• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

THE ESSENDON 34: ON TRIAL

Demonland

Some quality posts on the Ess board over at BF:

"Pick four nutters to take advantage of the no send off in AFL. Roll one out for each of the first four games. Would love to hear the Carlton supporters lose their [censored] as Robbie Muir breaks 6 jaws in a game of footy . 16 men left for the last half and one third of their best 18 missing more than a month.
Ah, that's what I call bringing the game into disrepute."

and

"If found guilty, I am predicting 6 month bans backdated to September 6 which would see them miss no matches at all."

Okay, I'll just 100% guess that several players will be found guilty and suspended. Suspensions back dated to make it sound a bigger penalty, but they'll miss at least the first 4 matches of the season (maybe 6?) otherwise the suspensions would be a total joke. They'll also remind everyone that Essendon's being pulled out of last years finals was part of their punishment.

I base all this on absolutely nothing, no inside info whatsoever!

Just thinking aloud.

As well as the legal battle, pressure from the various factions for a solution they can reasonably move on from...

Flagrant enough, serious offenses can't go unpunished, but they don't want to destroy the EFC either.

Btw, about January 2013 my err very close relative, a doctor with AFL medical friends, told me this drug scandal would explode, dwarf the tanking issues (I couldn't post about it back then) and that Demetriou would try to be retired before it totally hit the fan.

All payments under the TPP.

Is that for certain? I hope so because when it starts to hit the hip pocket of these muppets they might get a bit wiser....Hopefully they all have to take pay cuts. Then we;ll see if goldenballs still has their full support....

Posted this on another thread but it applies here...

No other club would be given carte blanche to bring in players that are not AFL players. Where is the duty of care to our team?? What if one of the players picked from some district league decides to become a hero and king hit one of our players? What if a non-AFL player was to severely injure one of our players through negligence? Where would our justice be? Where would our compensation be if, say one of our key junior players (no names as I don't want to mozz them) suffers a debilitating injury because the scum have created this complete debacle and brought in a player that is sub-AFL standard and who's skill level and awareness is below AFL level??

It's going to be a minefield and the AFL better have good insurance policies.........

No other club would be given carte blanche to bring in players that are not AFL players. Where is the duty of care to our team?? What if one of the players picked from some district league decides to become a hero and king hit one of our players? What if a non-AFL player was to severely injure one of our players through negligence? Where would our justice be? Where would our compensation be if, say one of our key junior players (no names as I don't want to mozz them) suffers a debilitating injury because the scum have created this complete debacle and brought in a player that is sub-AFL standard and who's skill level and awareness is below AFL level??

It's going to be a minefield and the AFL better have good insurance policies.........

jnr, i understand carte blanche would not be eligible to play for essendrugs in the nab cup - no french overseas players allowed

• Like 2

A more likely scenario would be one of these ring-ins mocks one of our guys for a stuff-up who responds with a punch and gets suspended for x weeks. Of course our player should know better, but the provocation of being mocked by a ring-in may me more than being mocked by a real AFL player.

Id imagine any ring ins would be concentrating on making a good impression. Its their gain and Essendons loss remember.

This bunch of fools really ought to be cast to the four winds for all the hassle theyve caused.

Probably time for more evolution of the leagues members and get rid of this lot.

• Like 1

Id imagine any ring ins would be concentrating on making a good impression. Its their gain and Essendons loss remember.

This bunch of fools really ought to be cast to the four winds for all the hassle theyve caused.

Probably time for more evolution of the leagues members and get rid of this lot.

Will never Happen

From memory the only club with more supporters on a national basis is Collingwood.

There is less than no chance the AFL will fling the EFC.

Too much at stake re TV rights etc.

Can you imagine if they tried the court cases would go on for a decade at minimum.

Will never Happen

From memory the only club with more supporters on a national basis is Collingwood.

Can you imagine if they tried the court cases would go on for a decade at minimum.

Agree fully OD. Morality or even legality (at least as far as it can be tweaked) will not come into it. The AFL will always try to accommodate the power clubs. They will be dirty on Essendon simply because they have upset the gravy train not for any player welfare or moral reasons.

Will never Happen

a decade? marvellous, bring it on

• Like 1

So the AFL will support any Club who has/had an illegal drug program.

Message received!

• Like 1

If Essendon is not slaughtered for this it will be a green light for drugs, and every club will be obliged within a year or two to get a shonky pharmacist on board, just to compete. And then if being competitive costs you the occasional slap on the wrist, and a player or two misses 4-6, it will be just another dimension of the risks of playing AFL weighed against the reward. Soon enough, seen as nothing at all - like speeding. Petracca got unlucky, the medics try to minimise it, and we carry on. Drug cheating is about to either become no more than that, or there is going to be a very thick very black line put through those who have systematically cheated with drugs. Leave no one in the slightest doubt. The shady crime-fringe operators watching on with opportunity in their eyes need to be persuaded to shrug and give the idea up for good.

Ferocious punishment here is absolutely essential for sport to survive.

• Like 2

If Essendon is not slaughtered for this it will be a green light for drugs, and every club will be obliged within a year or two to get a shonky pharmacist on board, just to compete. And then if being competitive costs you the occasional slap on the wrist, and a player or two misses 4-6, it will be just another dimension of the risks of playing AFL weighed against the reward. Soon enough, seen as nothing at all - like speeding. Petracca got unlucky, the medics try to minimise it, and we carry on. Drug cheating is about to either become no more than that, or there is going to be a very thick very black line put through those who have systematically cheated with drugs. Leave no one in the slightest doubt. The shady crime-fringe operators watching on with opportunity in their eyes need to be persuaded to shrug and give the idea up for good.

Ferocious punishment here is absolutely essential for sport to survive.

Have you forgotten the $2million fine and exclusion from top draft picks for two years, then add the loss of most of the club's top tier management.

Your desire for revenge is clouding your mind I think robbie

They also have a duty to keep the game going. The AFL aren't the bad guys here

No but the bad guys are being handed a sweetheart deal . Quite underserving of such.

Keeping the game going is not the same thing as Keeping Essendon afloat

No but the bad guys are being handed a sweetheart deal . Quite underserving of such.

Keeping the game going is not the same thing as Keeping Essendon afloat

I suggest it is bb

• Like 1

Faceless millionaires will keep Essendrug afloat, the AFL are looking after their best interests- and in turn- the games best interests also. Don't get me wrong, I hate the drugs with every fibre of my being but unfortunately the game will suffer from 23 unscheduled byes next year. Essendrugs pain will be far reaching and they'll be feeling this for up to a decade, we still have our pound of flesh.

• Like 1

It's good to see the AFL putting their plan B out now. They have obvious concerns the players are going to be suspended from the season proper. Like it or not the AFL need to run an 18 team competition and this makes sense.

Anyone who thinks Essendon get any real benefit from a bunch of delisted AFL players only need look at the Neeld money ball plan to realise they will not win a game.

Now the next part of the plan I would like to see is how they deal with the draft, surely finishing on the bottom will not entitle Essendon to pick 1.

• Like 1