POSTGAME: Rd 01 vs Western Bulldogs

Demonland

2 hours ago, Red But Mostly Blue said:

Considering our backline issues, patchy kicking and terrible umpiring, this is a really good win!

How good is winning in Round 1? 

Big year ahead!

Yes Yes and Yes, Cant wait for the season to unfold, Must find out when next training is at Casey Fields to give ya alll the PF Rundown!!🤩

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rodney (Balls) Grinter said:

I thought I saw Bowey limping off as he went towards the bench in the last quarter?

Did anyone else see that, know what's happened?

Really hope it was just all in my head. 

He went back with the flight and copped one in the ribs 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Nasher said:

Odd feeling. I know it sounds cocky but I didn’t feel stressed or tense at any stage in that game, even in the second. This team will get it done. I just know they will.

Nasher, I was sitting with my Daughter who is a rabid Dees Fan and has been since I first took her to a game when she was about 6! She is now a mature women who is very analytical with her appraisals and at times inspires me with her feel for the game and observations..

I actually haven't sat with her for a while but I can say....

She was NEVER WORRIED!! and so..I, like you were not in any way agitated. Nice Feeling eh?

Cheers PF

Edited by picket fence
  • Like 5
  • Love 3

Rent free Doggies, rent free.

It's now official, Bevo is the Rudy Giuliani of the AFL.

TMac was brilliant, Langdon ran all day and was damaging, Trac is next level.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

Things i loved about this Rnd 1, 2022 GF re-match...

👉🏼 Meeting Bro & Sis before the match around 4pm at the Mountain View for a few pints & a meal.  Sis barracks for the Blues but is now almost a convertee and very chuffed about what we have and are achieving

👉🏼  First time sitting in a pub pre match in 50 years knowing we are now premiers and effectively the team to beat.  Strange & surreal after so long...but loving it.

👉🏼  Kate & Perty wheeling out the cup

👉🏼  All the old boys carrying out the flag that had our names on it

👉🏼  the old boys in Hassa Man, Stan Alves, Greg Wells and Ron still with us and being able to experience this grand night together in the same stadium as part of the flag bearing crew

👉🏼  The Roar for Chunk when he was anounced as one of the flag bearers

👉🏼  The cheers for the Reverend when he came up on the big screen at one point

👉🏼  Bulk of the crowd going off in the 1st when we got on a bit of a roll.

👉🏼  Gawny chant when he unleashed his monster (AFL quote!). Just to clarify, Gawny's monster = a long bomb from 50

👉🏼  Coming from behind to win

👉🏼  The players and Goody approaching the Punt Rd end to show their appreciation and the crowd giving it back in spades

👉🏼  So many happy smiling Demons around, even during the match when things got a little tense

👉🏼 finally on the run home.... the old Demonette (i think) driving a rickety old 70s station wagon that had a pro "Give em Hell / Gawny / the flame " back window display and Demon motif/colours professionally done on both sets of doors.  Turned a few Richmond locals' heads as it was coming down Bridge Road.  Reckon the paint / graphics job would've cost considerably more than the value of the car!

Carn the Mighty Demons!

Edited by Demon Dynasty
  • Like 9
  • Love 13

5 minutes ago, Demon Dynasty said:

👉🏼 Meeting Bro & Sis before the match around 4pm at the Mountain View for a few pints & a meal.  Sis barracks for the Blues but is now almost a convertee and very chuffed about what we have and are achieving

👉🏼  First time sitting in a pub pre match in 50 years knowing we are now premiers and effectively the team to beat.  Strange & surreal after so long...but loving it.

👉🏼  the old boys in Hassa Man, Stan Alves, Greg Wells and Ron still with us and being able to experience this grand night together in the same stadium as part of the flag bearing crew

👉🏼  Gawny chant when he unleashed his monster (AFL quote!). Just to clarify, Gawny's monster = a long bomb from 50

👉🏼  The players and Goody approaching the Punt Rd end to show their appreciation and the crowd giving it back in spades

👉🏼  So many happy smiling Demons around, even during the match when things got a little tense

👉🏼 finally on the run home.... the old Demonette (i think) driving a rickety old 70s station wagon that had a pro "Give em Hell / Gawny / the flame " back window display and Demon motif/colours professionally done on both sets of doors.  Turned a few Richmond locals' heads as it was coming down Bridge Road.  Reckon the paint / graphics job would've cost considerably more than the value of the car!

Carn the Mighty Demons!

Absolutely MAGNIFICENT!!!!!!

9 minutes ago, Hatchman said:

a very large, lifelong weight, was taken off my shoulders last year

I’m very much the same Hatch. The weight of longing and desperation for a flag has been replaced by an immeasurable appreciation and sense of pride that has only grown since that fateful day six months ago.

• Like 2

Well, that was enjoyable. 

Just back from 10 days in the sun,playing a bit of golf and enjoying excellent food and drink. Got back last evening a bit weary, a bite to eat, a glass of wine, some reading and then a good sleep in my own bed.

one of the best things about living over here in Europe is that when the Permiers have a night game I can have a quiet breakfast and then settle down to watch the game. A delightful way to pass a morning. 

not as good as sitting in the G watching them.

We had the dogs covered the whole game. Petracca BOG then daylight to the next best. Our midfield did not need to get out of 2nd gear to win this one. It was an even performance from the mids with a lot of improvement to come as the season develops. 

