• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

CHANGES: Rd 11 vs Fremantle

Demonland

On 5/21/2022 at 8:09 PM, Lord Nev said:

Guessing - But looked like he possibly sprained his ankle twice. Not 100% sure if the same leg, or even if he just twinged the  existing injury the  second time. Reckon he'll be right to go, played out the game.

Tom isn't great at playing injured. Better than Wattsy but not by much.

i can't remember who said Weid must be sleeping with my wife but a heads up  ...it's actually my ex and she told me that he's been depressed since Tom started kicking goals and holding marks  but that he was a little more chirpy on Saturday night.

Maybe he votes Labor ?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

When Brayshaw and Jordon both started on the wing they had some low possession games too.

I wasn’t at the game to see if Melk was positioning correctly but it didn’t appear like North were suddenly galavanting up his wing. But that defensive work is more important than disposals.

If Langdon’s out he probably did well enough to keep the spot if they don’t want to move Gus now.

If there’s other options for the wing and the competition for a half forward/on ball rotation is Melk v Dunstan v Bedford then I really can’t have a strong opinion either way on that.

Put it this way though - Let's say Langdon was out instead of Harmes before the game. Do you think Melksham would have been picked to play on the wing? I don't.

• Like 1

What happens when an aerobic beast like Langdon breaks his ribs? (Note: I'm not saying they are broken as we appear to be still waiting for confirmation). Does he get back to full fitness more quickly than most because of his base before the injury? Or does he lose that particular strength overnight because he can't do the exercise necessary to maintain his aerobic fitness? 

18 minutes ago, Lord Nev said:

Put it this way though - Let's say Langdon was out instead of Harmes before the game. Do you think Melksham would have been picked to play on the wing? I don't.

I think Harmes would've moved to full time wing and Melk would've been a really good chance to take Harmes' role. If both Harmes and Langdon were out pre-game....hmmm, tricky. I'm still not sure who'd they choose out of Melksham, Baker or moving Gus and bringing in a defender. 

Melk hasn't played a lot on the wing but Goodwin's track record is picking him and not picking Baker.

• Like 1

Not sure if anyone noticed but Melksham lost a one on one ground ball get on the Docklands wing in the third quarter and let his North opponent waltz out of traffic and kick inside 50. Very un Melbourne like circa 2021/2022.

Then 10 minutes later he nailed a beautiful and classy 52 metre goal when we were in a hint of trouble in the 3rd quarter.

Kind of sums Melksham up as a player. 

In - Viney (if it's actually hamstring awareness rather than a tear)

Out - Langdon

Bedford to be the sub on Saturday, though it would be nice for him to get a sustained run in the seniors.

I wouldn't bother with Baker. Not sure what value he'd add in a top 4 matchup.

• Like 1

Langdon missed round 12 last year and we beat Brisbane 14.13 to 11.9.  Because of covid it was played on the neutral Giants Stadium.

He was tagged out of the game last month vs the Hawks and we won.13.13 to 11.15.  It was at the MCG

With or without Langdon our system will prevail.  It doesn't mean we will win but if we don't it won't be because Langdon is missing.

And by the way, what an unbelievable effort to kick that very difficult goal after having his ribs smashed into.

Edited by Lucifers Hero
  • Like 10

Sounds like fyfe is a better than even chance of coming back this week so the middle is going to be a big factor in the game. We really missed Viney round the contest last week so hopefully he hasn’t done anything major but I suspect he will be out for one more. If Salem is fit I’d bring him straight back in and move Brayshaw into the middle and play Vineys role. If Langdon is unable to get up then the only outs I’d have are Melksham and Dunstan with Bedford staying in

1 minute ago, Garbo said:

Sounds like fyfe is a better than even chance of coming back this week so the middle is going to be a big factor in the game. We really missed Viney round the contest last week so hopefully he hasn’t done anything major but I suspect he will be out for one more. If Salem is fit I’d bring him straight back in and move Brayshaw into the middle and play Vineys role. If Langdon is unable to get up then the only outs I’d have are Melksham and Dunstan with Bedford staying in

Gus isn't going back into the middle.

