Posting Unsubstantiated Rumours on this Website is Strictly Forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

If the Premiership is ours, where will you celebrate?

Deefensive Language

Given that we'll be stuck at home for the big game, I'm not accepting a post-win celebration in isolation. A lift of restrictions enable Melburnians to have picnics with up to 5 vaccinated people (from 2 households) within 10km from home.

With that in mind....where should we go on Sunday the 26th if the Dees break the drought?

The obvious choice is either Gosch's Paddock or Casey Fields, so if they are within your 10km zone, I'm sure Melbourne supporters will be out in force there celebrating at their small picnics.

For the rest of us, I've been playing around with a radius tool and have identified 18 other parks spaced out around the rest of Melbourne. So if you're in the Glen Waverley area, head to Jells Park. Live around Altona? A.B Shaw Park.

This is not an official thing, but I'm going to distribute this map as widely as I can and if you think it's a good idea, please do the same. We deserve a chance to celebrate in a festive atmosphere where other local Melbourne supporters will know to head to.

So bring your scarves, flags, footys, and bluetooth speakers blasting the Grand Old Flag to one of these parks, and hopefully you won't have to celebrate alone (until restrictions lift completely and the club organises a real event).

That is...IF we win! (for those who say not to jinx it, it's time we back ourselves and at least plan for possible success) 

*Note: I am not advocating for rule-breaking behaviour in publishing this map. We can all enjoy our outdoor time socially distanced and in accordance with local laws.

MFC Celebration Parks.png

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Fanatique Demon said:

France sounds nice. I think I’ll go there. 

Wouldn't let them know your an Aussie at the moment.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, MT64 said:

Wouldn't let them know your an Aussie at the moment.

You’re right.  We’re in hiding. 
Our door bell features pictures of the French and Australian flags. Last week I wanted to swap the Aussie one for a Demons one, but my wife was against it. She’ll be in favour of it now, surely.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Wrecker46 said:

MCG car park. Well within my radius. I'm also going to take up smoking for the day given you can't remove your mask to drink alcohol. If you're having a smoke with your beer it seems to be all good.

Just buy a lot of lollipops and keep sucking. You could even just have the stick in your mouth

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Cassiew said:

Just buy a lot of lollipops and keep sucking. You could even just have the stick in your mouth

Stuck in NSW but will watch every football show I can find

• Like 1

Considering we're in lockdown it'll be on the phone with my sister and old man.
Cannot even show up to the 'G' to give the players a heros welcome.
What a forken fork up.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Fanatique Demon said:

Lovely to hear. I wish I could be with my daughters. Haven’t been able to see them for two years.

🤗

An increase in the radius to 10km will allow me to visit the Whitten Oval for some Sunday morning exercise in my Dees beanie. Followed by a warm down walk around the leafy streets of Footscray and Seddon with a coffee from Rudimentary and a top up at Common Galaxia. That reminds me, Advieh have just painted their frontage red, white & blue so I'll have to stop by for a take away halloumi wrap for lunch. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 3