Jump to content
  • Podcast: Glen Bartlett Interview &      

Sign in to follow this  
samcantstandya

List changes who do we cut, trade or go after.

Recommended Posts

If we want 2b successful we have 2b smarter. Let's stop keeping list cloggers & recruit skilful players who can kick and are hungry. We have 2 stop being a superannuation club 4 players who aren't up to it because they r good leaders. U can recruit young players who have leadership qualities in the draft. Go for some players with x factor no more vanilla types please. So I'd delist trade etc JKH, the Wagners, Keilty r, ANB, AVB, T Smith r, Stretch ???, Walker.... I'd recruit Anderson if we are allowed 2 keep our pick, then hit draft hard for value picks like a Kemp (injured) and look at some cat B gems and indigenous talent and get back on the Irish train.  Hopefully we don't pay overs for a Langdon etc and I don't want Jenkins types. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, samcantstandya said:

If we want 2b successful we have 2b smarter. Let's stop keeping list cloggers & recruit skilful players who can kick and are hungry. We have 2 stop being a superannuation club 4 players who aren't up to it because they r good leaders. U can recruit young players who have leadership qualities in the draft. Go for some players with x factor no more vanilla types please. So I'd delist trade etc JKH, the Wagners, Keilty r, ANB, AVB, T Smith r, Stretch ???, Walker.... I'd recruit Anderson if we are allowed 2 keep our pick, then hit draft hard for value picks like a Kemp (injured) and look at some cat B gems and indigenous talent and get back on the Irish train.  Hopefully we don't pay overs for a Langdon etc and I don't want Jenkins types. 

Firstly we need to stop using numbers instead of letters to spell words and then can have an adult conversation. 

  • Like 21
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 3
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, chookrat said:

Firstly we need to stop using numbers instead of letters to spell words and then 

56 minutes ago, chookrat said:

Firstly we need to stop using numbers instead of letters to spell words and then can have an adult conversation. 

We can do whatever we like. Stop being a prat. It's accepted practise 2 take shortcuts when u post. U r very patronising. 

  • Love 1
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 Outs. 

Lewis Maynard Walker retired. Delist- Jkh Spargo TSmith Keilty Garlett Wagner-j Vandenburg(medical) 

10

ins 

Schoenmakers (free agent) Langdon (swap 1st round 2020 pick) Cutler ((swap 4th round pick) 

draft. #2 Noah Anderson (if pick #3, Lachlan  Ash) # 21 Elijah Taylor  #39 Miles Bergman #57 Brodie Newman 

rookies added - Lockhart Dunkley Wagner-c

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Retired/delisted - Lewis, Maynard, Walker, JKH, T Smith, Keilty & Garlett

Hopeful ins:

Pick # 2 or 3 - Anderson or Serong

Langdon - 2019 2nd round pick

Dan Butler - swap of late picks

Possible free agents - Newnes, S Hill, Tomlison, Schoenmakers, Westhoff

4th round pick - Tom Cutler

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would definitely be interested in Darcy Fogarty if the reports out of the Crows are true.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i like Rattens' style when he said that if he became coach, players that butchered the ball would be moved on or out. We should have the same mindset.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, chook fowler said:

i like Rattens' style when he said that if he became coach, players that butchered the ball would be moved on or out. We should have the same mindset.

FMD chook! If we followed that rule, we'd have about 3 players remaining!

