Jump to content

Posting Unsubstantiated Rumours on this Website is Strictly Forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

    Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

    We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

    However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

    The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

    Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

    We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

    WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

    Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.


Kozzy Pickett Re-Signs for 4 Years



Recommended Posts

I reckon he loves the Dees and knows its the place to be for the next 3-5 years and is only using the Powa as contract leverage.

Dogga just took the ridiculous money on offer and jumped at the offer without even considering the playing side of things.

Got his Premiership medal 🏅 and thought I'll take the cash 💸 and sail into the Fremantle sunset.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This thread will become another self-fulfilling prophecy just like the Jackson one. 
If I was admin, I would put it in the [censored] bin right now. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/2/2023 at 10:36 AM, Lord Travis said:

Can’t afford to lose Kozzie. He’s already a match winner and one of the best small forwards in the league. He’d be a far worse loss to us than Jackson.

IF he does want out back to SA, Port have nothing to give us, so we’d have to deal with Adelaide and the only way we would begrudgingly do a deal is if Rachele is part of the deal.

Cant afford to lose him though. He’s a star in a required position for us. It took us years to find a good small forward and we have no small forwards on the list anywhere near Kozzies capability in terms of scoring power (40+ goals a year) and quick defensive pressure. 

Lock him into a long deal please. 8 years will suffice!

He really is a priority retention for the Dees; lock him in - we, the fans, insist. Already one of our favourite footballers. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, YesitwasaWin4theAges said:

I reckon he loves the Dees and knows its the place to be for the next 3-5 years and is only using the Powa as contract leverage.

Dogga just took the ridiculous money on offer and jumped at the offer without even considering the playing side of things.

Got his Premiership medal 🏅 and thought I'll take the cash 💸 and sail into the Fremantle sunset.

Something rings very true in this idea - I would not be surprised if Dogga did not perform as well in the future as expected.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, McQueen said:

This thread will become another self-fulfilling prophecy just like the Jackson one. 
If I was admin, I would put it in the [censored] bin right now. 

glad you arent admin then lol. no point having positive vibes every post, this will throw up conjecture, but keeps members coming back to read it :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The curious case of Kysaiah Pickett: Despite action Jackson's sudden departure for WA, we have the late re-signing of Angus Brayshaw to the mighty red and blue as a positive precedent for the club. So there is no inevitability in Pickett bolting just because he hasn't yet extended his contract. But if we can't hang on to him it will leave  a bitter taste, that's for sure. Maybe then we will finally 'get it'  that AFL players are just one big rolling scrum of mates who catch up for a chat at the final siren. Meanwhile we continue to fork out memberships persuaded that this is not the case.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Long time since I have posted, but given my love of all Kozzie does, and the fact my child adores him, I have a real interest in his staying at the club.

From what I know, PA believed they had Kozzie over the line last year, but they even admitted they weren’t sure how they would please us if we required a player in return for kozzie. They will still try though.

People need to remember that Kozzie is not from SA, and his family are mainly in WA, so the pull isn’t as big as people make out.

Demons are doing all they can to keep him, and he loves the club, so I feel we are in a strong position to keep him.

Having Burgoyne come and train is a way to help him stay as they are close.

On that, keep an eye out at the end of the year for another of his mates who I believe wants out and is keen to come to Melbourne.

(unsure if any of this has been posted, as I can’t be bothered reading all posts from the last year that I have missed!)

Edited by Yokozuna
Removed some info
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Yokozuna said:

Long time since I have posted, but given my love of all Kozzie does, and the fact my child adores him, I have a real interest in his staying at the club.

From what I know, PA believed they had Kozzie over the line last year, but they even admitted they weren’t sure how they would please us if we required a player in return for kozzie. They will still try though.

People need to remember that Kozzie is not from SA, and his family are mainly in WA, so the pull isn’t as big as people make out.

Demons are doing all they can to keep him, and he loves the club, so I feel we are in a strong position to keep him.

