Dion Prestia

12 hours ago, daisycutter said:

well according to john ralph in the hun today he said richmond were offering prestia HALF of what treloar was given by the filth

i don't believe it, but just passing it on

That is not what he said, he actually said Prestia will cost half what Treloar did, one 1st round pick for Prestia and two 1st round picks for Treloar.

10 minutes ago, Redleg said:

That is not what he said, he actually said Prestia will cost half what Treloar did, one 1st round pick for Prestia and two 1st round picks for Treloar.

Well, he's right on that score then. PD will have a field day with this. Another poster having trouble gleaning the true essence of a media report.

Just now, Demonland said:

Tigers must think they're in the premiership window with their new aquisition.

I just hope the doctor who detected Trenners' little foot problem is still on the job there.

I vomited in my mouth a little to see a guy with red and blue through his entire family in Tigers colors, at least he's being well paid i guess.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, The Reverend said:

I taught the boy a few years back and his decision-making skills back then were not great. He may be getting what he deserves. Karma?

He says the Tiger's list and Hardwick is what convinced him to join the Tiges. FMD :wacko:.

Looks like he hasn't made any in-roads in his decision-making skills then Rev!

6 minutes ago, Elwood 3184 said:

Good luck to him even though I can't figure out why a bucketful of extra $ was more important to him than playing for the football club he was weaned upon as a child and that his family loves. Makes no sense at all.

Maybe we didn't want him??? Can't say I'm bothered.

3 hours ago, SaberFang said:

He certainly has no regard for joining a team with sensible list management. But hey, he'll retire a rich man without any career success! -_-

• Like 2

Take a look at their list. It's horrific.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/players/senior-players

Stupid players trot out the same stuff every time they change clubs. Just once, say, "yeah, they offered a bucket load, and I couldn't say no"

May not see finals for the 5 year term of his contract.

• Like 2

I totally agree except for 1 thing when Lewis had his press conference the other day when he was asked about finals he said his not putting any expectations on this group not every player puts expectations on. I saw Prestia's Press conference yesterday I wasn't impressed. When he was asked about why he chose Richmond he firstly paused then he went on about it was playing group Cotchin,Martin,Miles ,the 2 Ellis's,Miles & players & either end he couldn't even name Riewoldt or Rance. Their midfield isn't that good we all now he went for the money he is getting $750k per year for 5 years. He even garunteed Richmond would play Finals next year.

This is what his manager said yesterday:  Pask said there was a lot of interest in Prestia, up to 12 months ago. " If anything, you can applaud Richmond," he said. "They targeted him ... they got him."

I suspect Richmond were the only ones still interested this year.  It would explains why Dion looked a little glum came up with lame comments as to why 'he chose' Richmond.

Edited by Lucifer's Hero

12 hours ago, faultydet said:

Take a look at their list. It's horrific.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/players/senior-players

Stupid players trot out the same stuff every time they change clubs. Just once, say, "yeah, they offered a bucket load, and I couldn't say no"

May not see finals for the 5 year term of his contract.

It really is poor isn't it!

Try doing a best 22 for that mob.  It's really hard work!

My attempt assuming Caddy comes in & Deledio goes out.

FB: Grimes, Rance, Houli

HB: Batchelor, Astbury, C. Ellis

C: Vlaustin, Cotchin, Edwards

HF: Menadue, Griffiths, Rioli

FF: Lennon, Riewoldt, Lloyd

FOLL: Nankervis, Martin, Prestia

INT: Caddy, B. Ellis, Grigg, McIntosh

Miles pushed out by Prestia, however there's still a lot of question marks in there.  Surely the likes of Jack Grimes, Michie, Tim Smith could walk into that 22,

Edited by AngryAtCasey

Prestia wanted a Hardwick guarantee that they wouldn't sack him before he arrived at the club.   

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/afl-trade-period-deadline-jaeger-omeara-bryce-gibbs-brett-deledio-updates/news-story/f68ba781067a283010ebe758ba6f4543

I guess Hardwick is the reason he's there, whats happen when Hardwick gets the boot this year when they crash and burn again.