  • Like 3
  • Haha 5
  • Shocked 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Retire: Maynard, Lewis

Delist: Stretch, JKH, Keilty, J.Wagner, T.Smith, Garlett

Re-contract: C.Wagner, Baker, KK, J.Smith, Frost, Dunkley, Lockhart, Jones

Trade targets: Langdon, Papley, Cutler, S.Hill, Butler, Elliott, Newnes

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, spirit of norm smith said:

10 Outs. 

Lewis Maynard Walker retired. Delist- Jkh Spargo TSmith Keilty Garlett Wagner-j Vandenburg(medical) 

10

ins 

Schoenmakers (free agent) Langdon (swap 1st round 2020 pick) Cutler ((swap 4th round pick) 

draft. #2 Noah Anderson (if pick #3, Lachlan  Ash) # 21 Elijah Taylor  #39 Miles Bergman #57 Brodie Newman 

rookies added - Lockhart Dunkley Wagner-c

 

Don't understand the interest in Schoenmakers at all, he'll be 29 by next season, has never managed to average more than 1 goal per game and hasn't played more than 11 games in the last 4 seasons. I also very much doubt that Freo would entertain a swap of first round picks next year (or are you talking about spending our 2020 1st on Langdon? Because we're likely to be able to get him for our second this year). 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jeff and Keilty gone. Really sad about Jeff. i was a big fan and he had more goal sense then most of players we have on our list. On his day he was pretty electric.

Thanks for your contribution Jeff. a Demon forever.

  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought JKH should've been part of the first round of de-listings, as the biggest out and out dud on our list.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trade or Delist: T Smith (too inconsistent with injuries), J wagner (list clogger - Hore in front of him), JKH (vfl standard at best), ANB (so innacurate at goal and goes at 65% efficiency...), Omac (basically a glorified witches hat + Petty much better and versatile)

Retired: Lewis, Maynard

Already Delisted: Kielty, Garlett

cant see why anyone would want to delist Vanders, is one of the few with some fight in him when up and fit and to no fault of his own was ruined by the 4-6 week Misson curse this year...

I reckon we’ll have about 8-10 spots on the list to fill during the offseason

Trade In (in order of priority):

Brad Hill, Ed Langdon, Sam Gray, Dan Butler, Karl Amon, Jack Newnes

Minimum should be Langdon, one of Gray or Butler and one of Amon or Newnes

Draft:

With those targets I reckon we’ll be able to pay mostly with 2nd - 3rd round picks from this and next years drafts and possibly use a 1st (depending on if we can broker a split of our pick 3)

Look for class ball users in any positions with athleticism and speed as well as small forwards with good finishing (i’m yet to get up to speed with the draftees this year apart from the top 5 or so).

Whilst its all well and good to speculate that bringing in certain players and delisting will fix all of our issues, the successful clubs of the last decade or so have built been built on winning attitudes and hard work. still a long way to go to get back on track...

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/27/2019 at 9:52 AM, TheoX said:

Thought JKH should've been part of the first round of de-listings, as the biggest out and out dud on our list.

Can't agree more, he's had his chances here. It's time to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/25/2019 at 11:06 PM, spirit of norm smith said:

10 Outs. 

Lewis Maynard Walker retired. Delist- Jkh Spargo TSmith Keilty Garlett Wagner-j Vandenburg(medical) 

10

ins 

Schoenmakers (free agent) Langdon (swap 1st round 2020 pick) Cutler ((swap 4th round pick) 

draft. #2 Noah Anderson (if pick #3, Lachlan  Ash) # 21 Elijah Taylor  #39 Miles Bergman #57 Brodie Newman 

rookies added - Lockhart Dunkley Wagner-c

 

We shouldn't add any rookies they haven't been good enough keep them as rookies.

O.Mac has to be delisted, list clogger and keep Vandenberg.

Edited by WERRIDEE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 8/26/2019 at 10:07 AM, Red and Blue realist said:

Don't understand the interest in Schoenmakers at all, he'll be 29 by next season, has never managed to average more than 1 goal per game and hasn't played more than 11 games in the last 4 seasons. I also very much doubt that Freo would entertain a swap of first round picks next year (or are you talking about spending our 2020 1st on Langdon? Because we're likely to be able to get him for our second this year). 

Ditto on that R&B.  Mere speculation i would think.  We couldn't be that dumb surely.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/26/2019 at 8:57 AM, Bitter but optimistic said:

FMD chook! If we followed that rule, we'd have about 3 players remaining!