Having Burgoyne come and train is a way to help him stay as they are close.

On that, keep an eye out at the end of the year for another of his mates who I believe wants out and is keen to come to Melbourne.

(unsure if any of this has been posted, as I can’t be bothered reading all posts from the last year that I have missed!)

Liam Henry?

  • Thinking 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, Yokozuna said:

Long time since I have posted, but given my love of all Kozzie does, and the fact my child adores him, I have a real interest in his staying at the club.

From what I know, PA believed they had Kozzie over the line last year, but they even admitted they weren’t sure how they would please us if we required a player in return for kozzie. They will still try though.

People need to remember that Kozzie is not from SA, and his family are mainly in WA, so the pull isn’t as big as people make out.

Demons are doing all they can to keep him, and he loves the club, so I feel we are in a strong position to keep him.

Having Burgoyne come and train is a way to help him stay as they are close.

On that, keep an eye out at the end of the year for another of his mates who I believe wants out and is keen to come to Melbourne.

(unsure if any of this has been posted, as I can’t be bothered reading all posts from the last year that I have missed!)

Welcome back! Really enjoy your posts mate, hope you've been well and fingers crossed kozzie stays long term.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Yokozuna said:

Long time since I have posted, but given my love of all Kozzie does, and the fact my child adores him, I have a real interest in his staying at the club.

From what I know, PA believed they had Kozzie over the line last year, but they even admitted they weren’t sure how they would please us if we required a player in return for kozzie. They will still try though.

People need to remember that Kozzie is not from SA, and his family are mainly in WA, so the pull isn’t as big as people make out.

Demons are doing all they can to keep him, and he loves the club, so I feel we are in a strong position to keep him.

Having Burgoyne come and train is a way to help him stay as they are close.

On that, keep an eye out at the end of the year for another of his mates who I believe wants out and is keen to come to Melbourne.

(unsure if any of this has been posted, as I can’t be bothered reading all posts from the last year that I have missed!)

interesting, but i have heard it reported that the majority of his family is actually based in sa rather than country wa, which was the opposite of what i thought

his dad is actually in sydney?

which is it?

40+ goals per year small forwards who apply incredible defensive pressure are rare commodities and i'm hopeful he's going nowhere - hard to see how crom or the power could 'afford' to bring him in without giving up something significant the other way, particularly given that they've just brought rankine and francis in respectively this off-season

i'm hopeful, rather than expectant, that he'll be a long-term demon

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, whatwhat say what said:

interesting, but i have heard it reported that the majority of his family is actually based in sa rather than country wa, which was the opposite of what i thought

his dad is actually in sydney?

which is it?

40+ goals per year small forwards who apply incredible defensive pressure are rare commodities and i'm hopeful he's going nowhere - hard to see how crom or the power could 'afford' to bring him in without giving up something significant the other way, particularly given that they've just brought rankine and francis in respectively this off-season

i'm hopeful, rather than expectant, that he'll be a long-term demon

His Dad lives in SA. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not sure what the group he belongs to is called but I know a short while ago they had a lunch which Goodwin was at and they were highly critical of his coaching methods in re of a static forward structure and no Plan B.

Also said they are missing  Darren Burgess who went to SA last year and this goes a long way to explaining our second half fade-outs.

  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Yokozuna said:

Having Burgoyne come and train is a way to help him stay as they are close.

We have an SSP pick available for Burgoyne or Kye Turner who are training with us.

Assuming he's a sufficient SANFL/VFL standard player with potential upside, I'd happily pick Burgoyne up for some Casey depth if it helps Kozzie feel more comfortable and happy at the MFC.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Flag 2021 said:

Not sure what the group he belongs to is called but I know a short while ago they had a lunch which Goodwin was at and they were highly critical of his coaching methods in re of a static forward structure and no Plan B.

Also said they are missing  Darren Burgess who went to SA last year and this goes a long way to explaining our second half fade-outs.

