Petraccattack - back on the paddock

mrtwister

Just waiting for the small group of naysayers here to say "he looks slow" "looks fat" "has done nothing in his first season" "is injury prone" etc etc

Most will be over the moon that he us back running and having a kick.

Just waiting for the small group of naysayers here to say "he looks slow" "looks fat" "has done nothing in his first season" "is injury prone" etc etc

Most will be over the moon that he us back running and having a kick.

Its obviously started already..

hmmm, don't want to rain on any parade, and maybe I am displaying the wrong aspect ratio on that video, but the bloke in that looks too fat to be an AFL player.

I saw Truck at training before the C'wood game, and there's no doubt in my mind that he's carrying some extra kgs. I thought at the time that it was probably a combination of his body type and having been 'off legs' for an extended period. He seems like a terrific fella. Gave me a wink, a smile and the thumbs-up as I watched on in awe of what he might become when he becomes toned.

I was watching him run by as he was doing a few laps this morning.I actually thought he looks fit,I think people are mistaking muscle for fat.His legs,chest,shoulders and arms are huge and his waist doesn't show any signs of fat.I wasn't looking at his arse so I can't comment on that.

Why not?

• Like 1

?? Wasn't there a vid earlier on the year where he was doing inside drills and looked fit as? Doubt he has stacked on kegs since.

Yeah Trenners was shooting that film. He was really ripped in that video. For a bloke that's roughly 90kg+, he barely has a scrap of fat on him. Looks like his body takes to the high fat low carb diet.

Let's hope he has some serious talent because his body type is not modern AFL that is more about leaner endurance type physiques. Slamming Sammy, Kink, Conlan types worked in the crash and bash era of the 70's and 80's but not sure now.

His physique may work against him. Hopefully he has some explosive acceleration and knows where the ball is going and is there when it arrives.

Let's hope he has some serious talent because his body type is not modern AFL that is more about leaner endurance type physiques. Slamming Sammy, Kink, Conlan types worked in the crash and bash era of the 70's and 80's but not sure now.

His physique may work against him. Hopefully he has some explosive acceleration and knows where the ball is going and is there when it arrives.

^^^

Thanks mate. I needed a laugh.

• Like 9

Lol right.......
  • Like 1

He looks very hard to tackle.

^^^

Thanks mate. I needed a laugh.

Pro I am glad you got a laugh. But I think you missed my point. Petracca has not played a game yet, we all have our fingers crossed hoping he is a gun but comments about his massive build is no indicator of future success as we all know. I was trying to point out that a build like his which is almost identical to the likes of Kekovich of the 70's once gave one an advantage but not in the modern era of hard running, endurance midfielders who carry much less muscle these days. Anyway I am sure this will have you fits.

Pro I am glad you got a laugh. But I think you missed my point. Petracca has not played a game yet, we all have our fingers crossed hoping he is a gun but comments about his massive build is no indicator of future success as we all know. I was trying to point out that a build like his which is almost identical to the likes of Kekovich of the 70's once gave one an advantage but not in the modern era of hard running, endurance midfielders who carry much less muscle these days. Anyway I am sure this will have you fits.

you mean like swanny?

• Like 5

Petracca's build helps if he is resting forward - which a lot of mids do these days. Nat Fyfe, Dangerfield and Ablett jr are 3 athletic, big bodied midfielders who can rest forward and do serious damage on the scoreboard. All 3 could play as full time forwards. It's just another string to the bow. Not saying Petracca will be as good, but he has similar attributes.

• Like 1