Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

CHANGES: Rd 11 vs Western Bulldogs

Demonland

6 hours ago, picket fence said:

Re Harsh on Weid, the guy has had 5 years for a few good and 1 great game! He needed to fire tonight and didn't!! Time to play and perservere with a guy who is a proven forward and Goal Kicker Ben Brown!! Melksham almost never again!

I agree. I wish people would stop making excuses for Weidemen. He and Clarry are both high 2015 draft picks, six years to hone their craft, and look at the difference in their performances today. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Garbo said:

Wied doesn’t offer enough and doesn’t even get the best defender, at least with brown in he takes the number one tall so tmac gets 2 and Jackson 3 ect. Plus brown has a proven record of kicking goals over many years and wied doesn’t. A few tackles from wied isn’t enough to make up for that as neither provide much defensive pressure. If that’s the reasoning for keeping weid in then I’d play neither. Bring in Mitch Brown or play another midsize up fwd. The talls are primarily there to kick goals, take marks and create opportunities for our smalls to crumb.

Agree. Weidemen has one KPI and one KPI only, kicking goals. I couldn’t care less about the odd tackle. 

• Like 2

In: Salem, Viney, B.Brown

Out: Jetta, Melksham, Sparrow 

Medical Sub: Jordan 

Lets play McDonald, Weideman, B.Brown & Jackson in the same team and really stretch the Dogs defense.

Why not?

The Eagles have played  Kennedy, Darling, Allen & 2 rucks in the same team this year.

• Like 1

Out: Jetta, Weideman

In: Salem, Sparrow

If we're serious about winning next week I think we should go back to having 2 tall forwards plus Fritsch, adding a third seems to have upset the balance of the team. We need an extra small to help lock the footy in and pressure the opposition exits from our forward 50.

If we're still playing with our forward setup to try and see what will work Brown comes in for Weid. I don't think Melksham gets dropped he was pretty good early, but I want Sparrow back in the team.

Only way Jordon gets dropped is if he needs a rest, otherwise any talks of he, Hunt, Petty, Fritsch, Kozzie, Spargo etc etc getting dropped are fanciful and ridiculous.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Out: Jetta, Weideman

In: Salem, Sparrow

If we're serious about winning next week I think we should go back to having 2 tall forwards plus Fritsch, adding a third seems to have upset the balance of the team. We need an extra small to help lock the footy in and pressure the opposition exits from our forward 50.

If we're still playing with our forward setup to try and see what will work Brown comes in for Weid. I don't think Melksham gets dropped he was pretty good early, but I want Sparrow back in the team.

Only way Jordon gets dropped is if he needs a rest, otherwise any talks of he, Hunt, Petty, Fritsch, Kozzie, Spargo etc etc getting dropped are fanciful and ridiculous.

Fritsch being omitted is ‘fanciful and ridiculous’?

Ignores first options, doesn’t get involved defensively, and he goes missing when the heat is up of late.

He has been worked out, I think he is on the bubble and it’s hardly Lord of the Rings...

• Like 1

So we had a Brown / Tmac version going and they kick a bag, or Fritsch does.  This may be a pretty big hint.

Weid plays more like Jackson and therefore (neither really clunk the ball in the contest).

For the dogs game though we need run, they will likely win the midfield and they will also move the ball quicker than the crows. 

Max's form has tapered as Jackson has been given more time in the ruck.

I'd almost be tempted to spell Jackson and bring in a runner maybe Chandler Bowie or Rossman. Unfortunately Jetta goes, if no Salem then Bowie (for delivery) 

Melks also have to go.

Trouble is only 2-3 changed should take place otherwise you risk team balance,  cofidenc and rhythm.

Out: Weid Melks Jetta

In: Bowie Salem  BB

• Like 1

IN: Brown, Sparrow, Salem, Jones 

OUT: Weideman, Melksham, Jetta, Jordon (managed)

Fritsch is also under extreme pressure as well. Another ****ful performance like that and he's out.

Melksham and Jetta being out is simple. Both are not only cooked, but burnt to the crisp. Having Melksham and Fritsch in the same forward line means we lose our manic forward pressure due to both being lazy in this area. If we're fair dinkum that's Jetta's last game in the red and blue. Next time it's Lockhart or Bowey.

Weideman had a chance to stamp himself and he failed. I've lost patience with him. Ben Brown comes in because he plays the deck well, but also to releases McDonald and Jackson. 

Sparrow and Jones to come in and give us some extra midfield grunt and , especially as I don't think Viney will get up unfortunately. Reward Sparrows form and Jones to provide extra leadership and ball use going inside 50.

