• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

POSTGAME: QF vs Collingwood

Demonland

3 minutes ago, Tom Dyson said:

The Collingwood fans actively cheering Maynard makes me sick. I know that’s what u should expect from Collingwood fans but please, lauding someone who knocked out Gus who himself has a history of concussion is a sickening act. Their degeneracy has sunk to a whole new low. 

How about them doing the chant when Angus was lying motionless on the ground. 

But gee when we were coming back the supporters started panicking. I would have loved to have snagged the last 2 and hot over the line. 

Sadly we botched many chances

• Like 3
  • Love 1

If that was Viney in Maynards shoes and got suspended I'd be fuming.
 Brayshaw took too long to kick it, Maynard tried to spoil and then protected himself on the way down.
Split second stuff.
Play on.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 2
  • Vomit 1

1 minute ago, Colm said:

Surely this is the main point. He choose to turn and collect him with his shoulder? Isn’t the question they have been asking all season - “ how could he have avoided the contact?” By not choosing to hit him with his shoulder!! He had other options 

He turned his shoulder. Gus turned his shoulder too. The issue is he turned in to Gus, he should’ve spun the other way 

• Like 3

Just got back in - despite having Brayshaw taken out at the start and a patchwork forward line, we should have won.

The forward line, we can’t do anything about for the next few weeks. If it’s true that JVR will miss, then Grundy will have to get a game. Regardless of how we go in the next couple of weeks, we need to recruit better ball users.

I loved the fight tonight: had that game gone on for 5 minutes longer, we would have won.

Also, Collingwood fans never disappoint, do they? Absolute morons on L1, goading after every goal and then 💩 ing themselves as we fought our way back into it. 

• Like 5

Sorry everyone, this one hurts 

Genuinely ashamed to share a stadium and city with players who would chant while an opposition player is prone motionless and injured on the ground - only to then one up themselves by cheering on the perpetrator.

I've never felt visceral anger towards a player from the stands before like I did tonight at Maynard. I hope he gets weeks but have no faith he will. Anyone suggesting he had no other alternative has rocks in their head...players jump to smother all the time...they don't turn and hit players in the head on the way down. 

I'm not going to wish injury on him as I don't need to.

If he has a semblance of human decency he will feel awful, which is good enough for me. And if he doesn't feel a thing, he is beyond help anyway and he'll end up alone. 

I'd rather be a better person than win the game

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Clap 1

7 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

And you’ve obviously never known someone who has long term health impacts from repeated head injuries. 
I hope Gus makes a full recovery. Wonder how you’ll feel if he doesn’t play again. 

Are you dead set serious?

Cannot seriously believe you're justifying that Maynard and Cox deserve to do their ACL's purely because of a contact hit in football that yes, was unwarranted and he'll be dealt accordingly. 

And please don't ever say I don't know anyone that's been through repeated head knocks. A 24 year reserves player from our football club was told mid year that he has to stop playing football for the rest of his life because he received his 12th head knock.

You wishing ACL injuries on people is lowest of lows regardless who they are.

Edited by dazzledavey36
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Can't fault our mental toughness, heart and desire to compete. It's admirable for sure and says a lot about how far we've come and the kind of culture we've created. Clearly we're respected. 

Ultimately we lost the game in a way that has been a trend for how long now? Too long. Years. 

Oliver is a great example tonight of what too many of our players do. Bomb shallow, high, sometimes long. Just zero composure. That was as close to as the most non-infliential 30 touch game I've seen from someone and he gave away stupid free kicks also. 

Tom McDonald, wow. 

Max Gawn is just too good to believe and almost single handedly kept us alive. A pleasure watching him. 

Brayshaw being subbed out clearly didn't help our cause. But the signs were already there imo. Collingwood were cleaner, tougher and more proactive early and we just couldn't match it. One good quarter is never enough. 

And for those saying Maynard should get weeks, you have no idea. He jumped in the air to smother. That was the football action. And once in the air, could not do a thing to stop his body colliding into Brayshaw's.. Extremely unfortunate for Gus and Melbourne supporters, but if you cannot see it for what it is, you have a serious Melbourne bias and just completely unreasonable. Some of the comments on here are hilariously embarrassing. 

Maynard is scum, but he actually did nothing wrong. 

Let's hope Gus is okay, we can still do some damage although I see some serous holes appearing for us. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2
  • Vomit 2

21 minutes ago, Boots and all said:

Pretty bloody difficult coming into a final with that heat and so little experience.

Agreed, which is why he shouldn't have played. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dees189227 said:

How about them doing the chant when Angus was lying motionless on the ground. 

But gee when we were coming back the supporters started panicking. I would have loved to have snagged the last 2 and hot over the line. 

Sadly we botched many chances

Doing the Collingwood chant, as a player is being stretchered from the ground is a dog act from a dog club.

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Clap 4

Collingwood fans cheering a player who knocked one of ours out and booing Viney after he got head butted by the same player. Seriously Jesus Wept - they’re not called the Filth for nothing.

