• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

PREGAME: Rd 01 vs Western Bulldogs

Demonland

I wonder what Beveridge will change with their ball movement and defensive play.  They were badly caught out on those in the GF so I am expecting some surprises.

If there is any threat to us that is probably it.   We will 'play our way' so will be relatively predictable to them for planning and tactics.  Whereas changes in their style will make them less predictable to us.

Nonetheless, it is hard to see how they can become an all-ground defensive team in one preseason as it isn't their natural game.  And with a bit of luck any changes they have made aren't yet embedded and will come unstuck during the game.  Under pressure they revert to what they know best.

Demons by 21 points.

Edited by Lucifers Hero
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Jontee said:

Surely the Dogs will have to go more physical....

Other than Libba (and faux tough guy Daniels) they don't have anyone who shows much aggro.  We have May, Salem, Viney, Spargo, Picket who tackle with intent and to inflict some damage. 

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

17 hours ago, Left Foot Snap said:

Similar plans for us BD, arrive just after 1030 and stow the bags in the hotel. I then have to take Mrs Right Foot Snap for Yum Cha then we can hit some traditional pubs on the way to the ground. We also have to detour to the Rebel in the city as my big order from the demon shop a month ago isn't going to make it in time. Dworship suggested the Arbory which looks really good, but we are going to save that for lunch on thur or Friday.  Any pub suggestions with like minded people would be be welcomed. Second time going to the G and very excited.

Shark Fin Inn’s my favourite yum cha in the city if you want to mix it up. Pricier than the cheap ones but less than the high end ones, and the quality to match. 

The CBD pubs are all a bit ordinary IMO. Y+J’s is a classic but the atmosphere is very hampered by the train tunnel construction. The Duke does a solid job but isn’t anything special. Garden State is cool enough if you’re keen to be trendy. The Imperial is a soccer pub at heart but if the weather holds off the rooftop is nice and might be my pick.

Personally I’d be tempted to invest $10 and 10 minutes on a train or uber to Richmond. Have a little crawl from the Swan, public house or Harlow if the roof tops are open for a great CBD view, the Richmond club, the Posty and then most of all the London Tavern before the traditional short walk to the ground. Just don’t look in the windows at the Royal.

Alternatively if you want to score some points for being cultured you could take 10 minutes there and back to Fitzroy. The Rose, the Standard, the Builders Arms are decent options and people watching the hipsters beats the CBD crowd.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, dieter said:

He's counting a pre-season match which we lost: so he's correct.

Thanks, Mate. I overlooked that item. Still, I hold Yze in very high regard both as a player (former) and now as a coach/tactician.

• Like 1

Dogs will be hungry and they will be angry. I expect a very tough game. Hopefully a strong home crowd will get us home, but honestly wouldn’t be surprise to see us lose this. 

Dees by 10. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

Dogs will be hungry and they will be angry. I expect a very tough game. Hopefully a strong home crowd will get us home, but honestly wouldn’t be surprise to see us lose this. 

Dees by 10. 

I don't think anyone should be surprised if we lose.

How much of Demonland goes on about drinking bathwater, particularly after we lost to Carlton?

We're coming up against arguably the best side in it other than us (if not the best side in it full stop), it's a new season in which 2021 doesn't stand for too much, and we'll be missing at least two best 22 players from our backline.

We can be disappointed with a loss, but no one should be surprised if we drop a game to a fellow 2022 flag contender.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, titan_uranus said:

I don't think anyone should be surprised if we lose.

How much of Demonland goes on about drinking bathwater, particularly after we lost to Carlton?

We're coming up against arguably the best side in it other than us (if not the best side in it full stop), it's a new season in which 2021 doesn't stand for too much, and we'll be missing at least two best 22 players from our backline.

We can be disappointed with a loss, but no one should be surprised if we drop a game to a fellow 2022 flag contender.

Still think Brisbane are the ones to beat alongside us, but I don’t disagree. Dogs will be in it up to their necks and they’ll have a point to prove. 
It’s why I think it’s super important to get as many of our supporters to the game on Wednesday. 
The club has spoken repeatedly about how excited they are to perform in front of a home crowd again, so let’s make it feel like a hostile territory for the Dogs because it could make all the difference.  
We have a tough draw coming up. We finished minor premiers last year with one kick after the siren. I don’t think this year will be any easier. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, whatwhat say what said:

only a 'medium' chance of showers according to the bom; they've got it listed as 'partly cloudy' and 27

5 hours ago, DubDee said:

Forecast says 27oC and partly cloudy for Wednesday. I reckon we’ll be right

Thankee I just looked at the headline.

The boys also sang along to a whole lot of songs including Take me home , country roads … but no one seems to mention that 

freed from desire , such a tacky song IMO , the dogs can have it , but if some of them need that as motivation then they have bigger issues

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Delusional demon 82 said:

The boys also sang along to a whole lot of songs including Take me home , country roads … but no one seems to mention that 

freed from desire , such a tacky song IMO , the dogs can have it , but if some of them need that as motivation then they have bigger issues

So true.  I had a call last week from Alex Neal-Bullen to thank me for my years of membership and signing up again this year.  Thrilled to receive the call.  Just another way the club is making fans feel valued.

Relevance to this thread is that during the chat I said something about the team singing 'Freed from Desire' might spur the Bulldogs.  He said he couldn't even remember it as they sang so many songs.

I'd say our players would be happy to see them sulk over a song.  Easily wounded if they are still sulking.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, John Crow Batty said:

Sounds like they covering up for some inadequacy with faux rage. As If throwing in the towel at the last quarter isn’t enough motivation.

Yeah trying to make it a distraction. It is so horrible to lose a GF but to give up like they did is unforgivable. 90 point turn around in 40 minutes

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Delusional demon 82 said:

Liverpool went nuts singing it in the “sheds” recently when the won a local cup in English. Like proper belting it out, it’s amazing how far and wide it is still holding relevance. 

And yes I hope it’s our song played after everyone of our goals. 

2 hours ago, Jaded No More said:

Still think Brisbane are the ones to beat alongside us, but I don’t disagree. Dogs will be in it up to their necks and they’ll have a point to prove. 
It’s why I think it’s super important to get as many of our supporters to the game on Wednesday. 
The club has spoken repeatedly about how excited they are to perform in front of a home crowd again, so let’s make it feel like a hostile territory for the Dogs because it could make all the difference.  
We have a tough draw coming up. We finished minor premiers last year with one kick after the siren. I don’t think this year will be any easier. 

Well since the players can’t even look at the umpires anymore, it is important that we have a large Demon crowd making a lot of noise, which we know affects umpires in close calls. 

• Like 4