Jack Watts signs for three years (21/7/16)

dazzledavey36

4 hours ago, mattjm said:

yeah  wowee! watts is now a best 22 player in every team in the comp....

jack has had an ace 15 rounds  but lets not get over excited. 

To date he is still a number 1 draft pick failure. Best we all acknowledge this and move on

Rubbish

• Like 5

Move on to what? Watching the team we love with Jack Watts firmly entrenched in the best 22, regularly impacting games and in some cases having a big say on the outcome? It's hard not to talk about how much he's improved when he's improved so obviously. Yet you're the one dragging out his draft position. Looks like you're the one who needs to move on. Appreciate what you've got and enjoy the second half of the Jack Watts journey.

• Like 9

6 hours ago, mattjm said:

yeah  wowee! watts is now a best 22 player in every team in the comp....

jack has had an ace 15 rounds  but lets not get over excited. 

To date he is still a number 1 draft pick failure. Best we all acknowledge this and move on

He's still a failure because...?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mattjm said:

Where's the rule that says a number one draft pick has to turn out to be the best player in a side?

Does it follow that the number 2 draft pick then has to turn out to be the second best player?

Thought experiment. If you were parachuted in after years out of the country to coach a team you had never seen before, what would you want to know?

Who are the best players, maybe? What position does each player play best?

Would you demand to know what draft pick number each player was and build your team based on that? Not likely.

Only form and results count and right now Jack has got that. The draft pick way back in whenever it was is irrelevant now.

• Like 2

I think it might have been pd (in anorher guise) who said something along the lines that a critical measure of top 10 picks is the number of games they play for your club, with a clear correlation between where picked and likliehood of say getting to 100 games.

On tha measure watts will be a succesful pick as he is well on his way to playing 200 games for the mfc

• Like 1

On 7/13/2016 at 1:38 AM, Biffen said:

I have met a childhood friend of JWs who is still in close contact.

He is a genuinely nice bloke ,according to her and she was a lovely young woman.

She showed me a photo of Jack at a party covered in bubble wrap and soft foam from head to foot(from off season).

Either he is really afraid of getting hurt or he has a sense of humour.

I still wouldn't let my daughter date a footballer though Picket.

Merchant Banker Yes.Footballer no.

footballers earn the same

Bigtime standout season from Watts this year, I really hope it's a glimpse of things to come.

And I also hope it's not just an apparition on a coming-out-of-contract year which eventuates to relegating back to the Watts of old after the considerably improved contract is signed.

My memories of the final Davey contract are still somewhat fresh.

At last.  Absolutely rapt for him, us and the club.

A player who says he wants to be a one club player and shows it by signing up again.

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 2

Well done Wattsy!  

cant wait to see you put goals on a silver platter for Hoges (and the Weed) for the next 7 years 

by god we could do with good news this week too!

On ‎13‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 5:49 PM, Ted Fidge said:

?

Surely ... it's more like ... his gravitas (gravity) has produced the potential for high energy performance, but inertia, in the form of friction, held him back, but having overcome that, we are now seeing a change in momentum producing high wattage output ...

Or to put it more simply,

mtm3_integration_formula.png

Wrong: The physics go like this.

Force equals Mass times Acceleration,   or.....

F  +  M  *  A......

Which equates to :  Force =  Jack Watts (M)   times  Roos/McCarthy/Goodwin/Jackson (A)

All he needed was decent development and coaching - like all others young talent, and now he has it.

Go Jack.

Thrilled about this.  So nice to see someone who has been so maligned for so long stick it up his detractors, and do the #4 of the MFC proud!  And, I reckon his best is yet to come.  He's 25, in his prime, and ready to be a major part in our rise over the next few years!  This guy has both the talent and the character to become the super star we always wanted him to be, and we are now starting to see more and more glimpses with each passing week.

He deserves to be successful, and the member of a successful club.  Go Jack!

• Like 3

On 13/07/2016 at 6:01 PM, Stretch Johnson said:

I believed that Watts needed to play with greater intensity.  I was not wrong and neither were his numerous coaches who would have given him this same feedback.

Just as I believe that he has become a very valuable footballer now that he has he has improved that part of his game and I am still not wrong.  In fact his coaches ability to identify those areas of Jacks game that needed work would have come from astute observation and response.

Observing and responding is part of being a football lover Stalinyrconhome. It is a good thing.

I agree SJ.

No doubt  'the honest feedback'  the players are now giving themselves, is finally starting to have a positive effect on the players outputs.  An honest environment is a happy & very healthy environment.

A place where one can produce, & create.

And this news on re signing On, is very welcome, almost as welcome, as witnessing Jack finally coming of AFL 'vintage'.

Edited by DV8
  • Like 1