• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Post Match Discussion - Round 11

Demonland

Did Grimes run with anyone?

His shadow by many accounts

If it's any consolation, our loss was only the second-most crushing loss by a Victorian team playing interstate who threw a game away by allowing its opposition to score the final four goals in the dying minutes today.

• Like 1

I wish we had of received a run of frees like Brisbane just had in the final quarter.

We would have pulled it off if we had of.

• Like 1

That makes more sense, given Jetta was in most people's votes. He's really developing into an integral part of our side now.

Did Grimes run with anyone?

Also went onto the Chad at times but he was lethargic, timid and second to the ball all day so it was hard to tell what he meant to be doing. When he did find himself in space, half the time he turned it over. He usually has one of those badly timed turnovers but today he had several.

Worth noting that Dunn also did a fantastic job on Schulz. He is going from strength to strength.

• Like 1

A lot are saying bring on the pies but what concerns me is the toll this will take on our players.

Does anyone else have this concern?

No

The game isnt until Monday and the Pies will lose Sidebottom and Maxwell

• Like 2

A lot are saying bring on the pies but what concerns me is the toll this will take on our players.

No

I should think theyd actually be rather buoyed by today ( and a good rest )

Christian Salem has an elite footy brain and the skills to match

What a gem

Has the balance, skills and class of great players.

Salem is still working into it, touch underdone and will get better.

I am one eyed Salem, I think he is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Just watched the highlights and oh my goodness does Salem have some class about him. Will be unlucky not to be considered for the rising star this week.

• Like 1

We don't know how lucky we were!! ( Alot of things went against Port today but luck didn't stlil quite go our way in the end.)

But lets not forget for those of us watching on Fox - we could have had Dwayne Russell commentating. Checking out the Brisbane- Carlton game I thought how it would have been with Dwayne Russell commentating, always stating the obvious and thinking that that is very exciting. I can imagine his

patronizing/sarcastic comments when Melb got 10 points up. But does he ever tell the listeners something they don't know or

just describe the game outside of telling us the scores and what it means to both clubs and yes, where both clubs are on the ladder

20 times a game. He doesn't realize that his commentary is all about him.

I thought as a team low on the ladder that the commentators were great today - Dermie and Shaw were always on about how fantastic Melboure were, brilliant in some cases.

We are really going somewhere with this team and there will be a massive crowd next week to see us v the Pies.

The game was lost with 6 minutes remaining.

We had the ball at half-back, 1 point down. We chip it around half-back, against the most dangerous team in the league.

It was bound to go downhill from there. We turned it over and they scored a goal. Game over.

Ultimately, that moment was representative of the final 10 minutes: Port took the game on, Melbourne didn't.

Yes Cudi my heart sank then and I just knew that was the wrong play we should have attacked long but hopefully they are learning what to do to win

It depends on what toll you are talking about. Physically or mentally?

My concern is the effort without the reward of winning. I'm well into my second bottle of red after a few beers so I hope I'm making some sense. I just hope we can manage to win a couple of games over the next few weeks for the sake of the effort put in by the players.

I really can't understand the negativity. We matched it with, and for long periods were better than, the best side in the competition. And don't tell me they're 'pretenders' - they've convincingly beaten Hawthorn, Fremantle and Geelong and they continually play fast, skilful, strong football. They're the real deal. Meanwhile we have spent the most part of the last 7 years in the bottom four (didn't we read that the win against Richmond took us out of the bottom four for only the second time in 2.5 years?).

We're still going to have poor games, but we look more and more likely to win a game or two you never would have thought we'd be winning this year.

i think the thing is we now WANT to win. and we could've, should've, would've won this game in other circumstances.

heaps to be excited about tho, for sure.

• Like 1

Christian Salem has an elite footy brain and the skills to match

What a gem

The passage where he and Toumpas worked together was top class.

I couldn't see the game but just watched a Salem highlights clip from the club website -- OMG what a find. Cool, calm, collected, skilled and smart.

The shepherd when Toump had the ball, then his second effort to take the mark was outstanding especially for one so young.

• Like 6

I am not happy with some of the negative comments about Max Gawn's game.However I will agree he didn't do anything fantastic today.But we were playing the top team so their backline is pretty good.But didn't he kick our first goal?This seems to be omitted in some people's criticisms.And I reckon he played a pretty respectful game last week against the Tiges .How about that ruck tap out to Bernie Vince - who kicked a goal! Max has lost a lot of game time over the years due to injuries - two knee recos mainly.And this year I think he injured his hammy which has kept him off the pre- season training track.Give Max time - and support - because I think he will be a Champion Player for us in the future.Go Max!

• Like 2

I couldn't see the game but just watched a Salem highlights clip from the club website -- OMG what a find. Cool, calm, collected, skilled and smart.

The shepherd when Toump had the ball, then his second effort to take the mark was outstanding especially for one so young.

Agee that with the ball Salem is very classy but the highlights didn't show at least 3 poor defensive efforts. PR will be all over this.

disregard maxwell out, bit of nothing really.
swan and ball are two big ins.
jamar and peders can smash grundy.
gawny might get another crack also.

keen as for next monday!