Burgess was a massive loss and everyone here acknowledged it as being a potential major setback for the 2022 season. Blowing 6 games whereby the club had at least a 4 goal lead in all of them is not a stat that could possibly reflect well on Griffith's commencement at the club. Happy for someone to dispute this.

 

Edited by Bring-Back-Powell
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Flag 2021 said:

Not sure what the group he belongs to is called but I know a short while ago they had a lunch which Goodwin was at and they were highly critical of his coaching methods in re of a static forward structure and no Plan B.

Also said they are missing  Darren Burgess who went to SA last year and this goes a long way to explaining our second half fade-outs.

Well at least they told him to his face 

  • Thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


On 12/28/2022 at 12:56 PM, Deebauched said:

FR_AP.  jeezuz  thats a very long and depressing post. Not so sure about Coll and Rich having major drawing power......Grundy responds., "hold my beer!"

Geelong has it all of course. There will be another Geelong Grammar star lured back home to the cattery from Perth soon. Serong?  i think from memory.

If Pickett doesnt like living in the big smoke then go and live down at sleepy hollow. Not too far to drive 5 times a week or so.

IF Sydney continue to have a cost of lining salary cap bonus maybe Geelong should have a lower salary cap than the city clubs 🙄

3 hours ago, Flag 2021 said:

I have just heard very big wraps from a club insider on Oliver Sestan.

He'll complement Kozzie beautifully

He could, possibly if all goes well, complement Kozzie but there is a hell of a lot of water to pass under the bridge before that happens. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Do elaborate, please.

As I posted, I’m more than happy to hear reasons as to why Griffiths should not cop some criticism for our fade-outs.

I’ll possibly pose the point that rather that torching Griffiths, there should be all praise for how bloody next level Burgo is at his job. It can’t be understated how big a get he was for the club. 

That said it MUST be an issue corrected over the off season. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's too tough to get a read on Griffiths, half the team was playing injured/underdone when we started fading out, can't do much with elite fitness if your knees aren't functioning 

More a selection issue I think 

Edited by adonski
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Pates said:

I’ll possibly pose the point that rather that torching Griffiths, there should be all praise for how bloody next level Burgo is at his job. It can’t be understated how big a get he was for the club. 

That said it MUST be an issue corrected over the off season. 

Burgo’s system burnt the players out and no wonder he left after a couple of seasons. His method has a short use by date and he knows it. He’s another Ross Lyon who flogged the players to the limit for short term success. It was reported that Griffiths closely followed the Burgess system. The players were broken by mid season and it was inexcusable no one saw it coming. Barely any players rested for niggles and minor injuries all season. Only one debutant and bench players knocking on the door rarely used. Blame should be shared by the coaches as well for inflexibility and hubristic selections. They just thought “bang, bang bang” would happen on the flick of the switch till the very last.

Edited by John Crow Batty
  • Like 4
  • Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Do elaborate, please.

As I posted, I’m more than happy to hear reasons as to why Griffiths should not cop some criticism for our fade-outs.

Just trying to make  you happy 'Bring Back'...

2 hours ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Happy for someone to dispute this.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, John Crow Batty said:

Burgo’s system burnt the players out and no wonder he left after a couple of seasons. His method has a short use by date and he knows it. He’s another Ross Lyon who flogged the players to the limit for short term success. It was reported that Griffiths closely followed the Burgess system. The players were broken by mid season and it was inexcusable no one saw it coming. Barely any players rested for niggles and minor injuries all season. Only one debutant and bench players knocking on the door rarely used. Blame should be shared by the coaches as well for inflexibility and hubristic selections. 

