Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Jack Trengove, Jake Spencer, Mitch White and Liam Hulett de-listed

Wilson7

Big deal, none of the axed took the field in the cowardly surrenders against Collingwood and North,  same rubbish dealt up year after year.

• Like 1

Wish Trenners all the best and hope to see him return to SA and play for Sturt where it all began for him. If not for injuries he would have been a  great player, at least he leaves as a great clubman.

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, bluey said:

Big deal, none of the axed took the field in the cowardly surrenders against Collingwood and North,  same rubbish dealt up year after year.

I like to think this year's rubbish was quite different to the rubbish of previous years.

• Like 8

I posted elsewhere.

Thanks Liam, Mitch, Jake. Good luck wherever your path takes you.

Trenners, a very special thankyou for your dogged determination. Thankyou for the love of the jumper. Thankyou for showing others how to apply and reapply yourself.

I knew it would be a long bow getting back but you did. It hasn't panned out but not for any lack of effort.

To all  a thankyou.

Mr Trengove , you have my utmost respect. Good luck.

• Like 19
  • Love 1

23 minutes ago, Nasher said:

Thanks for the service boys and good luck. Especially Trengove - like most of the faithful I hoped for a fairytale ending to the foot saga, but it wasn't to be. 

Very sad to see Trenners go. He should be remembered as a terrific and loyal melbourne person. Accepted the big job with Grimsie when the the footie club was struggling. Poor form Neeld. But he has been a great support in the background building the stronger team culture. The others fffhew.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

I posted elsewhere.

Thanks Liam, Mitch, Jake. Good luck wherever your path takes you.

Trenners, a very special thankyou for your dogged determination. Thankyou for the love of the jumper. Thankyou for showing others how to apply and reapply yourself.

I knew it would be a long bow getting back but you did. It hasn't panned out but not for any lack of effort.

To all  a thankyou.

Mr Trengove , you have my utmost respect. Good luck.

Brilliant BB, beautifully stated.

• Like 1

Shattered for Trenners. Showed so much promise and potential in his first couple of years. He left no stone unturned to try and forge his career after being ruined first by He Who Must Not Be Named and then crippled by that debilitating foot injury.

from all accounts is a ripping bloke too. Best of luck to him, maybe his sister can get him a look in at athletics australia, could see him running marathons still.

Would be great if the club could offer him a life membership despit not reaching the hundred game milestone 

• Like 7

None of these departures  come as a surprise, but the Trengove departure evokes a horrible sadness in me. A very, very good young footballer drafted to a total mess of a club, handed the captaincy by a nightmare of a coach, then mongrelled by a smallish long term injury. Footy clubs need good quality people and he is a ripper. 

I know his best is now only state standard, so I hope he finds a good footy life in the SANFL or VFL or some premium city/country league. All the best to a true Melbourne person whose best footy made me a fan. Thanks for your service, Jack. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Good luck to all in the future.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Bimbo said:

If there was ever a bloke I wanted to play 100 games it was Jack Trengove.

That family has a serious breeding record.  

We could have done with 3 or 4 offspring running round as father/son/daughter

I don't know why Casey couldn't draft him as he is regularly one of the best each week at VFL level? If he could continue to play for the Casey Demons, off our list and salary cap, then hopefully he might participate in a Demon Premiership after all! 

Love to see him hold a Demon Premiership cup aloft and, at VFL level he is an out and out champ and no passenger! ?

• Like 5

Wish Trengove all the best top bloke with one heck of bad luck.

Hullet and White just could never cut it.

Spencer, this guy stayed on this way longer than most clubs would of kept him. 38 games in a decade really makes me wonder?? Then to cap it off when the club needs him to finally make his mark and his career on the line, he stupidly goes and stuffs up off the field, good riddance Jake.

• Like 1

As supposed the leaving of Trengove is anything but unexpected. That he tenaciously clung to the opportunity and kept at it is just a testament to his self belief.

I don't normally care much but this Lad showed extraordinary character.

@Maldonboy38yes..its a bit sad.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mongrel said:

I hope that the delisting of Spencer means the club has some confidence in the development of Lachie and Mitch King.

Nice thought but Pedersen is the back up ruck for the forseeable future and l'm affraid the others haven't shown more than small patches of form within games. Spencer (while l love his heart and appreciate his service to the clu ) was repeatedly let down by his body and not able to fill the back up ruck role.

1 hour ago, bing181 said:

Agree with that, though Spencer was decent as a backup this year for the couple of games he played.

The one amongst them who could perhaps get a rookie spot somewhere might be White. We're over-run with HBF types.

Spencer was unlucky to get injured after he had done a good job in the first couple of games. Had a chance to play at least ten games on the trot.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JV7 said:

I don't see this at all... I reckon he (White) is an absolute dud. I'd be shocked if another club took him as a rookie... Slow, lacked composure, was a so called 'good user' yet only ever turned it over... Was the first on my delisting list

The guy was picked by our club, he gave his best, and showed some glimpses early on.

To refer to him as "an absolute dud" is insulting and IMO is more a reflection on the poster than the player. 

• Like 2

Thanks guys for giving to the greatest footy club in the world, but especially to Trenners.  If only we could transplant your desire, work ethic and 'never say die' attitude to a few who will, most likelly, remain on the list.

• Like 2

Trenners would be perfect as a development coach who understands what it's like to go through some tough times similar to Matthew Egan who also had his career cruelly cut short by injury. Might also just want to play in the burbs and experience winning again

Edited by Demons1858
  • Like 1

I knew that Trenners would probably get delisted but I still feel sad for the guy now it's confirmed. Foot injuries just wrecked him and at the time I was fine with him being captain but looking back now it shouldn't have happened. 

Thanks for busting your gut out for us and best of luck for your future. 

• Like 4