• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

GAMEDAY - Round 22

buck_nekkid

20 minutes ago, buck_nekkid said:

Gawd, 15 hrs until game time.

after the results on the weekend, we need:

• 4 premiership points
  • a clean bill of health

otherwise my week will be totally screwed.

dees by 14 points

• Nobody to whack anyone 
Edited by the rolling fog

Win, we play finals.

Lose, probably miss finals.

GWS will be breathing fire next week and we're consistently shithouse under any sort of pressure (as evidenced by the last decade of abject misery).

Our destiny is in the players' hands. No more excuses. Sick of the [censored] excuses. Every bloody year it's a fresh excuse for this bloody club! Go out there and win or remain perpetual losers, it's as simple as that.

They got their one 'freebie' bonus life against Sydney and they [censored] it up in true MFC style. Failure seems to be in the DNA of this club.

So it's time to put up or shut up, Melbourne Football Club. Supporters have had a [censored] gutfull over the last decade and you will have no one to blame except yourselves if this year ends with the 12th successive off-season of misery.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

Edited by SaberFang
  • Like 3

It’s simple.

We silence the crowd with a dominant first quarter.

The Eagles supporters will sway the umps if we don’t get a good start.

It’s imperative we score heavily in the first quarter. 

Silence the crowd, we win the game..

must kick straight.

• Like 5

Yet another chance for our blokes. 

Hopefully one day they’ll take one.

I hear the talk, but haven’t seen the walk yet.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, SaberFang said:

Win, we play finals.

Lose, probably miss finals.

GWS will be breathing fire next week and we're consistently shithouse under any sort of pressure (as evidenced by the last decade of abject misery).

Our destiny is in the players' hands. No more excuses. Sick of the [censored] excuses. Every bloody year it's a fresh excuse for this bloody club! Go out there and win, it's as simple as that.

They got their one 'freebie' bonus life against Sydney and they [censored] it up in true MFC style.

So it's time to put up or shut up, Melbourne Football Club. Supporters have had a [censored] gutfull over the last decade and you will have no one to blame except yourselves if this year ends with the 12th successive off-season of miserable failure.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

54th....

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, buck_nekkid said:

Gawd, 15 hrs until game time.

after the results on the weekend, we need:

• 4 premiership points
  • a clean bill of health

otherwise my week will be totally screwed.

dees by 14 points

And bullet point #3: I would also like a clean bill of health at approximately 6pm.

• Like 1

I gotta be honest, I just want a win. It could be the ugliest, worst game of footy and I will still be over the moon. 

Something ive only really considered recently is that last year we had some mongrel in us, we got suspensions but we had an edge and I feel this year we’ve gone back to the good boys of the comp. 

We need to niggle and get stuck into them, that vision of Buddy knocking Fritta to the ground and no one coming in to remonstrate was disgraceful and showed we’re lacking passion for each other. Be f***ing Demons!

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Pates said:

I gotta be honest, I just want a win. It could be the ugliest, worst game of footy and I will still be over the moon. 

Something ive only really considered recently is that last year we had some mongrel in us, we got suspensions but we had an edge and I feel this year we’ve gone back to the good boys of the comp. 

We need to niggle and get stuck into them, that vision of Buddy knocking Fritta to the ground and no one coming in to remonstrate was disgraceful and showed we’re lacking passion for each other. Be f***ing Demons!

Yep. It can be 46 to 45 for all I care. Get in their faces!

Harmes to stop Yeo.

Weed to play a defenders role on McGovern and stop him marking. Bring the ball to ground.

Dees win by 24+

• Like 1

Eagles by minimum 20 points, with the free kick count to them being higher than our inside 50's

Not putting myself through the mental anguish of watching the game.

• Haha 1

Sorry to be negative it’s 5 decades of pain but can see the usual script unfolding & a repeat of 2017... It started with the loss of lever, Viney & Hogan , Loss after the siren to the Cats, kicking 500 behinds against the Swans .....hope I’m proven wrong 

The back half of this season has been slow burn torture. We win today and we are a game and percentage clear of the teams out of the 8. We lose and it’s another week of waiting and hoping.

We are capable of beating both WCE and GWS - but I think that’s only contributing to my stress. It’s almost easier when you know there’s no hope (have I just revealed the core of MFCSS?).

We’ve moaned about being flat track bullies, but those mid season pummeling of crud sides is what’s keeping us alive at the moment. Our percentage is pretty much unassailable.

Come on Melbourne. Get it done. Please?

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Nasher said:

The back half of this season has been slow burn torture. We win today and we are a game and percentage clear of the teams out of the 8. We lose and it’s another week of waiting and hoping.

We are capable of beating both WCE and GWS - but I think that’s only contributing to my stress. It’s almost easier when you know there’s no hope (have I just revealed the core of MFCSS?).

We’ve moaned about being flat track bullies, but those mid season pummeling of crud sides is what’s keeping us alive at the moment. Our percentage is pretty much unassailable.

Come on Melbourne. Get it done. Please?

?

Well here we are once again folks, destiny in our hands, hostile territory, pressure turned up to a million. This could very well be the making of this team, or it could be just another moment when we fold like we have done so many times before.

If we’re looking for omens, wifey and I palmed off the little ones to my parents for the weekend and we went out to see the new mission impossible last night (ripping good fun by the way). On the way out I spied one of those skill testers. This was the skill tester of oversized variety with a mega claw and giant stuffed animals in it. Fancying myself as pretty skillfull, I dropped my $2 into the machine which bought just once chance! Sent the claw into action, positioned it over the toy I was after (yes I’m a fully grown man going after a giant stuffed toy like it was a powertool, what of it!), hit the button while the wife was trying to give directions (which I was successfully ignoring), and bam the claw wrapped its mechanical force around a giant Skye dog from Paw Patrol and dropped it neatly into the chute! It was clinical, it was a result against the odds, it was a rare display of high level skill from yours truely.

If we think of myself as the team today and my kids elation when they see their new toy as the members, then that is all the omens I need, to know that today we win, and win handsomely.

GO DEMONS, DAMN THOSE DRUG TAKING HEATHENS TO THE FIRES OF HELL AND RISE, RISE RISE TO MEET THE GLORY OF FINALS FOOTBALL THE TEAM OF THE RED AND THE BLUE!!!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 6