JLT Round 2 vs. Carlton at Casey Fields

Wiseblood

1 hour ago, stevethemanjordan said:

Petracca could be scarily good this year.

One thing I hope he gets over the season is more confidence to have a shot from around the 50. His first thought seems to be to look for a target closer in. CP you are a massive and accurate [censored] for goal, have a ping.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Little Goffy said:

We've got some real selection headaches coming up, by the looks of it.

Heee he ha ha hoo ha ha he hee ha ha haaaa (head drops off)

Good times, good times.

:roos::pj:

You cant help but think that there will be some disappointed and frustrated footballers playing at Casey. 

3 minutes ago, hemingway said:

You cant help but think that there will be some disappointed and frustrated footballers playing at Casey. 

Many player managers will be earning their pay cheque come season's end too. 

You can put it in the bank that Richmond and North will be all over a player like ANB if he finds himself on the outer again this year.

Had a great day at Casey Fields, great weather , good footy from the Dee's and met a couple of ripping fellow Dee's supporters , great guys to chat footy with, namely 1 Demonland Poster named @Dante ??

If I knew how to tag him I would ??

Edited by Sleeve
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Sleeve said:

Had a great day at Casey Fields, great weather , good footy from the Dee's and met a couple of ripping fellow Dee's supporters , great guys to chat footy e

with, namely 1 Demonland Poster named Dante ??

If I knew how to tag him I would ??

Put an @ before his username.

Edited by Ethan Tremblay
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sylvia Saint said:

I'm a bit dumbfounded by the Melksham criticism too - he was equal leading possession getter and I don't recall any howlers with his disposal or decision making. He will play Round 1.

Had most Metres gained on the ground along with 10 score involvements! He`ll be playing Round 1 if he has another game like that against WC

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, chook fowler said:

My apologies to Vanders - I was going by the TV stats. My bad.

Chook, hats off to you for having the humility to acknowledge your oversight.  Not so commonplace around here!   I thought some of his early disposal by hand and foot left a fair bit to be desired (JKH made one look good) but I thought he did a bit of work off the ball throughout and got better as the game wore on.  Converting those two set shots won't do his chances any harm.  And he is a difficult match-up, particularly if Petracca is up forward too as they require a similar strength level if you're to be a chance of negating them.

Edited by Copuchas
typo
  • Like 3

Great weekend of sport, The Dees girls and guys and the Aussies in India??

Edited by DeeZee
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ProDee said:

Jetta is behind the 8 ball.

I don't need to be sold on his attributes, but my gut feel is that he's going to be in and out in 2017 due to his interrupted preseason. 

I think Goody likes Melksham and with Joel Smith able to take the likes of Stringer, Membrey, etc. I have a sense that Jetta is no lock.  Others will naturally be horified.

I fear he is no lock. No doubt Goodwin likes Melksham. I just don't know why. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Deestroy All said:

I fear he is no lock. No doubt Goodwin likes Melksham. I just don't know why. 

The way I heard Goodwin's post game presser Jetta was available, Kent and Tyson will be available for next JLT. Melksham was a bit scratchy first half but I would have put him in our best 5 second half.

• Like 1

Going to be hard to squeeze Melksham, Hibberd, Jetta, Hunt ,Vince and Lewis in that backline.

The Mac brothers and say Frost or Smith.

Vince and Lewis in the mid rotations still leaves four so one will have to miss out

• Like 1

Were there two teams out there? Listening to commentary only, it was like there was only one. Even Dwayne had to talk us up!

Had a check on bigfooty and Talking Carlton. Some oppo supporters are going to get a crash course in getting to know the MFC players this year. Who is this Petracca who has come out of nowhere? Did MFC find him in a cornflakes packet?

Some diehard MFCSS practitioners here on D-land are going to be severely disappointed with this season.

29 minutes ago, DeeZee said:

Going to be hard to squeeze Melksham, Hibberd, Jetta, Hunt ,Vince and Lewis in that backline.

The Mac brothers and say Frost or Smith.

Vince and Lewis in the mid rotations still leaves four so one will have to miss out

Can't see Jetta getting back in unfortunately 

Just finished watching the replay.  We played some seriously good footy, albeit against a poor Carlton outfit.  Blues fans would hope they won't be that bad this year, but they looked out of their depth all day and we did what a good side should - put them to the sword.

The one thing I took from this game is that the discussion over who plays over someone else is almost a moot point now.  We have depth all over the ground, so if someone like Jetta were to miss Round 1 for someone like Melksham then no one should be disappointed.  I'm not saying that will happen, but we have good players all over the ground now and we should have tremendous confidence in the side that is picked.  There will be plenty of unlucky players who miss out against the Saints.  It's exciting.

Our young players look fit, strong and ready to take the next step and they are well supported by the veterans of the side.  Melksham and Hibberd add further experience and some class to the side, while our game plan as a whole looks the goods.  In the past teams would cut us open on the rebound, but there were many times I noticed that the Blues would rebound to the wing or half forward and end up having nowhere to go as we had cut off all their avenues.  That, to me, is one of the big positives.

All in all we rolled an average side, but that average side were spanked by a very good side.  I can't wait to see this team continue to grow and improve.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Sylvia Saint said:

I'm a bit dumbfounded by the Melksham criticism too - he was equal leading possession getter and I don't recall any howlers with his disposal or decision making. He will play Round 1.

...probably just the Essendon hangover...once he plays a few games...