19 minutes ago, Demon3 said:

Salem tells Fox he is still a couple weeks away. So i imagine we wont see him till after the bye. 

In this report on Salem training it mentioned that Ed Langdon had a light program after his crushing tackle against North. Surely he wouldn't be even there if he has broken ribs?

• Like 7

2 hours ago, IRW said:

Tom isn't great at playing injured. Better than Wattsy but not by much.

i can't remember who said Weid must be sleeping with my wife but a heads up  ...it's actually my ex and she told me that he's been depressed since Tom started kicking goals and holding marks  but that he was a little more chirpy on Saturday night.

Maybe he votes Labor ?

I'm not sure if this is a p155take, but it's sad if true. Even if T Mac's out injured, Weid is no certainty to replace him.

Langdon training, even moderately, is fantastic news. Hopefully he won’t be out for long. 

I never ever thought we would see Salem before the Bye. He will need at least one week at Casey to get some match fitness and we won’t risk him in the slightest. We can’t afford a re-injury or a soft tissue injury (which he has had history with) now. 

• Like 5

On 5/21/2022 at 7:43 PM, Nasher said:

Melk a lock for #200.

I hope so!!!

Gotta don my heavy-duty banner-building pants this week!!!
It’ll be a beauty!

❤️💙2️⃣0️⃣0️⃣❤️💙

• Like 5
  • Vomit 1

1 hour ago, Bobby McKenzie said:

In this report on Salem training it mentioned that Ed Langdon had a light program after his crushing tackle against North. Surely he wouldn't be even there if he has broken ribs?

Even bruising on the ribs can cause a lot of discomfort but great signs regardless 

• Like 3

On 5/21/2022 at 10:20 PM, Kick_It_To_Pickett said:

Where is Hibberd at? Is he done? 

30+ with recurring calf injuries?

Most likely

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

I hope so!!!

Gotta don my heavy-duty banner-building pants this week!!!
It’ll be a beauty!

❤️💙2️⃣0️⃣0️⃣❤️💙

Just curious @Ham, why the vomit (🤮 ) emoji for the above?

Is it my heavy-duty banner-building pants? Coz they’re not as bad as they sound. And I’ll happily sacrifice my usual hip sense of fashion for our beloved Dees.

Or is it Melks potentially playing this week? If so, do you really believe that warrants a vomit (🤮) emoji???!!

PS: in case you’ve forgotten, Melksy plays for the Demons. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Great news on Ed, I reckon he plays, tough bugger. Viney back also is important. Good to see Salem, Harmes and Hibberd all tracking to be available for Brisbane. With a little luck we may finally get our full best 22 on the park to play just in time for our biggest challenger! 
This week:

In: Viney Bedford

Out: Dunstan Melksham (one of these twowill play sub)

Viney is a no brainer, career best form and if he’s over the tightness/soreness in he comes. Bedford offered more than Melksham defensively this week (3 more tackles, 4 more pressure acts) while the rest of their games were pretty similar. Bedford just feels more dangerous to me so until Harmes comes back, Bedford should get the gig.

This game just got more important to me, not because we need it, we’ve earned our break and can afford to drop one, but I hope it’s not this one as if we win in three weeks time Freo could be playing off to stay in the 8! So much for these challengers. Let’s bury them!

3 hours ago, MrFreeze said:

Even bruising on the ribs can cause a lot of discomfort but great signs regardless 

This. We mostly refer to bruising as soft tissue damage, but bruising of bone, in this case ribs, is effectively damage to the bone surface. Can be pretty close to rib fracture pain but mostly recovers a lot more quickly. I’m tipping Lingers will be fit for the weekend now that he’s been cleared of lung damage. 

Edited by Webber
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

6 minutes ago, Webber said:

I’m tipping Lingers will be fit for the weekend

Great news, but pity we're not playing Sunday. That extra day would have come in handy.

Fingers crossed in any case.

• Like 2