PREGAME: Rd 04 vs West Coast

Demonland

8 minutes ago, DubDee said:

why would anyone give AF if he gets to 100? he already got to 200 games 

100mfc games gets his name on the #18 locker and father/son eligibility.

Not saying it's the best reason, and may not be accurate, but with due respect to Melksham I can't think of many other reasons for him to be selected, even as sub.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ElDiablo14 said:

Was BBB injured? Please don't tell me it's the knee

Back soreness so now its BBBBS.  Goody expects him to be right for next week

• Thanks 1

Goody confirmed Brown had a stiff back yesterday but pulled up fine this morning until it aggravated again in the first half.

Reckons he should be right for next week but with a 4 hour Perth trip I wouldn't risk it at all. Manage him for the week off.

Hibberd had an Achilles but should be fine.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Nascent said:

100mfc games gets his name on the #18 locker and father/son eligibility.

Not saying it's the best reason, and may not be accurate, but with due respect to Melksham I can't think of many other reasons for him to be selected, even as sub.

cheers

but i reckon Melk is the perfect sub. in two games he’s kicked a goal in each. he was poor last week though

• Like 2

Just now, david_neitz_is_my_dad said:

What does Spargo do that Kosi doesn't/cant?

The role that each of Spargo and Kozi play, are quite different. Even more so if, we take into account game one against the Western Bulldogs, and how both athletes were used.

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, david_neitz_is_my_dad said:

What does Spargo do that Kosi doesn't/cant?

Not get reported?  It is not a question of who is the better footballer, Kosi by a mile, but who gives way.  My thoughts are like er JJ/Sparrow to the sub to make room.  Glad I am not a selector.

4 smalls fwds doesn’t go into 3 and Chandler can’t be dropped after that so it’s out of ANB and Spargo as stiff as that may be on one of them. Nothing silly like dropping Brown for Pickett will happen if Brown is injured another tall will come in. Pickett also can’t play the minutes in the mid to replace Sparrow or Jordan either so I’d say they are safe as well. Tough week for the selection committee 

Looks like there was no WAFL over the w/end, doesn't help the Weagles

I love it!

In : Kossie Out : Hibberd

Carnage for the Eagles, Simpson said in the presser they will have to make 6-7 forced changes….our boys better not take them lightly but seriously this should be a % booster. Especially at our fortress Optus Stadium!

Edited by sisso
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Oliver might be in trouble for his sling tackle. Suspensions handed out galore today from the previous games.

Might be Oliver for Pickett. If not, it gets a bit harder.

T Mc or Melksham for Ben Brown, let's not put a dodgy back on long flights. I still think we need that 3rd tallish option rather than going completely small.

I also think Tomlinson for Hibbo (rested) is fairly possible.

If they don't miss with the height structure of Petty, JvR, one of T mc/Melk and want to bring Pickett in then it comes down to one of ANB, Spargo, JJ, Sparrow, Chandler even Fritsch making way. 

It won't be Fritsch. I doubt it will be Spargo or ANB, they love their roles. Chandler would be really tough and it's not really the role Pickett has been used in so far. JJ or Sparrow seem the most likely as forward/mids.

1 hour ago, Boots and all said:

The Eagles have been absolutely decimated by injury today and may need to field the magoos next week.

Beware - medium term memories of us being. shellacked by Druggies Seconds.  Take any team lightly in any game at one's peril

1 hour ago, adonski said:

Absolutely no idea what changes they make, a couple of thoughts: 

IN: Pickett
OUT: Sparrow

JJ, Gus to have more mins inside

IN: Pickett
OUT: Hibberd

Jordon to have stints at half back or Petty back to defence? 

Really can't see them dropping BBB

47 minutes ago, dee-tox said:

Back apparently.

West Coke only have Barass as a tall so we could load up with height forward.

Unless BBB'sB is 100% do not make him sit in a plane for 7-8 hours.

24 minutes ago, Garbo said:

4 smalls fwds doesn’t go into 3 and Chandler can’t be dropped after that so it’s out of ANB and Spargo as stiff as that may be on one of them. Nothing silly like dropping Brown for Pickett will happen if Brown is injured another tall will come in. Pickett also can’t play the minutes in the mid to replace Sparrow or Jordan either so I’d say they are safe as well. Tough week for the selection committee 

Maybe Petty to stay forward, at least for now with Disco coming in for Hibbo if Hibbo is NQR.

I must say I dn't know a thing about WCE's tall forward structure any more, but I guess it may become horses for courses.

Edited by monoccular
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SPC said:

Brown Out, Pickett in.

Would like to see Viney out for Howes, but not sure Jack would get dropped being captain. I feel he is probably our biggest watch over the next few weeks. Disposal poor, decision making poor. JJ is a much better 3rd midfield option and Koz back will squeeze Jack out. 

Too rational SPC. Viney is heart and soul.

• Like 1

Dropping Brown means Petty (I think he should stay there) and JVR would be our key forwards next week.

Pickett for Brown seems like the only change, Hibberd deserves another game.

• Like 2

Was there. 
Ben Brown looked slow and hurt and should have a rest, especially with a trip west. Pickett in for him
Best debut by a young key forward player since I don’t know when. He looked ready. Exciting wasn’t it -  and didn’t the crowd feel it. 
Some  of the other young ones are coming on perfectly eg McVee, Jordan, Chandler , Bowey  The future is very bright imo.

Petracca and Oliver are phenomenal. Getting better each week. Not everything comes off but their effort is always awe inspiring  

Grundy was superb and looks to be enjoying himself  

Petty did some really nice team things and should be persisted with up forward for a while. I love what he brings  to the team

Spargo is an elite decision maker. 

thankyou. Go Demons. 

• Like 12
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

Oliver might be in trouble for his sling tackle. Suspensions handed out galore today from the previous games.

As soon as he did that i thought the same thing,  hopefully its just a fine.

I don't wan't to sound as if we have chalked up the win but dont fly BB to WA, not needed so only change for me is:

IN:  Kossie

Out:  Brown 

I also think Sparrow might have to lift his game a bit, i know he is playing his part but Brayshaw, JJ, Pickett and Rivers can also play that part.

• Like 1

• Demonland changed the title to PREGAME: Rd 04 vs West Coast
2 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

Kosi is playing mostly midfield now so he doesn’t need to come in at the expense of Chandler or Spargo. 
He will probably come in for Hibbo and we will shuffle the defense a bit. 

Who's going to play half back? Can't be Petty unless there's another tall forward come in. Don't say JJ, nothing about his game is suited to half back apart from his fitness and discipline. Would probably have to be Hunter from the 22 named and that's asking a lot of old legs and suspect aerial work. If Hibbo is out we need to pick another defender.

1 minute ago, DeeSpencer said:

Who's going to play half back? Can't be Petty unless there's another tall forward come in. Don't say JJ, nothing about his game is suited to half back apart from his fitness and discipline. Would probably have to be Hunter from the 22 named and that's asking a lot of old legs and suspect aerial work. If Hibbo is out we need to pick another defender.

Who played half back in round 1 and 2? Lever CHB and May FB. Bowey and Gus and Rivers will play the half back flanker roles along with McVee. 
West Coast are hot garbage. If we don’t win by 10 goals we’ve lost. 

Edited by Jaded No More
  • Facepalm 1