• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Kozzy Pickett Re-Signs for 4 Years

17 minutes ago, IWAP said:

“He’s a terrific young player,” Goodwin said. “We’re really confident with where that [negotiation] sits with him, and I’m sure something will be done in the not too distant future.” - Simon Goodwin on Luke Jackson May 2022

Yep - I remember that statement. It is extremely dangerous to be making statements like these unless it's all but done. 

We shall see if boot in mouth is catching.  

• Like 1

On 2/11/2023 at 6:42 AM, Dr. Gonzo said:

WC will rebound this year, no way they are as bad as last year with all the injuries they had. They could barely field a team half the time.

They are fitter and will start the season well, however they lack depth in the midfield and whilst they have some good kids coming through they will tire IMO along with the older players like Yeo, Shuey, McGovern and Darling who struggle to get through seasons without wear and tear injury 

• Like 1

There is not a player in any AFL Team that has the peripheral vision and  consequent evasive qualities of this player playing today.

To me that puts him in the irreplaceable category in that , and several other positions on the ground.

We have TWO of everyone else, nearly.....

There is only one of him, when he is on song, playing well, my OP is our whole structure revolves around him, but shushhhh. This is a secret. 

Required player, absolutely necessary, and we would be a laughing stock if we lost him unnecessarily. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, IWAP said:

“He’s a terrific young player,” Goodwin said. “We’re really confident with where that [negotiation] sits with him, and I’m sure something will be done in the not too distant future.” - Simon Goodwin on Luke Jackson May 2022

And I thought I was a pessimist....

• Haha 1

PLEASE STAY by Paddy Gosch

Kozzy Pickett is one of the most promising young players in the league, and there has been much speculation about whether he will stay with the Melbourne Demons, or move interstate to another club.

Last year the Demons went through this “Will he, Won’t he” situation with another one of their young guns in Luke Jackson. Subsequently Jackson shunned the Melbourne Football Club's offer and defected back to his home state. Whilst ultimately unhappy with his decision Dee’s fans will remain forever thankful for Jackson’s contribution in the third quarter of the 2021 Grand Final which helped secure the Demon’s their first Premiership in 57 years.

Dees fans are once again faced with the prospect of another one of their young guns being lured away from the club. At the time of writing, it is not yet clear what Pickett's decision will be. However, there are a number of factors that could influence his choice.

One of the main factors is the success of the Melbourne Football Club. In 2021, the Demons broke their premiership drought, and Pickett was instrumental in the team's finals campaign kicking 2 goals in the Qualifying victory against the Lions and 3 goals in the Preliminary Final against the Cats

Despite the Demon's straight sets exit during the 2022 finals series they still finished the season in 2nd place after winning the first 10 games of the season. They are widely regarded as having one of the most talented lists in the league and are tipped by most pundits to finish in the Top 4 once again in 2023.

Given Pickett's role in the team's success, it is likely that the Demons will do everything they can to keep him. However, there may be factors outside the club's control that could influence Pickett's decision.

One such factor could be the lure of returning West to either his home state of WA or to South Australia where he played a lot of his junior footy. Pickett was born in WA but grew up in the Indigenous community of Ceduna in South Australia and played junior football for West Adelaide. If he were to move to Perth or Adelaide, he would be closer to his family and friends.

Another factor that could influence Pickett's decision is the financial aspect of the deal. The Demons have a plethora of star players that they have had to lock away on long term deals and whilst Kozzy is an integral part of any future playing list the clubs out west may be able to offer him a more lucrative contract than the Demons, which could be a tempting proposition for any young player.

In terms of what the Demons could expect in return, it is difficult to say. If Pickett were to move to say Port Adelaide, who by all reports are his main suitor, the Demons could potentially receive a trade or draft pick in exchange. The prospect of Port being able to offer adequate compensation is even more grim as they’ve already traded away their future first draft pick for 2023 as part of the Horne-Francis deal. Given Pickett's value to the Demons, it is likely that they would seek a trade that would be beneficial to both parties if he chose to leave.

If Pickett were to leave the Demons, the club would undoubtedly miss his contributions. He is a dynamic and explosive player who has the ability to turn a game on its head. His speed, agility, and goal sense make him a valuable asset to any team. Demon fans are salivating at the prospect of Kozzy playing more midfield minutes in season 2023 and depending on the success of this change it could potentially increase his already high value to the Dees and any other prospective suitors. 

As for how Demons fans would feel if Pickett were to leave, there is no doubt that there would be a sense of disappointment & devastation. Kozzy has quickly become a fan favourite due to his electrifying style of play and his role in the team's premiership season. On the heals of Jackson's decision to leave the club that took a punt on drafting him, losing Kozzy would feel like a double blow. In time, fans would understand that players sometimes need to make decisions that are best for their careers and personal lives. However that does not make up for the sting of a star player leaving.

