• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

PREGAME: Rd 08 vs Gold Coast

Demonland

25 minutes ago, Little Goffy said:

Thinking ahead just a little, but does anyone get the feeling Salem might not be an automatic inclusion once fit? Pretty tight competition in the roles he might slide into.

Certainly there's a case for giving him time to rediscover form at Casey, but it does feel a bit weird that we could be looking at a Casey team with multiple mature premiership players in it, plus Dunstan, Melksham and Smith!

Salem is one of our best players

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Thinking 1

Suns have King, Chol, Lukosius and now Casboult. They won't play all four at once of course, and they need ruck depth to combat Gawn/Grundy, but even if they line up with three in the forward line we're asking a lot of Hibberd aren't we?

If GC is going strategically tall to try to stretch us, I wonder whether we see Schache (releasing Petty to the backline) or Turner a late in?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, titan_uranus said:

Suns have King, Chol, Lukosius and now Casboult. They won't play all four at once of course, and they need ruck depth to combat Gawn/Grundy, but even if they line up with three in the forward line we're asking a lot of Hibberd aren't we?

If GC is going strategically tall to try to stretch us, I wonder whether we see Schache (releasing Petty to the backline) or Turner a late in?

Chol and Casboult are barely AFL standard.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 3

46 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

I’ve read this and while it makes it clear that one ticket gets you into both matches, it doesn’t mention having to leave the ground in between matches, which is what Docs Demons has stated. 

That's all the info I can find. Luckily I'm staying around the corner. Given entry is on an AFL ticket I would assume that you won't have to leave, and the other gates besides #3 will open at 230pm. Doesn't make sense to even have the staff to clear the ground only to be let back in on the same ticket. Usually good Kebabs at the ground too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, DubDee said:

Top of 12oC down here on Saturday?  not even winter yet FFS!

No wonder half me mates are moving to QLD

I'd move there in a heartbeat if Mrs KikA didn't have a goblin for an ex husband.

Edited by AzzKikA
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Where did you read this? It’s not on the MFC website. 

Sorry WCW a couple of GC people mentioned that to me HOWEVER after looking up the Heritage Bank Stadium website noticed it mentions GC/Casey game starts 12.05pm and that gate 3 will open at 12 noon (5 mins before start)for that game plus VFL patrons must have a valid AFL ticket to stay in ground but then again it also states gates open for AFL at 2.30pm.Can only assume the VFL people must get in via gate 3 at 12 and if no AFL ticket they must leave. Actually got no idea how all this will work. I'm confused!!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Left Foot Snap said:

That's all the info I can find. Luckily I'm staying around the corner. Given entry is on an AFL ticket I would assume that you won't have to leave, and the other gates besides #3 will open at 230pm. Doesn't make sense to even have the staff to clear the ground only to be let back in on the same ticket. Usually good Kebabs at the ground too.

Thank you LFS! I figured that would be the case. It’d be ridiculous to make us all leave after the Casey match.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DubDee said:

Top of 12oC down here on Saturday?  not even winter yet FFS!

No wonder half me mates are moving to QLD

Tell us about it! Wouldn't mind a week in QLD or WA right now 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Docs Demons said:

Sorry WCW a couple of GC people mentioned that to me HOWEVER after looking up the Heritage Bank Stadium website noticed it mentions GC/Casey game starts 12.05pm and that gate 3 will open at 12 noon (5 mins before start)for that game plus VFL patrons must have a valid AFL ticket to stay in ground but then again it also states gates open for AFL at 2.30pm.Can only assume the VFL people must get in via gate 3 at 12 and if no AFL ticket they must leave. Actually got no idea how all this will work. I'm confused!!

All good, DD. I read that as the AFL ticket gets you into both matches, and that there isn’t a separate VFL ticket. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Little Goffy said:

Thinking ahead just a little, but does anyone get the feeling Salem might not be an automatic inclusion once fit? Pretty tight competition in the roles he might slide into.

Certainly there's a case for giving him time to rediscover form at Casey, but it does feel a bit weird that we could be looking at a Casey team with multiple mature premiership players in it, plus Dunstan, Melksham and Smith!

Of course he should not be an auto inclusion straight back when fit if we have learnt anything from last year. So far we have been very conscious of these lessons.

I'd say two games at Casey is just right and form permitting he is a natural to return to AFL half back just before the bye. 

To contemplate if he doesn't  return to our best 23 after the bye would only mean we are not managing our troops or that we have won all our games by a large amount and are on top of the ladder. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Winners at last said:

Chol and Casboult are barely AFL standard.

The trouble is, they have been known to suddenly cash in all their unused performance in a single game, like an elastic band snapping back. Suddenly they've got five contested marks and seven shots on goal etc etc.

Discount brand of Jake Stringer's career.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, beelzebub said:

Tmac for Shack

Milky the sub ? 

Recycling T Mac again Hmmmmmmmm!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Left Foot Snap said:

Edited by Demon Dynasty
  • Like 1

Salem comes back in after a Casey hit out. He'll kill it at Casey anyway. He's class and that's exactly what we need coming out of defence. I'd be shocked if the club wasn't doing everything it could to make sure Salem is fit and ready for the back half of the season, much like Viney in 2018. I stand by the article that will be written a few days after we win the flag about the mountain of work done to have a fit Salem. On song he's in our top 5 most important players and particularly against Collingwood we need him.

