GAMEDAY - Round 11

1 hour ago, dees189227 said:

Th pies fans will pull out the injuries excuses. Never mind that we have been without our best ruckman and our best forward who was diagnosed with cancer. I may add. 

On "The Roar" the pre-game article states our outs are more significant due to their impact on structure.

It also has a bunch of stats that point to the fact that this year our midfield is matching or better than Collingwood's. Yet it's supposed to be 18th vs 1st in the midfield battle isn't it? Well stick that in your spreadsheet Champion Data!

Oh and the stats also prove both our forwards and backs are performing better than Collingwood's too.

Pumped, conifident, but looking at it Collingwood beat Sydney, and Sydney Beat North and North beat us.

So anything could happen haha.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

Poor old Bitter cant make it today and

....................... I have a feeling I'm going to regret it.

I'm tipping a win for the ages. A turning point. A season definer. A march to the finals ............. and any other cliché you care to add.

What your really trying to say is that it will be a jolly good flogging....

• Like 1

One thing we have to do is win the first quarter well. We have had to come from behind in most games and failed to do so in a few of them. Getting behind today with the Pies crowd urging them on and then possible rain, will be a hard ask.

Would love to see a huge Dees win, where we can relax watching and build more percentage.

Can't recall the last time I saw that live.

49 minutes ago, Maldonboy38 said:

At work until 4 today. Will try a sneak peak at the score but have to focus on my work (I wish!). Rarely missed the QB game in the past and we have had some good wins in the past 2 years.

I just can't see their forward line kicking enough goals, or their defence being able to hold back Garlett, Petracca, Watts and Co. 

And I hope they totally ignore Gav Brown's son, let him be highlighted by his ineffectiveness and obscurity. 

Ill never forget Watts debut against them, how they tried to intimidate and monster him.......I think the team should say hello.

• Like 2

As this dark day gets ever darker MFCSS gets worse by the moment.

Grant me the next three wins and no injuries and I may snap out of it.

Need a good win today to set us up for the next three rounds. Time to play some seriously good football.

• Like 3

Trying to set record on Foxtel app so I can go back an watch the slide shenanigans later on but I'm getting a "request failed, no available box to record"

Anyone familiar or experiencing the same?

37 minutes ago, Hell Bent said:

I expect us to be inspired by the presence of Neale Daniher in the rooms before the game. Similar to Jesse firing them up in Adelaide.

Just started drizzling here about 10ks SE of the G

same here 13k east, but short and has stopped

On my way to the G. Train is packed. Skies are grey and the temp is dropping by the min. Can see light rain on train windows.

Gonna be one of those classics today. Can feel it. Hopefully we can actually turn up for the first qtr of our biggest h&a game of the year. Track record at the G has been horrendous this year. Lets turn it around against the filth.

Go dees.

4 hours ago, Pates said:

I'm in the UK, luckily have the day off on Monday so I'll be able to watch it, but I am really struggling to get to sleep. I haven't been this excited about a queens birthday match in a long time. Really wish I was in Melbourne for this one!

Don't think I'll be sleeping too well tonight, probably play the worst case scenarios in my dreams!

Wont all the celebrations in the streets keep you awake? 

2 hours ago, dees189227 said:

Th pies fans will pull out the injuries excuses. Never mind that we have been without our best ruckman and our best forward who was diagnosed with cancer. I may add. 

My husband has been throwing that around for two weeks. Making excuses - this happens every time we play.

• Like 1

I'm backing track to love the occasion against the pies and get 25 touches and 5 goals 

Mitch hannan and Sam frost to keep up their good form 

dees by 4 points 

• Like 2

pies have a lot of outs, hopefully the dees do not see themselves as a shoe in as they have so often in the past lost when going in as a favourite. Need to go out there expecting to play a hard match against 22 opposition players all playing for their future. We need to win and win well.

13 minutes ago, Abe said:

I'm backing track to love the occasion against the pies and get 25 touches and 5 goals 

Mitch hannan and Sam frost to keep up their good form 

dees by 4 points 

I feel like last season Trac really enjoyed playing his first game against the club he grew up barracking for. Hopefully he plays with the same intensity in his second game against the pies.

Hope Salem and Lewis also really turn it on against their childhood clubs

Edited by mongrel

3 minutes ago, mongrel said:

I feel like last season Trac really enjoyed playing his first game against the club he grew up barracking for. Hopefully he plays with the same intensity in his second game against the pies.

Hope Salem and Lewis also really turn it on against their childhood clubs

hope pendles is distracted by dreams of his childhood club

• Like 1