As a Dees fan, I cannot begin to express the immense joy and pride I feel watching him play. His speed, agility, and skill on the field have been nothing short of phenomenal, and he has quickly become one of our most exciting players to watch.

Hearing whispers that he may be considering leaving the Demons for another team, I feel like I have to make this passionate plea for him to stay on behalf of all Demon fans.

Kozzy, you are more than just a player to us. Your presence on the field brings us joy. You have become a role model to young fans, showing them that hard work, dedication, and a positive attitude can help you achieve great successes.

But more than anything, Kozzy, you have become an integral part of the Melbourne Demons family and a cherished member of our community. We have watched you grow and develop as a player, and we have celebrated your triumphs and supported you through your challenges.

As a Demons fan, I can say with certainty that we want nothing more than to see you continue to grow and develop with our team. We want to see you raise the premiership cup again, hear you sing the team song, and watch you celebrate with your teammates and fans.

So I am begging you, Kozzy, please stay with us. Stay with the team that has nurtured and supported you, the team that has become your home. Stay with the fans who have cheered you on through thick and thin, and who will continue to do so for many years to come.

We need you, Kozzy. The Melbourne Football Club needs you. Please don't leave us. Please stay ...

• Like 4
  • Love 3
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

if you don't sign, kozzie. i'll be really mad

portrait of the sun — The Aunty Jack Show - Farewell Aunty Jack

Somewhat detrimental to his trade value, Daise.

Though he'd still have 30 goals a season in him, and who needs arms when you can frighten the opposition into turnovers...

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Return to Glory said:

Yes, it may be me but this thread has all the hallmarks of a self-fulfilling prophecy. 

I'm with you Mr Partridge! 

Kane Cornes was belittled by a lot on here after being the first to suggest he is gettable before anyone else raised it. Gee I hope he's wrong but you'd expect his mail from Port would be strong.

Would hate to lose him, but if he helps us get a flag this year he can go with my blessings, we'd have to get a seriously good player in return.

• Like 1

On 2/20/2023 at 2:27 PM, Demonland said:

PLEASE STAY by Paddy Gosch

Kozzy Pickett is one of the most promising young players in the league, and there has been much speculation about whether he will stay with the Melbourne Demons, or move interstate to another club.

Last year the Demons went through this “Will he, Won’t he” situation with another one of their young guns in Luke Jackson. Subsequently Jackson shunned the Melbourne Football Club's offer and defected back to his home state. Whilst ultimately unhappy with his decision Dee’s fans will remain forever thankful for Jackson’s contribution in the third quarter of the 2021 Grand Final which helped secure the Demon’s their first Premiership in 57 years.

Dees fans are once again faced with the prospect of another one of their young guns being lured away from the club. At the time of writing, it is not yet clear what Pickett's decision will be. However, there are a number of factors that could influence his choice.

One of the main factors is the success of the Melbourne Football Club. In 2021, the Demons broke their premiership drought, and Pickett was instrumental in the team's finals campaign kicking 2 goals in the Qualifying victory against the Lions and 3 goals in the Preliminary Final against the Cats

Despite the Demon's straight sets exit during the 2022 finals series they still finished the season in 2nd place after winning the first 10 games of the season. They are widely regarded as having one of the most talented lists in the league and are tipped by most pundits to finish in the Top 4 once again in 2023.

Given Pickett's role in the team's success, it is likely that the Demons will do everything they can to keep him. However, there may be factors outside the club's control that could influence Pickett's decision.

One such factor could be the lure of returning West to either his home state of WA or to South Australia where he played a lot of his junior footy. Pickett was born in WA but grew up in the Indigenous community of Ceduna in South Australia and played junior football for West Adelaide. If he were to move to Perth or Adelaide, he would be closer to his family and friends.

Another factor that could influence Pickett's decision is the financial aspect of the deal. The Demons have a plethora of star players that they have had to lock away on long term deals and whilst Kozzy is an integral part of any future playing list the clubs out west may be able to offer him a more lucrative contract than the Demons, which could be a tempting proposition for any young player.

In terms of what the Demons could expect in return, it is difficult to say. If Pickett were to move to say Port Adelaide, who by all reports are his main suitor, the Demons could potentially receive a trade or draft pick in exchange. The prospect of Port being able to offer adequate compensation is even more grim as they’ve already traded away their future first draft pick for 2023 as part of the Horne-Francis deal. Given Pickett's value to the Demons, it is likely that they would seek a trade that would be beneficial to both parties if he chose to leave.

If Pickett were to leave the Demons, the club would undoubtedly miss his contributions. He is a dynamic and explosive player who has the ability to turn a game on its head. His speed, agility, and goal sense make him a valuable asset to any team. Demon fans are salivating at the prospect of Kozzy playing more midfield minutes in season 2023 and depending on the success of this change it could potentially increase his already high value to the Dees and any other prospective suitors. 

