• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

POSTGAME: Rd 03 vs Port Adelaide

38 minutes ago, Fork 'em said:

That group behind Ben Browns kick were straight out of Deliverance.

One (actually a fair few) flew over the cuckoos nest!!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Really enjoyed that win.  Thought it was slipping away a few times, but we came through with the chocolates in the end.  Very Goodwin win  we kept them within reaching distance for most of the game, gritted it out and came away with the victory.

ANB - great game.  Always puts in.  Just keeps getting better.

Lever - very glad he came up, because he was solid as a rock when we really needed him to be.

BBB, T Mac - proving the neah sayers so very wrong and winning us games of footy.

Chin - guts, determination and did some very handy things as well.

Winsor - great find.  Another JT special (No surprises here).

Rivers played a very good game and seemed to really make up for the goal he gave up from the free kick he gave away.

Lingers was really good to key parts of the game as well.

Clarry and Viney, weren't at their absolute best, but really stood up when the side needed them as did Max.

Judd Mc Gee, just keeps on being his solid self.

Thought Woewodwin was both impactful and executed really well when he got on the ground - starting 22 next week? (I hope so).

Rest of the team Howes, Salem, Trac, Petty, Kossie, Freitch, Sparrow all had some good moments as well.

Keep rackking up the wins and building the belief boys.  GO THE MIGHTY DEMONS!!

• Like 8
  • Love 2

29 minutes ago, Demon Dynasty said:

And we won with many not near their best and our No.1 backman not on the park.

Is Thurs too early for a Maysie return 🤔

Probably too soon, given that he could expect plenty of knees and elbows aimed at inflicting more damage.

4 minutes ago, P-man said:

Yep, that was special.

When you imagine a great Benny Brown game that is exactly what comes to mind. Fantastic work rate, continually leading up at the ball and a dead eye dick in front of goal. The big fella is a difference maker when he plays like that...

I actually think that Alir trying to intimidate him at the start of the game fired Benny up.

There was a steely resolve in the way he went about things tonight. He got back at them in the best way possible - by playing an absolute corker. 

• Like 8
  • Love 2

They wanted that win, how exciting to get a win over a contender early in the season.

Worried how they broke our lines with tne handball game, and found a fair bit through the corridors.

JVR has some work to do, need to find a way to bring him into the game early. Petty needed the run. Woey did well when he came on. Rivers got going. Salem needs his role settled.

So many took their moments when they were called on, Sparrow, Windsor, Fritsch, Kossie, Chandler, TMac, Hore, and Howes.

BBB, Lever, Tracc, Gawny, Langdon, Viney, McVee, played well. ANB finding space and in so much. Oliver new when to put in the effort.

The backline was under pressure for alot of the game, and worked through it.

Controlled the momentum and tempo at the right times.

Love that they are off to Glenelg with the 15 kids tomorrow morning to hunt for the eggs. The club is really supporting the family club, after the poor news through the week and preseason. 

Season defining win.

Edited by kev martin
  • Like 15

Pretty glad to get this over that mob. Were we that good? No we were not, were we good when it counted, hell yes. 

And that is what the game is mostly about, like a good boxer you look for the telling blow at the right time. We hung in and made the most of our opportunities while Port threw everything at us and will wonder how the heck they didn't win. Lord knows we've been in that position enough ourselves. 

This is very close to the best game I've seen ANB play. 23 touches, 2 goals, a staggering 30 pressure acts. The running this guy does is insane and constantly pushes up high. 

Ben Brown gave us something to kick to. Yes he isn't the body on body forward we need but he's still got a good set of hands and if we get it in quick to him he'll be a force. Couldn't believe he was able to get that purchase on the ball just before 3QT.

Petracca had a touch one early but worked his way in as did Oliver. Clarry having 9 possessions and a couple of clearances in the last. Could easily have 4 brownlow votes so far.

The back 6 were often under prsssure especially when we were getting rinsed on clearances but I thought Lever marshalled things well, T-Mac is coming along nicely and I thought Marty Hore did a great job as that other tall there.

Maxy was tremendous again, where would we be without Maxy! He is simply the best and needs a fair dinkum statue one day after another flag and a future stint as lord mayor. We love you Max!

Ed Langdon held width as usual, tracked back on multiple occasions to help the backs, a beauty of a goal. One of his better games in a while.

Plenty of average performances but we got it done collectively in the last. Who cares how you win just win baby. Lastly thanks to all MFC fans whether you made the trip over and screamed your lungs out or if you watched on telly in Melb and screamed at the TV. You are all the best and give yourself a pat on the back.

Enjoy Easter, don't have too many Easter eggs and let's dine on Crow soup next week. Go Dees!

• Like 11
  • Love 1

That was one of the great wins.

Made more remarkable by watching some sort of mirror footy game.

One team dominated territory, clearnces and inside 50s. But often entering into a crowded fifty and missing key chances. Not taking full advantage of momentum.

The other team staying in the game  absorbing pressure in the back half,entering into an open forward line and taking key chances. Taking full advantage of momentum.

Go redlegs.

Edited by binman
  • Like 27
  • Love 3

48 minutes ago, Fork 'em said:

That group behind Ben Browns kick were straight out of Deliverance.

I would have loved to have seen Ben's reaction after that goal.  Alot of other players would probably have gone and got right back in their face afterwards, but I bet you all Brown did was get arou d his team mates and smile.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

That was a super game!

And an absolute super win - we are are fair dinkum top contender. Have no doubt about that!

ANB - what a game !

1 hour ago, Gawndy the Great said:

That’s a huge win without our All Australian FB. Huge! 

ANB and Gawn massive tonight. 

Neal- Bullen played near his best game for us tonight, well done , hopefully comes more consistent .

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sir Why You Little said:

IMG_6769.jpeg

A bit of inbreeding going on I’d say

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

Whenever our backs were against the wall and we needed a goal, we just seemed to find one. Kicking for goal was massive tonight.

And make no mistake, 5-2 to 3-3 in the last qtr was just superior fitness. The game really opened up with 10 mins to go. So many huge performances. Nibbler, take a bow.

• Like 8

Great win

👏👏👏👏👏

Beat the ferals on their own deck 

Tough fierce footy 

Port got physical and we got angry 

Took our chances  GOALKICKING 👏👏

JV7 ❤️💙❤️💙💙💙 Thank you 

ANB best game ever 🤩

BBB  can’t run but he can kick straight 

MAX GAWN THE WARRIOR !! 👑👑👑

Windsor’s first goal 👏👏💙❤️

Go Dees 👏👏👏

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, jane02 said:

Less Christmas presents I guess

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, jane02 said:

I think there would be more than just a bit there would be a hell of a lot Jane based on that pic 😁

Edited by DemonOX
  • Haha 2

Just finished watching the replay.

Can someone tell me if that Fritsch last kick was really not a goal?

They never show if the ball goes through the goal line before hitting the post on the opposite side of goal.

• Like 1