This view won't be popular because of the flag, but I think there is a fair degree of accuracy in this. By all accounts a large degree of resilience was achieved by pushing through pain and minor injuries but it was always highly likely come back to bite us. Hopefully no long term affects for players going forward. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

    TRAINING: Tuesday 27th February 2024

    I headed down to Gosch’s Paddock this morning for the Captain’s Run in the lead up to tomorrow night’s practice match against the Blues.  The squad that took the field was indicative of the lineup for that match at Ikon Park.  Likely Selections based on the groupings of players at the Captain's Run today at Gosch's Paddock. Main Group: Gawn, Viney, May, JVR, Lever, Petracca, McVee, Windsor, Billings, Langdon, Bowey, Schache, Rivers, ANB, Fritsch, Sparrow, Chandler, Kozzy,

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports 4

    SCRUTINY & RESILIENCE by Whispering Jack

    If the week when preseason training melds into scratch matches with other clubs, is the first marker for the beginning of a new season, then this has certainly been a torrid opener for the Melbourne Football Club in its campaign to remain a leading AFL premiership contender in 2024. The Demons were already under enormous scrutiny from the media and football’s fan base (including their own) after consecutive straight-sets finals exits, with Clayton Oliver’s well documented woes, the Joel Smi

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 27

    Angus Brayshaw Forced into Retirement

    After 167 games including the drought breaking Premiership Angus Brayshaw has made the heart breaking decision to medically retire from football as a result of a series of serious head knocks over his nearly decade of footy. We wish Gus all the best and he'll always be a hero at Demonland. 😢

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 414

    PODCAST: Match SIM vs Richmond

    The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Tuesday, 20th February @ 8:30pm. Join George, Binman & I as we dissect the Scratch Match loss to the Tigers and hopefully provide me with some free MFCSS therapy. You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show. If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 43

    PREGAME: Practice Match vs Carlton

    The Dees will play their final practice match before the start of the 2024 seasons against the Blues at Ikon Park. What are you wanting to see in this final hit out before the season proper? Will Clarry & Salo return to the side? 2024 AAMI Community Series | Carlton v Melbourne Date: Wednesday 28 February Time: 6:40pm (AEDT) Location: IKON Park | Wurundjeri

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 182

    POSTGAME: Match SIM vs Richmond

    The Dees were outclassed and outmuscled in its first practice hit out for the 2024 season against the Tigers going down by 23 points at Casey Fields. 

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 287

    GAMEDAY: Match SIM vs Richmond

    It's Game Day and it's been 156 days since the Demons were bundled out of the finals in straight sets for the 2nd year in a row. Our redemption starts here. Remember it's only a practice match if we lose. Date: Sunday 18th Feb Location: Casey Fields Gate open: 9.30am Match commences: 10am Watch: Foxtel & Kayo Inclusions: Seven-quarter match simulation Signing opportunities Kids' activities Partner giveaways Demons Squad: 1. Steven May 2. Jacob Van Rooyen

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 402

    TRAINING: Saturday 17th February 2024

    On the eve of the Dees first practice match for the 2024 season a couple of Demonland Trackwatchers bring you their observations from today’s Captain’s Run at Gosch’s Paddock.  KEV MARTIN’S CAPTAIN’S RUN OBSERVATIONS Looks a a dress rehearsal Captain's run. 23 out doing drills.  Included is Will Verall, Kynan Brown, Bailey Laurie, Caleb Windsor, Blake Howes, Adam Tomlinson, Kade Chandler, Jack Billings and Josh Schache. Rehab include BBB, Tom Fullarton, TMac, AMW, Woey.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports

    PREGAME: Match SIM vs Richmond

    The Demons will take to the field in their first hit out for 2024 against another team when they take on the Tigers at Casey Fields in a Scratch Match consisting of 7 "quarters". Melbourne vs Richmond Date: Sunday 18th Feb Location: Casey Fields Gate open: 9.30am Match commences: 10am Watch: Foxtel & Kayo Inclusions: Seven-quarter match simulation Signing opportunities Kids' activities Partner giveaways What are your expectations? What do you want to see from

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 130
  • Tell a friend

    Love Demonland? Tell a friend!

×
×
  • Create New...