Let’s talk about depth… defence missing Lever, Hibberd, Rivers and Petty with Salem going down mid 1st quarter. That is 5 of the 7 Premiership defenders. Slot in a few replacements…. Drop Tmac back for cover with May directing traffic and the players and the system held up against the doggies forwards. With the mids running both ways hard I was impressed with the defence.

very satisfying to beat them again….. with us scoring the first 4 of the match we had scored 21 of the last 22 goals in play against the dogs….. love that.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Sigil said:

BBB is in for a ripper season I think.

Doesn't get outmarked, brings the ball to ground at worst and makes a contest. Plus has a bit of a run at players to force them out wide before they kick.

Also knows how to do some nice taps if he can't mark it.

And kicks goals!

Weapon.

Added values to his game from the North Melb days and these appear across the board, characterised by good signs of forward and ground pressure; interestingly, our midfield 'feeders' are starting to better position the ball for BBB so that he runs into to flight and can use his extraordinary reach to mark - clear of the opponents. He was merely 'stiff' to miss a couple of goals last night, otherwise his tally might have been absolutely frightening for the Doggies' players. Our midfielders seem to have learned how to deliver without always bombing it onto the forward's head. Now, let's have an impressive JSmith up there, as well, just as soon as Salem can return to the backline and the entourage of other GF backs get onto the field.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Demon Dynasty said:

Carn the Mighty Demons!

The pre-game ceremony was the best, ever. To see such a handful of my lifelong footy heroes carrying the flag was almost a tearful observation. Barassi, Stan Alves, Hassa, Greg Wells ... plus the notables of the more modern era ... just knew the game to follow was already won.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, John Crow Batty said:

Clearly Bulldogs rattled by us. Whining about the silly song and now Bevo going psycho chicken on a reporter who barracks for us. He should concentrate on whoever is leaking info rather than vituperating on the messenger. 

All signs of an eroding footy club, into a descent of misery.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bing181 said:

The self-belief in the team is palpable. Remarkable to see, mentally they're just so strong (collectively).

Just a supreme inner belief and self confidence in themselves and one another.

Less kicks.

Less hbs.

Less clearances.

Much less frees.

Backline missing.

Still got the chocolates.

Trac and Oliver again sublime.

Bbb the gift that keeps giving.

Langdon had the ball on a string at times.

Once again this team refuses to roll over.

Edited by leave it to deever
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Demon Dynasty said:

Carn the Mighty Demons!

You’re right, DD, so many awesome things about last night.
Personally, I (unexpectedly) was invited to sit up in the posh area (can’t remember what it’s called) and look down on the plebs with whom I usually sit. 😁 I had a beer (YOLO!), I got a selfie with Nick McCallum (next level fan-girling right there), I got a selfie with Perty and I could’ve got a selfie with Kate Roffey except she walks so fast that I would’ve had to run faster than Langers and even if I caught up with her, I would’ve had to crash tackle her before she got in the lift. And it’s not a good look to crash tackle the president of one’s footy club. Not in the posh section, anyways. 

Oh and the mighty Dees reigned supreme! ❤️💙

• Like 4
  • Love 4
  • Haha 4

Well, that was an experience, seeing the flag unfurled for the first time since 1965. Was great to see Barassi come out for it. 
It was a great game. Very similar to the grand final. It as hard watching Bulldogs dominate the 2nd quarter. Although we didn’t get much back, the fact that we’d stemmed their effort was encouraging. It was great to see Max’s great goal pull us further in front. 

Having said that, I’m never doing a Wednesday game again. Didn’t get back until almost 12. Feeling exhausted now at work. Might have to go home early. All the nieces/nephews are having the day off school.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

You’re right, DD, so many awesome things about last night.
Personally, I (unexpectedly) was invited to sit up in the posh area (can’t remember what it’s called) and look down on the plebs with whom I usually sit. 😁 I had a beer (YOLO!), I got a selfie with Nick McCallum (next level fan-girling right there), I got a selfie with Perty and I could’ve got a selfie with Kate Roffey except she walks so fast that I would’ve had to run faster than Langers and even if I caught up with her, I would’ve had to crash tackle her before she got in the lift. And it’s not a good look to crash tackle the president of one’s footy club. Not in the posh section, anyways. 

Oh and the mighty Dees reigned supreme! ❤️💙

Oh so you've moved on from us plebs now have you WCW ?

• Haha 2
  • Shocked 1

Just now, loges said:

Oh so you've moved on from us plebs now have you WCW ?

Only temporarily. 
Just like Cinderella, after midnight my grand horse-drawn carriage turned into the third carriage of the St Albans train. 😭

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

Huge love for the team discipline-no dissent 50m give away-allthough Max shaking his head was clearly a comment. I saw BBB run away quickly after his signature seagull flap of the arms too which was funny as he knew he was on the edge.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, He de mon said:

It's now official, Bevo is the Rudy Giuliani of the AFL.

Having him fart and have hair dye dripping down his face during his rant would have made it 15 times better.

He now needs to hold his next presser outside a land moving center in a seedy side of town to enhance this rep. 😄

Ben Brown looks on for a seriously good season. could have had 6-7 tonight if things fell his way. 

Not too worried about the 8 goal swing considering we were missing 5 of our best 7 defenders, and some interesting umpiring calls involved. 

Jack Viney looked the best he has in years, moving very freely. 

James Harmes i thought had a bit of a shocker first up and will need to bounce back or might be under some pressure to hold his spot

• Like 3