I suspect our bar would be much lower than most uncle.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/27/2019 at 11:09 PM, AaronDaveyChipsAndGravey said:

Trade or Delist: T Smith (too inconsistent with injuries), J wagner (list clogger - Hore in front of him), JKH (vfl standard at best), ANB (so innacurate at goal and goes at 65% efficiency...), Omac (basically a glorified witches hat + Petty much better and versatile)

Retired: Lewis, Maynard

Already Delisted: Kielty, Garlett

cant see why anyone would want to delist Vanders, is one of the few with some fight in him when up and fit and to no fault of his own was ruined by the 4-6 week Misson curse this year...

I reckon we’ll have about 8-10 spots on the list to fill during the offseason

Trade In (in order of priority):

Brad Hill, Ed Langdon, Sam Gray, Dan Butler, Karl Amon, Jack Newnes

Minimum should be Langdon, one of Gray or Butler and one of Amon or Newnes

Draft:

With those targets I reckon we’ll be able to pay mostly with 2nd - 3rd round picks from this and next years drafts and possibly use a 1st (depending on if we can broker a split of our pick 3)

Look for class ball users in any positions with athleticism and speed as well as small forwards with good finishing (i’m yet to get up to speed with the draftees this year apart from the top 5 or so).

Whilst its all well and good to speculate that bringing in certain players and delisting will fix all of our issues, the successful clubs of the last decade or so have built been built on winning attitudes and hard work. still a long way to go to get back on track...

 

Can't argue with much of that AD.  Just need to add a genuine KF somehow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/27/2019 at 6:52 PM, TheoX said:

Thought JKH should've been part of the first round of de-listings, as the biggest out and out dud on our list.

Wrong !Spargo, Billy Stretch just as bad

Trade or delist. Spargo, Billy Stretch, JKH, ANB, T Smith, both Wagners.

AVB Gets one more year under the new fitness Guru and thats it

Chandler and Bedford Just by the skin of their teeth

Hopefully Dunkley comes on a Bit

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/26/2019 at 10:06 AM, chook fowler said:

so be it

You better be a bloody good kick chook

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Social Media

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles

    SOUTH OF THE BORDER by the Oracle

    Thankfully they moved this week’s game from Sydney where the sun shines and the virus breeds ever so slowly and almost nobody returns a positive test. The change of fixture comes at precisely the right time to allow everyone in town to head to the MCG on Sunday at around 3:30pm, not to catch up with what’s going on inside the ground but rather, to do what’s fashionable for woke folk in 2020 — pulling down statues. It’s time for Kevin Bartlett and Leigh Matthews to go but you can’t touch Norm Smi

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    LESSONS IN LOSING by George on the Outer

    Turn up for the game and look like you want to win it.  Melbourne lost this game to Geelong, a game after a couple of extended breaks, looking like they were at the end of a 22 game season. Right from the start there was a lack of intensity across the board, as the Demons played exactly the type of game that the ageing Geelong list wanted. Geelong repeatedly played possession footy, to avoid having to run those ageing legs, something that Melbourne failed to exploit.  To use the oft quot

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    QUARRANTINO by Whispering Jack

    At a little after 4.00pm last Saturday, the MCG ceased to be the centre of the AFL universe. That was when the AFL’s el supremo Gil McLaughlin announced that the Bombers’ Conor McKenna had returned a COVID-19 positive result and declared that the game set for the following day between Essendon and Melbourne was postponed.  What followed was truly the stuff of a pulp fiction novel. We witnessed a suitcase load of mental gymnastics and spin calculated to let McKenna (and the Essendon Football

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    WHADDA WE SING? by Whispering Jack