I will always Boo Maynard from this day on. 

So disappointing to not take our chances but [censored] proud of the boys for fighting until the end and making it close. 

We have a second chance and I hope we take it.

Edited by OhMyDees
  • Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Clap 1

2 minutes ago, 3183 Dee said:

Just got back in - despite having Brayshaw taken out at the start and a patchwork forward line, we should have won.

The forward line, we can’t do anything about for the next few weeks. If it’s true that JVR will miss, then Grundy will have to get a game. Regardless of how we go in the next couple of weeks, we need to recruit better ball users.

I loved the fight tonight: had that game gone on for 5 minutes longer, we would have won.

Also, Collingwood fans never disappoint, do they? Absolute morons on L1, goading after every goal and then 💩 ing themselves as we fought our way back into it. 

No, even with 5 more minutes we wouldn't win.

We just couldn't kick a score, very bad to be honest, expect better of AFL standard players.

3 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Are you dead set serious?

Cannot seriously believe you're justifying that Maynard and Cox deserve to do their ACL's purely because of a contact hit in football that yes, was unwarranted and he'll be dealt unaccordingly. 

And please don't ever say I don't know anyone that's been through repeated head knocks. A 24 year reserves player from our football club was told mid year that he has to stop playing football for the rest of his life because he received his 12th head knock.

You wishing ACL injuries on people is lowest of lows regardless who they are.

Deep breath mate no need to be hysterical 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Fork 'em said:

If that was Viney in Maynards shoes and got suspended I'd be fuming.
 Brayshaw took too long to kick it, Maynard tried to spoil and then protected himself on the way down.
Split second stuff.
Play on.

No way. Absolutely no reason to jump directly at the player in that instance. Hope he gets rubbed out and watches us beat them in the GF

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, JimmyGadson said:

Can't fault our mental toughness, heart and desire to compete. It's admirable for sure and says a lot about how far we've come and the kind of culture we've created. Clearly we're respected. 

Ultimately we lost the game in a way that has been a trend for how long now? Too long. Years. 

Oliver is a great example tonight of what too many of our players do. Bomb shallow, high, sometimes long. Just zero composure. That was as close to as the most non-infliential 30 touch game I've seen from someone and he gave away stupid free kicks also. 

Tom McDonald, wow. 

Max Gawn is just too good to believe and almost single handedly kept us alive. A pleasure watching him. 

Brayshaw being subbed out clearly didn't help our cause. But the signs were already there imo. Collingwood were cleaner, tougher and more proactive early and we just couldn't match it. One good quarter is never enough. 

And for those saying Maynard should get weeks, you have no idea. He jumped in the air to smother. That was the football action. And once in the air, could not do a thing to stop his body colliding into Brayshaw's.. Extremely unfortunate for Gus and Melbourne supporters, but if you cannot see it for what it is, you have a serious Melbourne bias and just completely unreasonable. Some of the comments on here are hilariously embarrassing. 

Maynard is scum, but he actually did nothing wrong. 

Let's hope Gus is okay, we can still do some damage although I see some serous holes appearing for us. 

Come off it Jimmy.

Once you leave the ground your in no mans land.

pretended to smother and turned the shoulder into Brayshaw's Jaw.

Gutless crunt.

• Like 10
  • Clap 1

Filthy 69-37 inside 50s, same issues continue, yet we get an AA ruck who can’t get a game & watch cox & Cameron tee off against Gawn… not sure if this was the difference but unsure why Goody didn’t play Grundy. If this turns out to be another straight sets who will be held accountable to a missed opportunity of winning another flag.

Edited by Demonsone

38 minutes ago, bobby1554 said:

What absolute rubbish! We were all over them for probably 70% of that game. They were just cleaner going inside forward 50 on three occasions in the third quarter, that was the game right there. If you cant see that spirit of that last quarter, then hand your membership back pal. A game of moments, that is all it was. They just took theirs we didn’t. Absolutely nothing to do with the coach.

Look, I like Goodwin. But this sort of loss is pretty standard for us. He needs to turn it around because +30 inside 50s and having 60+ only to still lose is really bad football. That was a really bad loss tonight. Up there with last year's Semi. We just aren't playing good finals football atm. We are choking big time.

Melbourne's last three finals (all at the MCG):

+40 inside 50s

+13 clearances

+7 centre clearances 

+6 stoppage clearances

+44 contested possessions 

BUT

only +4 scoring shots

0 wins 

3 losses

We're going to quickly have the choking tag applied to us if we don't start converting. Pies had McStay and [censored] Cameron kicking truly for them. Our best forward kicked it out on the full directly in front with the game there for the taking. We are choking hard.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Colm said:

He had other options

5 minutes ago, bush demon said:

In this millenium you don't need to knock players out with your shoulder

They will argue he had time only to react instinctively. I’m not saying that’s true, but it will be the defence, and he’ll get the benefit of the doubt I think. That he’s a thug footballer is true enough however. Cox too. 

• Like 3