Kozzy Pickett Re-Signs for 4 Years

People are very fatalistic in this thread. Are we really this doubtful that  he’ll stay at the club. 
I’m not convinced he’s rushing out the door at the first opportunity 

Lighten up folks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Don't count out the impact of losing Jackson and Bedford in this. They were Kozzy's two best mates at the club easily I reckon. Not sure he has any other relationships as close as that on the list at the moment, bar Burgyone, who isn't even on the list yet. Feel if Jackson had've stayed it would've kept that 2019 draft class together for longer, who knows what'll happen to Riv at the end of the year either, out of contract as well

• Like 3

On 1/14/2023 at 12:35 AM, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Jackson was garbage against Freo last year averaging all of 1 mark in both games for someone that’s probably taller than 85-90% of the league.

If Kozzie has a stinker against Port in round 10, I’m panicking.

Kozzie had a pearler against Port in round 18 last year kicking 6.!!!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Thanks layzie agree 100%, Kozzie is a must keep. I think I will give this thread a miss now until Mr Pickett re-signs with the mighty Dees.!!!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mazer Rackham said:

The PAFC will end up permanently exhausted, with blindness and hairy palms?

And a few holes in their brains....how long until someone appears with the moniker 'OPUS DEE'?

• Haha 1

We've now hit the mainstream media

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/kysaiah-pickett-to-be-given-time-to-weigh-up-future-20230130-p5cglx.html

Melbourne are confident they have created the perfect environment to convince livewire forward Kysaiah Pickett to extend his time at the Demons beyond this season, but they will not be rushing him to decide on his future.

• Like 2

hmmmm......

Jackson and possibly Pickett leaving in the space of 3 seasons,

Two premiership players...strong list, apparently great environment...something ain't right, I hope Sir Hubris is as far away as possible from the joint...

I note Noah Anderson signed on at GC for another few years,

It's not that difficult is it?

5 hours ago, layzie said:

We should try and keep Kozzie Pickett if no-one has said that already. 

That’s a very good idea.

Pity no one else had thought of it, in the past 9 pages of the thread about keeping Kozzie.

18 minutes ago, The Stigga said:

hmmmm......

Jackson and possibly Pickett leaving in the space of 3 seasons,

Two premiership players...strong list, apparently great environment...something ain't right, I hope Sir Hubris is as far away as possible from the joint...

I note Noah Anderson signed on at GC for another few years,

It's not that difficult is it?

Really Stigga!

Your comment is incomplete and negative. 

This is the real situation.

2011 -2022  NUMEROUS players leave GC inc. our Great Full Back Maysie.

2011 -2016 MFC lose too many players

2017-2022MFC wins flag 2021 makes Finals 3 times in 5 years with lowest 5 th  Loses virtually only L. Jackson who as far back as 2020 when he signed only a ONE year extra as others numerous signed mega deals. 

GC 2022/2023 lose RANKIN and Anderson signed 4 yr deal!

MFC 2022 Gain Grundy and Hunter snd Schache to replenish list. 

MFC  2023 haven't lost Kossie YET.

And you think there is something wrong in a curious comment. Facts please why are we losing any one ? 

12 minutes ago, 58er said:

Really Stigga!

Your comment is incomplete and negative. 

This is the real situation.

2011 -2022  NUMEROUS players leave GC inc. our Great Full Back Maysie.

2011 -2016 MFC lose too many players

2017-2022MFC wins flag 2021 makes Finals 3 times in 5 years with lowest 5 th  Loses virtually only L. Jackson who as far back as 2020 when he signed only a ONE year extra as others numerous signed mega deals. 

GC 2022/2023 lose RANKIN and Anderson signed 4 yr deal!

MFC 2022 Gain Grundy and Hunter snd Schache to replenish list. 

MFC  2023 haven't lost Kossie YET.

And you think there is something wrong in a curious comment. Facts please why are we losing any one ? 

Hi 58er,

Didn't mean to come across as negative,

I suppose another year of speculation sounds exhausting,

In relation to your response, GC from 2011 to very recently were rot,

As were we from 2011-16,

So yes retention was difficult,

And you're right,Jackson, has been the only player of note in the past few years to leave, probably because we haven't been rot,

Hence why arguably at the peak of our powers, it would be strange for 2 premiership players to leave, when money is a non-issue.

I'm presenting a hypothetical based on Pickett leaving (whether he is intending to I have no idea)

However last year's French Farce (LJ apparently taking up until the last hour to make up his mind) still lingers.

If Pickett has already made his mind up to leave, I'd rather play Chandler instead (or Laurie).

Edited by The Stigga

17 hours ago, Lewis said:

Don't count out the impact of losing Jackson and Bedford in this. They were Kozzy's two best mates at the club easily I reckon. Not sure he has any other relationships as close as that on the list at the moment, bar Burgyone, who isn't even on the list yet. Feel if Jackson had've stayed it would've kept that 2019 draft class together for longer, who knows what'll happen to Riv at the end of the year either, out of contract as well

So who are his mates in Adelaide he's rushing off to play with then ?

1 hour ago, Diamond_Jim said:

We've now hit the mainstream media

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/kysaiah-pickett-to-be-given-time-to-weigh-up-future-20230130-p5cglx.html

Melbourne are confident they have created the perfect environment to convince livewire forward Kysaiah Pickett to extend his time at the Demons beyond this season, but they will not be rushing him to decide on his future.

This sounds too much like the Jackson situation all over again. 
Losing Kosi will be a really bitter pill to swallow. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

what i liked about our 2018 drafting is we chose players with X factor, a real point of difference. The type you need to win premierships. i.e Jackson and Kozzie.

We just cant afford to lose both. It's so hard though when teams are throwing ridicuolous amounts money at them. 

and iff there is one team in the AFL that is obsessed with 'flashy' players its Port. 

Edited by Bay Riffin
  • Like 1