7 minutes ago, Darkhorse72 said:

Prestia wanted a Hardwick guarantee that they wouldn't sack him before he arrived at the club.   

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/afl-trade-period-deadline-jaeger-omeara-bryce-gibbs-brett-deledio-updates/news-story/f68ba781067a283010ebe758ba6f4543

I guess Hardwick is the reason he's there, whats happen when Hardwick gets the boot this year when they crash and burn again.

If Hardwick is still there after round 14 next year then I'd be really surprised... but then again I should learn not to be surprised by anything Richmond does

• Like 1

If it's the rumoured 700k over the 3 years that they mentioned on SEN yesterday, they're taking a HUGE risk, particularly with the free agents on offer next year. Don't think for a second it had anything to do Richmond's list. By the sound of it, no one got within 300k of Richmond's offer.

• Like 1

On 9/1/2016 at 8:46 AM, DubDee said:

surely GC would have offered him $750G/5 yrs.  they would have been desperate for their VC to stay when everyone else is leaving...

baffling why he would chose Tiges.  apparently they have courted him for years

maybe he agreed to join them last year, without their actual signature and didnt want to back out

No chance. Richmond paid well above market value for him. GC along with every other team weren't prepared to go over 500k/3 years.

1 hour ago, AngryAtCasey said:

It really is poor isn't it!

Try doing a best 22 for that mob.  It's really hard work!

My attempt assuming Caddy comes in & Deledio goes out.

FB: Grimes, Rance, Houli

HB: Batchelor, Astbury, C. Ellis

C: Vlaustin, Cotchin, Edwards

HF: Menadue, Griffiths, Rioli

FF: Lennon, Riewoldt, Lloyd

FOLL: Nankervis, Martin, Prestia

INT: Caddy, B. Ellis, Grigg, McIntosh

Miles pushed out by Prestia, however there's still a lot of question marks in there.  Surely the likes of Jack Grimes, Michie, Tim Smith could walk into that 22,

God that is awful. Truly awful.

It's getting so bad it's like they need an intervention. Someone to shake them and tell them that it's over. Time to start again. Yes it will be painful but the more you delay the worse it's going to get when the bottom properly falls out.

Pick 6 on an injury riddled 25 year old who may not get to another 100 games. It's staggering.

• Like 1

If Prestia honestly believes he can go and get paid $700K per season and be a part of a successful club he is kidding himself.

Though I suspect he was really only worried about the money, which is why I'm glad we didn't go for him.

Richmond are a joke and I can't wait to beat them by 10 goals next year.

20 minutes ago, Ted Fidge said:

They seem pretty happy on BF are are busting a gut to get Caddy to put the icing on the cake.

The Tigs have Prestia and Caddy for esentially pick 6 and next year second rounder, they've actually done OK there. Not a huge win but don't think I'd see that as a loss for them either.

Look, there's a lot of C grade/cusp B graders in that best 22, many I can't see improving, but they actually have a half reasonable starting midfield. Cotchin, Martin and Prestia is not horrible. There's just no depth to the midfield.

When Riewoldt and Rance go though, they'll be in a world of pain.

Their decent players under 23 you could count on one or two fingers. Certainly no elite talent in that age bracket either.

2 hours ago, praha said:

I'd be utterly livid if I were a Richmond fan right now.

Prestia is a good pick up IMO.  averages 17 games over his first 6 seasons so hardly injury riddled.

just turned 24.  I would have liked us to get him

• 3 months later...

Just if anyone is interested (it's pre-season and anything football related is interesting to me). Here is an interview from Prestia on SEN.

Talks a little bit about his decision to go to Richmond (and just stopped short of saying our midfield has a lot more young talent than Richmond). Around the 2.40 mark.

https://audioboom.com/posts/5590118-dion-prestia-on-breakfast-with-garry-tim-and-hamish

• Like 1

It came down to money, it's as simple as that. We weren't prepared to offer him stupid dollars like Richmond were.

Richmond were desperately seeking a marketing coup after the Treloar embarrassment. Comparatively, we've been focused on sensible salary cap management for our brigade of youngsters.

• Like 6