THE ESSENDON 34: ON TRIAL

Demonland

It's good to see the AFL putting their plan B out now. They have obvious concerns the players are going to be suspended from the season proper. Like it or not the AFL need to run an 18 team competition and this makes sense.

Anyone who thinks Essendon get any real benefit from a bunch of delisted AFL players only need look at the Neeld money ball plan to realise they will not win a game.

Now the next part of the plan I would like to see is how they deal with the draft, surely finishing on the bottom will not entitle Essendon to pick 1.

Oh, say that again please -- Essendon won't win a game? Somehow that will never get old ... :blink:

They also have a duty to keep the game going. The AFL aren't the bad guys here

They are according to my scum mate. Says that a deal was done with Joolya, Evans, Dimwit and that they have a draft copy. It was never signed because the NFL got wind of it and Joolya kyboshed it.

I understand the above robbie however the AFL will not see themselves as leading the world in drug elimination.

They will do their bit as they are compelled to under agreements.

However they will not destroy themselves to change the world.

The EFC have been penalised and the Players may be next.

IMO that will be it, the AFL will want the EFC back in a strong position in 2016.

The are a very big/ popular club that the AFL need.

i think your right

UCI and anyone who watched cycling new that there was some drug regime being undertaken but until Lance got too big and his sponsors were to pay $5Mil for his 5th tour win ^ $6m for 6 and $7m for the seventh all was relatively ok

The charges were from American bodies forced into the international arena. The tours had to be declared not won.

AFL have been trying to put this to bed since the first phone call from Demitriou which may or may not have happened

There has been support for delay through any channel including legal while they tried to sort the out what to do. Penalising Essndn was part of the delay seeing to be doing something. Knowing they were bound by Government agreements they tried to discredit the government agencies unfortunately those agencies are still linked to International bodies. Those international bodies have to now maintain their credibility.

this is about gaining an unfair advantage

this is about gambling

this about drugs in sport

As the greyhound racing industry is about to find out you can keep things internal while you are a small player. Once the players are enlarged and individuals become too greedy, the people who really control these things, the money people, become concerned

This is not going to end well

• Like 1

The New Bomber Mids seen here at a secret training session

23tl4k1.jpg

New Club Song:

Who do you think you are kidding, McDevitt ?

If you think we’re on the run...

We are the boys who will stop your little game!

We are the boys who will make you think again!

'Cause, who do you think you are kidding McDevitt ?

If you think old Essendon’s done?

bb If the bombers get a soft penalty I hope your wife has put away all sharp implements as you are going to be very angry.

I would hate to lose a loyal MFC member by you doing something rash in the heat of the moment.

Yes I know there will not be a soft penalty.

But if ........

Edited by old dee

OD..if Essendon get away with this Im pretty well done with footy

bb If the bombers get a soft penalty I hope your wife has put away all sharp implements as you are going to be very angry.

I would hate to lose a loyal MFC member by you doing something rash in the heat of the moment.

Yes I know there will not be a soft penalty.

But if ........

od, weren't you the guy who originally predicted that the players would get off?

Kia http://www.kia.com.au/about-kia/contact-kia

Fujitsu https://www.fujitsugeneral.com.au/help-centre/contactus

TrueValue Solar http://www.truevaluesolar.com.au/contact-us/ leave message

Adidas http://www.adidas-group.com/en/service/contact/

HostPlus [email protected]

Red Energy https://www.redenergy.com.au/contactus/webForm

If anyone is interested in maintaining the rage against Essendon, here is a list of their sponsors that I have sent a message of complaint to. Some are easy some a little more difficult, but I feel much better for having done it.

I didn't bother sending one to Toll.

Edit this is roughly what I sent..

.I am disappointed that your company supports the Essendon Football Club. I would hope the ethics of your company are not the same as the Essendon Football Club. I tell all my friends to boycott companies that support the Essendon Football Club.

Edited by ManDee
  • Like 4

Clearly the AFL does not want to remove Essendon from the comp. Will never happen. And doubtless given their supporter base, the AFL will want them to be a strong club, always in or near the finals.

It remains to be seen how much help the AFL will give Essendon to get back on their feet (assuming they get knocked off their feet shortly). If they are too helpful a lot of us will be outraged. I fear they will be too helpful since the whinging of other clubs is less important than the $'s to the AFL.

spot on sue never a truer word was written.

Surely these days it has to be a broken myki card ... :lol:

is there any other kind ?

• Like 1

I have been on the wet tram ticket for 18 months dc.

What is your pronouncement?

Does the wet tram ticket get you a seat on the reality bus? :blink: (And why are tickets for wet trams different than those for dry trams? :):))

FWIW I think the process of recruiting replacement players for the NAB matches may just be when some of these issues start becoming real for Essendon ...

I have been on the wet tram ticket for 18 months dc.

What is your pronouncement?

but define what a wet tram ticket is, od

i reckon the players will get 12 months back-dated, so they will miss a whole season (which is better than a lot of other less obvious offenders in the past)

Gil McLachlan ....."The reality is there is a possibility this plays out and Essendon fielding different players may apply to the home and away (season).

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-02-17/mclachlans-hope-for-dons

Edit:- Highlight ----

Read that line twice, that is a big statement!

Edited by ManDee
  • Like 1

i reckon the players will get 12 months back-dated, so they will miss a whole season (which is better than a lot of other less obvious offenders in the past)

Six months back dated till when the notices were issued in October.

To me that sees them playing mid May at the latest.

They will miss 5 - 6 games.

• Like 1

OD. If it was the MFC instead of Essendon in the drug-[censored], I wonder if you'd be talking about wet-tram tickets and 6 games?

More likely you'd say we are about to be run over by the R-bus.

(Trouble is, the way the AFL works, you might be right.)

Gil McLachlan ....."The reality is there is a possibility this plays out and Essendon fielding different players may apply to the home and away (season). :rolleyes:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-02-17/mclachlans-hope-for-dons

Edit:- Highlight ----

Read that line twice, that is a big statement!

wow....didnt see that coming !!! :)

• Like 1

I know you have your 'intuition' but OD there is simply no mechanism to afford them just 6 months...if anything their actions may lengthen any penalties..

this may end up close to the mark for initial hand out.. .....until WADA appeals ...that is :)

OD. If it was the MFC instead of Essendon in the drug-[censored], I wonder if you'd be talking about wet-tram tickets and 6 games?

More likely you'd say we are about to be run over by the R-bus.

(Trouble is, the way the AFL works, you might be right.)

It is not what I think they should get it is what they will get.

The penalties already handed out sue would have broken the MFC.

Sadly losing the MFC would mean some minor adjustments for the AFL.

Losing the EFC would a a big problem.

Sadly they are not going to be drummed out of the Comp.