Edited by dazzledavey36
  • Like 1

I’ll never understand why we dropped Brown. I thought we was pretty good when he played. Jetta is out for good. I also thought we bought Jackson back too fast. We really need Salem back. Clarity in for sure. Wiederman is definitely out. Gawn should be warned if he doesn’t do better he’ll be dropped. 
Tmac, Kozzie, Tracc should stay but will have to train harder. 

Edited by Cassiew
  • Like 3
  • Shocked 1

7 hours ago, WERRIDEE said:

His last chance was tonight. Got to be dropped. Can't drop Fritsch even though he is a liability when he's not on his game.

I would agree with this, if you are an opposition team you would put a better defender on fritch than weid. If brown was playing instead, you put the better defender on brown instead of fritch. Thereby freeing fritch up somewhat.

As an aside, our leading patterns inside 50 stink big time

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, rpfc said:

Fritsch being omitted is ‘fanciful and ridiculous’?

Ignores first options, doesn’t get involved defensively, and he goes missing when the heat is up of late.

He has been worked out, I think he is on the bubble and it’s hardly Lord of the Rings...

I'm not commenting on whether I think he should be dropped or not, I'm saying there's no way the coaches will drop him. I'm not his biggest fan by any means.

Could be 4 changes

1 Most likely

Salem in. Jetta out. (presume Salem is fit) 

2 Probably

Sparrow in. Melksham out. (Melksham fitness would be 50/50) 

3 Possibly 

Weid out. BBrown in (depending on performance in todays Casey game) 

4 Fitness query - Viney (Potentially for Jordon) 

on the watchlist 

Fritsch

Spargo 

12 hours ago, leave it to deever said:

You might want to revist our lust because we dont have too many replacements.

Besides Jake Melksham will always get picked.

He was dropped last week. Didnt play in the seconds and hey presto hes back in.

I would drop Sam w. 

Hunt yes.

Jetts  but i fear we lack depth.

Melksham was in quite a bit of pain with a foot/ankle injury being taped on the sidelines in the last quarter.

Out: Jetta, Weid, Melksham,   

Too early to call on ins lets see who puts a hand up at Casey today. Reading this weeks pressers Salem expected, Viney not this week. 

I am torn between do we replace/retain Weid with Brown or bring in another runner and go back to TMac, Jackson, Fritsch surrounded by smalls, particularly on the fast deck of Marvel. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, —coach— said:

I would agree with this, if you are an opposition team you would put a better defender on fritch than weid. If brown was playing instead, you put the better defender on brown instead of fritch. Thereby freeing fritch up somewhat.

As an aside, our leading patterns inside 50 stink big time

this has been a weakness for years

• Like 1

I thought Max had a very ordinary game, placed the ball no where near our runners, looked tired and got in the way of our forwards

Said it last week he should have been rested this week prior to Bulldogs

12 minutes ago, Kent said:

I thought Max had a very ordinary game, placed the ball no where near our runners, looked tired and got in the way of our forwards

Said it last week he should have been rested this week prior to Bulldogs

Three times this year we've gone on quick scoring runs when Max was on the bench. I thought last night it was a mistake he came back into the ruck after only a couple of minutes, in which we kicked multiple goals, and sure enough the Crows then kicked 3 and won. Obviously I'm not blaming Max for the loss or saying he's not a great player, but that was poor coaching IMO as we were clearly on a run and the coaches changed the setup.

Edited by Lord Nev
  • Like 3

Is Treloar a definite out? I was out for dinner (and drowning my sorrows in much wine) so didn’t see the Dogs game. 
I know he was subbed off but have they said what the issue was?

Just now, Jaded said:

Is Treloar a definite out? I was out for dinner (and drowning my sorrows in much wine) so didn’t see the Dogs game. 
I know he was subbed off but have they said what the issue was?

Having scans today but the expectation is he will miss a few weeks.

English likely to be back for the Dogs though.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DubDee said:

Do people really think Brown instead of Weideman would have made a difference today? Weed at least put some pressure on unlike Brown would have. I’d keep the fwd line the same. 

Yep BB would Not have missed the sitter that Weid did from 35 out for a start

• Like 2

I actually can’t believe Tmac missed his set shot last night. He hasn’t missed those all year. So costly. 
And Fritsch’s set shot was an utter disgrace. Didn’t make the distance or even landed anywhere near the goals. They kicked accurately and won. Our woeful goal kicking is just another area that is starting to hurt us badly. 

• Like 5

14 hours ago, DeeSpencer said:

Spargo played his role as usual and was one of the few to hit a target, absolutely no chance he gets dropped.

Same goes for Petty and Hunt. If we had to reheat the ancient Jetta to find a 7th defender we aren't going to suddenly find 2 more in the next 6 days.

Found one! - Lockhart. 

He should have played instead of Jetta. Easy to say in hindsight, and was just as easy to say in foresight. 

• Like 2