As for how Demons fans would feel if Pickett were to leave, there is no doubt that there would be a sense of disappointment & devastation. Kozzy has quickly become a fan favourite due to his electrifying style of play and his role in the team's premiership season. On the heals of Jackson's decision to leave the club that took a punt on drafting him, losing Kozzy would feel like a double blow. In time, fans would understand that players sometimes need to make decisions that are best for their careers and personal lives. However that does not make up for the sting of a star player leaving.

As a Dees fan, I cannot begin to express the immense joy and pride I feel watching him play. His speed, agility, and skill on the field have been nothing short of phenomenal, and he has quickly become one of our most exciting players to watch.

Hearing whispers that he may be considering leaving the Demons for another team, I feel like I have to make this passionate plea for him to stay on behalf of all Demon fans.

Kozzy, you are more than just a player to us. Your presence on the field brings us joy. You have become a role model to young fans, showing them that hard work, dedication, and a positive attitude can help you achieve great successes.

But more than anything, Kozzy, you have become an integral part of the Melbourne Demons family and a cherished member of our community. We have watched you grow and develop as a player, and we have celebrated your triumphs and supported you through your challenges.

As a Demons fan, I can say with certainty that we want nothing more than to see you continue to grow and develop with our team. We want to see you raise the premiership cup again, hear you sing the team song, and watch you celebrate with your teammates and fans.

So I am begging you, Kozzy, please stay with us. Stay with the team that has nurtured and supported you, the team that has become your home. Stay with the fans who have cheered you on through thick and thin, and who will continue to do so for many years to come.

We need you, Kozzy. The Melbourne Football Club needs you. Please don't leave us. Please stay ...

The last paragraph is just embarrasing

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

On 2/20/2023 at 8:53 PM, Hellaintabadplacetobe said:

Would hate to lose him, but if he helps us get a flag this year he can go with my blessings, we'd have to get a seriously good player in return.

In this respect, would we want and/or could we get Ollie Wines?  At his best I think it would be a reasonable trade for Kosie in the circumstances, but I didn't follow Ollie that closely last season to know how he's tracking.

Reunite Ollie with Jack and Vic - a bit if go home comming back our way?

• Facepalm 1

6 hours ago, Rodney (Balls) Grinter said:
6 hours ago, Rodney (Balls) Grinter said:

In this respect, would we want and/or could we get Ollie Wines?  At his best I think it would be a reasonable trade for Kosie in the circumstances, but I didn't follow Ollie that closely last season to know how he's tracking.

Reunite Ollie with Jack and Vic - a bit if go home comming back our way?

Reunite Ollie with Jack and Vic - a bit if go home comming back our way

Sorry 

That's not even a sensible suggestion.

Wines to me other than his Brownlow year does  not impact games enough and Viney is a better footballer than him. 

We would want Rosee or Butters plus a second  round pick to get any where near the value of Kossie. He has a decade or more of footy ahead and a like for like is essential in this case. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 58er said:

Sorry 

That's not even a sensible suggestion.

Wines to me other than his Brownlow year does  not impact games enough and Viney is a better footballer than him. 

We would want Rosee or Butters plus a second  round pick to get any where near the value of Kossie. He has a decade or more of footy ahead and a like for like is essential in this case. 

I don't disagree with your points and it wasn't an entirely sensible thought on my behalf either, but do you really think Port would give up quality young players like Rosee or Butters when they are in a rebuilding phase?  Exchanging a mature player of quality is something that would could suit both sides more in the short term, but I'm not sure I'd really want us to become too top heavy age/list profile wise either.

Asides from that my thoughts are that Wines is the type of player that we already have something of an abundance of.  I know Wines has professed his love of Adelaide, but family freinds I have in Echuca also do tell me of a desire to return to the Murray after his career is finished and perhaps with COVID etc, there may be a desire to bring that forward?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rodney (Balls) Grinter said:

..I know Wines has professed his love of Adelaide, but family freinds I have in Echuca also do tell me of a desire to return to the Murray after his career is finished and perhaps with COVID etc, there may be a desire to bring that forward?

According to Google maps, Adelaide to Murray Bridge is 56 minutes (74km)

So the reality is Melbourne is further away from the Murray 2hr 47 min (224km)

I'm pretty sure you mean Echuca.

if koz was to nominate a team in sa over a team in wa - and there's no guarantee of either - then we'd be well within our rights to request butters (from the pear) or two first rounders (2023 and 2024) from the crom, as they don't have the quality of players 'ready to go' that port do

it's all a moot point til he a) decided on his future and ii) announces his preferred destination, if he does want to leave

it would be particularly galling if he declared that richmond was his future destination

On 2/11/2023 at 9:42 AM, Dr. Gonzo said:

WC will rebound this year, no way they are as bad as last year with all the injuries they had. They could barely field a team half the time.

They might start strong but they have zero depth. They're in Hawthorn territory now of "Win a few big games here and there but be mostly mediocre".

• Like 2