• Like 8

9 hours ago, Little Goffy said:

The trouble is, they have been known to suddenly cash in all their unused performance in a single game, like an elastic band snapping back. Suddenly they've got five contested marks and seven shots on goal etc etc.

Discount brand of Jake Stringer's career.

7 shots on goal from casboult can mean 1 goal, 3 behinds, 3 out on full...on a good day.

• Like 3

Missed the Dees at the airport this morning but Bevo & Matt Spangher will definitely be part of the Bulldogs coaching department for their match against the Giants. 

This is Andy from Demonland News. Back to you Sandra in the studio. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 7
  • Clap 1

14 hours ago, At the break of Gawn said:

Weather forecast also says it’ll be a dry game.

What? No  booze.....!

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, adonski said:

For sure but he's missed a lot of games. I hope he's back soon but the big issue is that it's hard to see who makes way for him I guess. His best is truly elite and makes a big difference, so he will definitely be back in.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, leave it to deever said:

For sure but he's missed a lot of games. I hope he's back soon but the big issue is that it's hard to see who makes way for him I guess. His best is truly elite and makes a big difference, so he will definitely be back in.

Think we'll start to see Judd McVee tire out as the season goes on.

Been playing senior footy since the practise games and have noticed probably the last 2 weeks that he's just slightly off his composure and timing.

Salem should at least have 2 weeks maybe 3 max at Casey then by then should be good timing for McVee to have a spell.

• Like 3

Salem will.need as many games in the magoos as it takes...2..3..4.. 🤷

Hell need to hit the ground running, and running hard  as it's quite possible by then our season will be a constant battle...as it is for all finals aspirants.

He cant just come in a get fit...

I look forward to his return.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, beelzebub said:

Just goes to show again stats are arguably useless.

What am i noticing... who he kicks it to....or rather...misses. If youre going to get cute with delivery....get it right.

You clearly have Salem bias....He has been average for few years now and his body is not holding up well to the rigors of AFL .  He started taking lot of soft easy options for kicks and started losing a lot of one on ones + was also tagged out of games easily.  Bowey is a much better version with much bigger upside.  I think we have seen Salems best footy already...Hope i am wrong!

I think there is room to actually play both Bowey/Salem in form, both are great in the backline but would also be very creative forwards, i would personally release one of them forward.

*Always loved Salem as a player but have been frustrated mostly by his management and playing well below his best in recent times.   It frustrated me even more to drop an in form Bowey for him when he was clearly not fit and had very little impact (happened few times).

Bowey should play 200+ games for us at a really high level, he is tough at contest, takes a good mark for his size and is super creative and hits targets both by hand and foot.  

Edited by NeveroddoreveN
clarity.
  • Like 3
  • Thinking 1
  • Shocked 2

With the game kicking off at the same time as the coronation...will there be the opportunity to recite the oath of allegiance ?

Or save it for king's birthday weekend.?

Squeeze it in after welcome to country?

Asking for a friend.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, NeveroddoreveN said:

You clearly have Salem bias....He has been average for few years now and his body is not holding up well to the rigors of AFL .  He started taking lot of soft easy options for kicks and started losing a lot of one on ones + was also tagged out of games easily.  Bowey is a much better version with much bigger upside.  I think we have seen Salems best footy already...Hope i am wrong!

Ive never really cared what the makeup of the team.is..   just needs to be the best to do the job..  Bowey has slipped.  That's entirely different from any appreciation or otherwise of Salem.   If C.S. never plays another senior game im not about to lose sleep....  All that is required is someone to do the job.....properly.   Burning players fails that metric.

Possibly among the most important disposals is that off the hbl rebounding.

That kick or handpass either sets up the attack.. or gifts the opposition as our defenders will be caught out of whack if the ball suddenly comes flying back...or the oppo gets to break the line.

Every time youre coming out of that hbl its effectively a douple point play..   

I just think Bowey has slipped a cog.

Salem is irrelevant in that appraisal. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

31 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Think we'll start to see Judd McVee tire out as the season goes on.

Been playing senior footy since the practise games and have noticed probably the last 2 weeks that he's just slightly off his composure and timing.

Salem should at least have 2 weeks maybe 3 max at Casey then by then should be good timing for McVee to have a spell.

McVee has struggled the last two weeks. Had three kicked on him in 5 minutes against Richmond. As soon as Salem is fit, he comes straight in for McVee IMV. 

As for moving to QLD, are we serious here? There's about 39 things on every weekend in Melbourne. In QLD you sit on a beach and then get cycloned.

I've got a mate that moved up there too. An absolute nuffy, love him, but he likes the very slow life. It'll get warmer in Melbourne (climate) and extreme coldness as well (climate). Whereas, QLD'll just burn. We're in a very privileged position those of us living in Melbourne. 

Edited by A F
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, adonski said:

Agree 100%, when he is near 100%.  
When he shows his best  form and stamina at Casey, even if it takes a month,  he should be straight back in, but not before. 

• Like 2