GAMEDAY - Round 14

Josh

Not sure how to feel about this one. Have spent the last 2 weeks looking for the lid I'd flung a fair distance. The realist in me doesn't expect a win and for what it's worth I think that's ok. Finals was always the bench mark for me, not top 4.

Havig said that Friday night drinks demand blood.

Dee's by 40.

• Like 4

If Port play like they did last week I think we’ll win, if they play like they did v Tigers I think we’ll lose. I don’t think they’re as good as the media beat up but then again neither are we as we’ve beaten no one.

I was confident before I saw the changes, the outs I’m happy with but think we may be monstered down back. No small forward either on a potential dewy night, whereas I would’ve brought in Garlett. Should be one of the games of the year, go dees.

Edited by SFebey
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, SFebey said:

If Port play like they did last week I think we’ll win, if they play like they did v Tigers I think we’ll lose. I don’t think they’re as good as the media beat up but then again neither as we’ve beaten no one.

I was confident before I saw the changes, the outs I’m happy with but think we may be monstered down back. No small forward either on a potential dewy night, whereas I would’ve brought in Garlett. Should be one of the games of the year, go dees.

At least if we get monstered because of the ins we will have learnt a valuable lesson and ignore the fugazi and use it to inform our brand of football

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hells bells said:

Who are Port’s tall defenders?

Who will take Hogan?

Who will take TMAC?

I think the midfield battle will be even. But I think we can have a strong advantage in our forward line.

Get your backline Kingsley nominations in now!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

IMO whoever wins the midfield wins this.  I think their forward line is better than our backline sans Lever.

I think our foward line is better than their backline.  Although Jonas in helps.  Very underrated.

If we get smashed in the clearances like we have in the past two matches, I don't think we can prevent them from kicking a winning score.

15 minutes ago, BigFez said:

IMO whoever wins the midfield wins this.  I think their forward line is better than our backline sans Lever.

I think our foward line is better than their backline.  Although Jonas in helps.  Very underrated.

If we get smashed in the clearances like we have in the past two matches, I don't think we can prevent them from kicking a winning score.

Yep. I reckon we'll know in the first ten minutes on how often our midfield get hold of the ball.

• Like 1

I see we got Matthew Nicholls umpiring. Guessing he will find a few frees against Maxy. Clown.

We have been well backed - in from $2.50 to $2.30.

• Sad 1
  • Angry 2

Don't really understand the Tyson for Spargo change. 

We lose pressure in our forward half and haven't exactly addressed our lack or run/speed through the midfield. 

Yeh Tyson is in form but what have we done in regards to match ups? The run of Polec, Ebert and Motlop on the wings?  If Tyson plays wing I won't be happy. 

Essendon played it perfectly in the coaches box with match ups last night and sometimes I wonder whether Goodwin is too headstrong for his own good.  

I await with interest. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jaded said:

I think we'll lose by around 3-4 goals.

Hope I'm wrong.

We've looked all at sea since losing Lever, and our midfield has had a shocker the last 2 matches. 

I'm not sure he'd have been the difference vs Collingwood.

He's a big loss but we'll be fine.

Reckon we're a sneaky chance.  The first 15 minutes will tell us plenty - if we allow Port too much room and let them win it out of the middle then we're in big trouble.  Rectify this and put some pressure on and we can win it.

• Like 1

The ladder is frighteningly close.

If we lose and drop a decent chunk of % we will be right on the edge of the 8.

All the teams around us are playing bottomfeeders and are unlikely to lose.

12 minutes ago, Clintosaurus said:

I see we got Matthew Nicholls umpiring. Guessing he will find a few frees against Maxy. Clown.

We have been well backed - in from $2.50 to $2.30.

Biggest cheat in the game, hope he's reading, absolute dog of an umpire

1 hour ago, SFebey said:

If Port play like they did last week I think we’ll win, if they play like they did v Tigers I think we’ll lose. I don’t think they’re as good as the media beat up but then again neither are we as we’ve beaten no one.

Needed a mobile and recklessly aggressive biggie in the backline (Frosty), needed a small fwd in close such as Garlett but would love to see Kenty back, needed no interruption to Hibberd's game from the flanks so they put him against a mountain at CHB. Less confident but cannot say or think a Port win. Carna Dees. Weather will be clear at around 11 degC at start of game, not necessarily frosty or dewy. To all DL supporters attending the game: Have a blodyy gud noight. 

• Like 2

If we are asleep in the middle and around the contests like we were against the filth, port will win comfortably.

If we come to play, then we are a real chance.

Still not sure why Tyson was in. I hope his kicking is on tonight...

Big game.

Edited by DSP

12 minutes ago, SFebey said:

Biggest cheat in the game, hope he's reading, absolute dog of an umpire

To those who say umpires don't cheat according to AFL dogma: Take a look at the differential last night in the free kicks tally between West Coast and the Essendrug teams. Embarrassing differential and when and where these frees were plucked out of nowhere, and paid.  We are not in an even playing field folks.(On this count, it doesn't matter what that team actually is, it is just an overt indicator.)

• Like 3

Once upon a time season , there was a Friday night fixture featuring the Melbourne Football Club.  How unusual!

IMO both forward lines look to match up pretty well against their opposition, which means the game will most likely be won / lost around the stoppages and contests and through sheer work-rate.  We were poor in all of these areas against the Pies, and major improvements will be needed tonight if we are to challenge Port and take the proverbial 8 points that the media are talking about.  It will be tough, but I think we can win narrowly, if we bring the right attitude and team disciplines from the first bounce, and sustain them throughout the game.  

Another chance to firm up a spot in the top half of the eight is begging.  Restoration of personal and team pride should be screaming motivation for everyone who takes the field in red and blue tonight.  Let's prove once and for all to the football community that we are the real deal, and prove to the AFL that we are worthy of Friday night games.

................  and Fairy Tales can come true.  Last night's result proves that!