even if we traded Petty, I don't think our haul would satisfy WC - ie we still won't have a pick high enough to guarantee them getting Curtin.

We would probably have to trade up to get Pick 2 or 3 or possibly 4 to be able to guarantee WC a pick that would get Curtin. Problem is, I don't think we'd have the picks left to offer WC, along with Pick 2 (3 or 4), that would entice them to trade with us.

So, I cannot see the point in trading Harrison if we cannot guarantee getting Pick 1. 

But as I said, I am against selling Harry and I'm against selling our future first pick. Will be interesting to see how this pans out.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

If by ‘in the clear’ you mean back to what he was pre-injury, no. He’s technically still rehabbing. He’s overseas right now, with the ok from the Club, but he has to come back earlier than the others because he’s scheduled for the routine tests and x-rays. The main thing they concentrate on is ensuring the plate and the screws are all still in place etc. They’re very happy with how he’s tracking, though. 

Thanks for the info

• Like 2

In light of what Tim Lamb has said today this thread should be closed and/or deleted.
In case any DL'ers haven't heard, the club had no intention of trading Harrison Petty.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Redleg said:

No one from Adelaide would offer the contract length and value of it if they didn't do their due diligence.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, david_neitz_is_my_dad said:

I hope we pushed Adelaide for 10, 14 and McAdams or 10 and McAdams. Because Petty very well may just sign there next year.

I hope not. He has 2 years left on his contract, so that would be a breach by both him and the Crows..

• Thanks 1