GAMEDAY - Round 8

Tag Sloan

Stop Betts and co getting the ball  'out  the back' 

Keep Oscar from being dragged back to the goal square in a 1 on 1. Make sure Tex has a 30m force field around him so that Oscar can't go near him.

Manic pressure on ball carrier and we might, just might keep our record up of being ahead or equal in the last quarter.

3 minutes ago, BrisbaneDemon said:

If the Lions knock off the Hawks today, gee whiz I'll be ropeable all over again.....

I predict either Martin or Fitzpatrick will have a big say for the winner.

42 minutes ago, BrisbaneDemon said:

If the Lions knock off the Hawks today, gee whiz I'll be ropeable all over again.....

Lions 13 points down at quarter time. If we did that we would have won. 

52 minutes ago, america de cali said:

I predict either Martin or Fitzpatrick will have a big say for the winner.

Fitzpatrick's sole contribution has been to be a complete and utter potato.  Martin's just been quiet.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Lions 13 points down at quarter time. If we did that we would have won. 

Now Lions 2 points down in 2nd quarter. obviously came to play and not playing dumb skilless footy. 

I know the club couldnt forsee Watts role in the ruck....but we have been caught napping with our forwards. If Hogan is injured or suspended we have no players except for Wieds who I think is a fair way away from his best. I suppose Smith jnr was a bummer injury as well and T.Smith also but the latter I think was always a stop gap. Was Pedo the third tall? Have we have been exposed missing another big frwd,

3 minutes ago, leave it to deever said:

I know the club couldnt forsee Watts role in the ruck....but we have been caught napping with our forwards. If Hogan is injured or suspended we have no players except for Wieds who I think is a fair way away from his best. I suppose Smith jnr was a bummer injury as well and T.Smith also but the latter I think was always a stop gap. Was Pedo the third tall? Have we have been exposed missing another big frwd,

Hogan (injured)
Watts
Pedersen (needed in the ruck)
Weideman
Smith (injured)

How many clubs have 6 key forwards on their list?  It's why Pedersen was kept on the list, but as it happens all our rucks fell over too.  You can't mitigate against every possible risk on the list.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Nasher said:

Hogan (injured)
Watts
Weideman
Smith (injured)

How many clubs have 6 key forwards on their list?  

My opinion was we have 3 key frwds and not six...Hogan, Watts and Pedo....the latter who while consistent has never been great at booting many goals which leaves 2.....the others are not key frwds as yet in that they have very  little experience. Take watts and Hogan out of the frwd line which is what we have seen this year and we have not won.

We have been in a winning position in every game so far this season, and the same will be the case tonight. Our system is actually quite effective. It is the errors and decision making which kills us - that, and the 1 quarter where we switch off. 

We can't let Adelaide dominate us in the air, and our best kicks like Salem, Watts and Petracca have got to hit targets inside 50m. It could be ugly, but we aren't anywhere near favourites so this is when we play our best footy. 

• Like 3

Came over for the match...stunning day in Adelaide....will be in the Adelaide members tonight & looking forward to the Dees putting on a great show ....hoping for a win but pretty confident it won't get "ugly"

• Like 2

2 hours ago, stevethemanjordan said:

I'll be counting how many unforced errors both McDonald bros and Frost make that directly result in opposition scoring shots.  

Our mids will break even with theirs but I'll also watch closely the way in which we enter our forward 50. The quality of them.

These two things are always wildly inconsistent and are the two things that need addressing at season's end. 

Try this for a better evening Steve:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/food-and-drink/features/the-ultimate-eurovision-drinking-game/

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, leave it to deever said:

My opinion was we have 3 key frwds and not six...Hogan, Watts and Pedo....the latter who while consistent has never been great at booting many goals which leaves 2.....the others are not key frwds as yet in that they have very  little experience. Take watts and Hogan out of the frwd line which is what we have seen this year and we have not won.

Any club that loses its first KPF (Hogan) and then the reserve spare (Pedersen) is going to be down to development players or makeshift players from other positions. Show me any list that has two or more AFL-ready key position forwards kicking around in their reserves and I'll pay your argument.

44 minutes ago, Nasher said:

Hogan (injured)
Watts
Weideman
Smith (injured)

How many clubs have 6 key forwards on their list?  It's why Pedersen was kept on the list, but as it happens all our rucks fell over too.  You can't mitigate against every possible risk on the list.

No but the list could be better balanced and I'm sure it will over the next few years.

We have gone into the season with only 2 players (not including King coming back from knee and and Flip in development) over 200cm.

We don't have the flexibility to cover the loss of Max and Spence and it was a mistake whichever way you spin it...because we've had to use forwards to fill a gap and we don't have much there it makes the problem even worse.

4 minutes ago, Nasher said:

Any club that loses its first KPF (Hogan) and then the reserve spare (Pedersen) is going to be down to development players or makeshift players from other positions. Show me any list that has two or more AFL-ready key position forwards kicking around in their reserves and I'll pay your argument.

Hate to mention the dogs but they have it covered. 

Boyd, Redpath, Cloke, Crameri, Roughhead, Cordy, Adams, Campbell to name a few....

WC have and I haven't had a good think about other lists.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stevethemanjordan said:

I'll be counting how many unforced errors both McDonald bros and Frost make that directly result in opposition scoring shots.  

It now becomes evident why you fail to see their positives. 

Who is you favourite player Steve?  Count how many FU's he has. 

What a miserable way to follow footy. 

• Like 3

We are a young developing team!  Ahhhhh!  We have been the young developing team for over a decade now.  If I hear this again I will spew up!  I'm still very angry after last week.  Those losses will cost this club a seat in the top eight. 

Why is it always our young developing team. Huhh! Last time I looked TMac, Jones, Vince etc have done a few pre seasons between them.

Anyway, season over after last week.  Let's see tonight how much our young developing team gets touched up.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rjay said:

Boyd, Redpath, Cloke, Crameri, Roughhead, Cordy, Adams, Campbell to name a few....

Cordy and Adams are defenders. (Adams playing forward because of injury). Campbell is a ruckman. Boyd's best position is in the ruck. Crameri i would say is a mid sized forward rather than a KPF. 

1 hour ago, rjay said:

No but the list could be better balanced and I'm sure it will over the next few years.

We have gone into the season with only 2 players (not including King coming back from knee and and Flip in development) over 200cm.

We don't have the flexibility to cover the loss of Max and Spence and it was a mistake whichever way you spin it...because we've had to use forwards to fill a gap and we don't have much there it makes the problem even worse.

Hate to mention the dogs but they have it covered. 

WC have and I haven't had a good think about other lists.

I was going to cite Dogs depth,......Pedo as a back up frwd is not great as hes more of a utlilty player than a goal kicker

1 hour ago, Fifty-5 said:

Hey....that looks bloody sight less painful lol

1 hour ago, Deestar9 said:

Came over for the match...stunning day in Adelaide....will be in the Adelaide members tonight & looking forward to the Dees putting on a great show ....hoping for a win but pretty confident it won't get "ugly"

Drink heavily.

Start now

• Like 2

I think the coaching staff have been working very hard on Sam Jacobs and the Crows midfielders set ups, where he hits the ball and how they rotate. In my opinion, this is the most important aspect leading into each round until Gawn or Spencer get back.

We need to desperately understand this so our mids can get to work and shark as much ball as possible. It's the only way we stand a chance.