    When the Melbourne team sang “The Grand Old Flag” last Saturday at Marvel Stadium in the absence of skipper Max Gawn, Ed Langford and Adam Tomlinson who were first time winners at their new club and Jayden Hunt, the leading goal kicker of the day it was passed off as an honest mistake. Taken in isolation, it most probably was accidental but the problem is that little accidents have been happening far too often in the club’s recent history and, in this case, it was symptomatic not only of a day t

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    A POINT OF DIFFERENCE by George on the Outer

    It was Melbourne v Carlton at the comics stadium; a game between 16 and 17 in 2019. How could anyone pick a winner?  There had to be a point of difference, and so it would prove to be as the Demons literally fell over the line at the end, by a solitary point. In an almost complete replica of the Richmond v Collingwood game two nights previously, one of the sides (Melbourne in this case) rushed out to a five goal lead in the first quarter, while the Blues failed to bother the goal umpir

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    EXPOSED FORM by The Oracle

    Carlton fancies itself to beat Melbourne at Marvel Stadium on Saturday and, based on exposed form, why not? The Blues took it right up to the reigning premiers in their last up start and the Demons were simply horrible against the Eagles at Optus Stadium. That opening game of the season revived all of the nightmares of 2019 for a team that went inside the 50 metre arc 45 times, an advantage of 10 times over the home side and yet lost by almost five goals. Such statistics sum it up for a gam

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    SOCIAL DISTANCING by George on the Outer

    It was good to see the MFC players practicing the directives about social distancing at the game against West Coast.  Pity was that they continued to do so after the first bounce of the ball, as they allowed numerous WCE players run around un-hindered, with not a Melbourne player within 1.5 metres of them! They then found themselves looking at nearly a 5 goal deficit at the first break, which was to be essentially the final margin for the game. It is difficult to judge exactly what is going

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    BEST IN SHOW by Whispering Jack

    I am writing this knowing that the AFL has deemed that the opening round of competition will proceed but fully believing that it should not.  The world is going through cataclysmic change as a result of the overwhelming spread of the Covid-19 virus and I agree that a distraction like sport would be good for the public. However, while the physical threat to the population is bad enough, there are other  issues to be addressed including the mental health of the community and the effects on th

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    TASSIE DEVILS by Van Demon

    If you were looking for something new from the Demons that wasn’t there last year, you didn’t have to look further than the perfectly trimmed grass surface of UTAS Stadium last night as the team steamrolled the Hawks to record a comprehensive 32-point victory to complete their Marsh Community Series commitments for 2020. One new thing was the fact that for the second Marsh game in a row, the team finished full of running and they dominated the second half without the presence or the dominan

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    SOUTH OF THE BORDER by Paddy Gosch

    The Demons will go into their final Marsh Series match with a strong lineup against the Hawks in Tasmania. Both Max Gawn and Steven May, who were recovering from injuries in first Marsh Series match, have both been named. It is unclear whether Max will be on restricted minutes and will likely get breaks in the ruck with Sam Weideman and rookie Luke Jackson getting their turns in the middle. Angus Brayshaw will be getting his first taste of competitive football despite playing in last week’s

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    KANGAROO CAUGHT by Whispering Jack

    There was a fair amount of debate in our area as to whether the game warranted a full blown match report because it was felt that it was really an elevated version of a training session with match simulation but against a team in opposition colours. Although notionally the stronger side, North seemed to be using the occasion for the purpose of working on aspects of their game plan, one of the features of which seemed to be based on taking the longest possible route out of defence and good luck w

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    JUST AN ABERRATION by Whispering Jack

    Melbourne unveiled its top recruits with new fitness boss Darren Burgess and mid-sized bull Christian Petracca sharing top billing in the team’s Marsh Community Series opener in front of 3,095 football starved fans at Casey Fields and thousands of others watching on screens of various shapes and sizes.  What they saw was a different Melbourne to the one that failed to run out its JLT Series games last year and then crashed in a heap early in the season proper with performances lacking the z

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports 4

×
×
  • Create New...