THE ESSENDON 34: ON TRIAL

Demonland

I know you have your 'intuition' but OD there is simply no mechanism to afford them just 6 months...if anything their actions may lengthen any penalties..

There is always a mechanism if you want one bb

I just had a horrible thought, what if they start winning games or a flag with rejects like,

Ben Rutten

Jonathon Brown

Mitch Robinson

Luke Ball

Nick Maxwell

Brad Sewell

Dom Cassisi

Lenny Hayes

Ryan O'Keefe

Lewis Roberts-Thompson

Dean Cox

Daniel Giansircusa

I feel sick.

I just had a horrible thought, what if they start winning games or a flag with rejects like,

Ben Rutten

Jonathon Brown

Mitch Robinson

Luke Ball

Nick Maxwell

Brad Sewell

Dom Cassisi

Lenny Hayes

Ryan O'Keefe

Lewis Roberts-Thompson

Dean Cox

Daniel Giansircusa

I feel sick.

Robinson on Lions list and rest wouldn't bother.

Robinson on Lions list and rest wouldn't bother.

Not to mention that several of the other players listed are contracted to as coaches or other staff to AFL clubs, not a chance in hell that these players would come back, or be released by their club for a short term contract to help Essendon. Most on that list retired rather than being pushed...

I beg to differ, all penalties are determined and handed down by the AFL and not WADA

The local code judicial body, in this case the AFL Tribunal are charged with hearing drug taking cases and handing out penalties. If WADA, the global body responsible for drawing up the global anti drugs code, for which all major sporting bodies throughout the world, including the AFL, are signatories, have responsibility to oversee enforcement of those rules throughout the world and have the power to intervene in any country should the local sporting body's judicial tribunal in their view not sufficiently enforce the code. In these cases they can and do take the issues to the international Court of Arbitration in Sport (CAS) and appeal against the local decisions, and they usually win.

In my view this is likely to happen in the Essendon case because of the severe local interference in the process from both a sporting and political perspective. WADA will take it to CAS and win yet again because ASADA's (WADA's local offshoot) has overriding evidence about the justice of it cause.

• Like 2

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-premiership/sanfl-club-scared-of-losing-key-players-to-essendon-for-extended-period-of-the-premiership-season/story-e6frf3e3-1227222532451

Surely Georgiou wouldn't come over, you wouldn't leave us for a great job to then leave the great job to go to Messydon

wow....didnt see that coming !!! :)

Yes you did. (kind of)

They have flagged it before. They have always had a 'disaster' scenario planned. Maybe they haven't articulated it like that but it is the only practical possibility if they are to field a team.

I hope they get stuffed for salary cap breaches as well!

They will have the amount they have pay imports added jnr.

No idea what happens to suspended players though.

You would think they could not be paid while suspended but who knows.

Yes you did. (kind of)

They have flagged it before. They have always had a 'disaster' scenario planned. Maybe they haven't articulated it like that but it is the only practical possibility if they are to field a team.

you know I was being facetious dont you :)....really need a sarcasm button !! :)

Can anyone tell me why it is suggested the Essendon players could get 6 months backdated?

The cronulla players all got 12 months back dated. And the back dating was to the date the ASADA investigation concluded (in acknowledgement that ASADA delayed the process by not issuing infraction notices immediately, presumably because they were still investigating Essendon).

I can only assume that the equivalent punishment in this case would be 12 months, starting from the date of infraction notices.

Edit: typo and minor clarification

Edited by deanox
  • Like 1

Can anyone tell me why it is suggested the Essendon players could get 6 months backdated?

The cronulla players all got 12 months back dated. And the back dating was to the date the ASADA investigation concluded (in acknowledgement that ASADA delayed the process by not issuing infraction notices immediately, presumably because they were still investigating Essendon).

I can only affine that the equivalent would be 12 months, starting from the date of infraction notices.

nupp !!

the 6 months is the constant spin pedaled by the Windy Hill mob and their lackeys ...its crap !!

Theyll be dead lucky to get a year....and then I reckon WADA will appeal it..

What sort of time span and tactics and so on along with legal mumbo jumbo could we be looking at between any decision handed down by the AFL process and WADA CAS completion?

Any idea from anybody?

What sort of time span and tactics and so on along with legal mumbo jumbo could we be looking at between any decision handed down by the AFL process and WADA CAS completion?

Any idea from anybody?

Will be fascinating as u assume players will remain suspended whilst any appeal process is underway. In which case no value in players appealing and pressure on afl not to go too light

Six months back dated till when the notices were issued in October.

To me that sees them playing mid May at the latest.

They will miss 5 - 6 games.

One of which will be Anzac Day, I'm really not looking forward to seeing the cheats out there basking in the emotion of that day.

Spoke to a mate about this tonight and he says he heard asada told the players they would get a guarenteed free pass if they gave them something to implicate Hird or dank, obviously I don't know how true that is but it makes sense they'd be desperate to get the big fish in this whole mess.

Spoke to a mate about this tonight and he says he heard asada told the players they would get a guarenteed free pass if they gave them something to implicate Hird or dank, obviously I don't know how true that is but it makes sense they'd be desperate to get the big fish in this whole mess.

dare I suggest your mate is far from frequented with the norms of WADA