GAME DAY - Round 2, 2017

Josh

I'd be shocked if we lost today - in a year if what promises to be a great year of footy with the quality of the comp thus far - the teams that have stood out as the quality to watch are those that have had the composure to be down by a decent margin or had the wobbles and come back strongly (ala adelaide and bombers yesterday). Given we did the same last week, fully expect us to roll over the blues today and (touch wood) do more of the same for the remainder of the season.

17 minutes ago, Diamond_Jim said:

No upside in this game.

Win and we have beaten the wooden spooners. Win easily and some will say we were not tested. Win badly and ... well you know what will be said.

Lose and all hell will break loose.

Bring on 6pm and give me a 60 point lead at half time ... please

I think I get it D_J.   We want to 'raisehell' but not to let it 'break loose'.

If a team is a genuine finals contender then losing a very winnable game is unacceptable.  If we're switched on today, we'll win.  If not, we could lose.  However, I'm confident that Goodwin will have the team suitably motivated and we will win if that happens. 

Tactically,  Carlton don't have a lot of tricks and they don't have a great deal of talent either ... this game will be decided by which team wants it more.  If we gain a decent break on Carlton, I'd expect Goodwin to push a player or 2 back to stifle Carlton out of the game

Demons by 35 points.

This is one of the few times where I haven't been nervous before a game. The way we won last week was systematic and didn't involve a number of super-extraordinary performances to lift us over the line. 

I have great confidence in the repeatability of our performances at the moment. Well, as much as one can have after a single game after a decade of being awful!

• Like 4

I want 2-3 goals for every 1 goal that Carlscum manage to score. 

That is a fair assessment i think. 

Do a job on them Demons. I still remember those dark days when we played Home Games at Optus Oval to help pay for Elliot's sh!tbox Legends Stand and we were not allowed to put up our sponsors around the ground. 

I hate Carlscum as much as Essendrug 

the final straw was them signing Judd as a VISY ambassador 

Richard Pratt was a real piece of work

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

I want 2-3 goals for every 1 goal that Carlscum manage to score. 

That is a fair assessment i think. 

Do a job on them Demons. I still remember those dark days when we played Home Games at Optus Oval to help pay for Elliot's sh!tbox Legends Stand and we were not allowed to put up our sponsors around the ground. 

I hate Carlscum as much as Essendrug 

the final straw was them signing Judd as a VISY ambassador 

Richard Pratt was a real piece of work

You are a bitter, bitter man WYL.

1 hour ago, Nasher said:

Only 2 and a half long, painful hours to go.  

I've considered getting a life, but nah.

I like the later start time. Giving me time to stress extra about a loss. 

Up damned early with jet lag, waiting for the game to start.  The rowdy wedding party staying in the hotel up to shannanigans till well after 3 am are in for a shock when the first siren blasts through the hotel from my iPad as I settle in to watch this one.  Might even plug her into the telly for extra volume!

I have a sense that the team know about the up and down formline of the past.  Jordan Lewis was on the money - celebrate but move on.  We have to focus on what we do, and if the opposition are poor, just do it easier/better.  We were able to switch on after a crap first quarter and play our style last week, and that gives me great hope that they understand what they want to achieve in their game style and can execute.  That will give us a good win.  When we switched on last week, we kicked 10 of 13 goals.  X2 and that would be nice (20+ to 6).  Go dees.

• Like 1

Just now, Beetle said:

$10.10 for a pint in the MCC! Do they have any idea how inconvenient that 10 cent price hike is to a person??

it reminds me of Burger King at the airport when they went to $5.05 for a meal.

Thank heavens for plastic money these days

1 hour ago, PaulRB said:

Anyone else see the humour in Derwayne being behind a paywall?  

Not even worth the expense of 2 seconds of life spent bypassing it, let alone actually subscribing.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Nasher said:

Gee 15:20 is a balls starting time.  Feels like I'm sitting around all day waiting for it.

Guess Its all relative as im running late after train cancellation and will probably get thru the gates about half way thru the first with the train doing about 10kmh thru Glen Iris etc. Gotta love Melbourne's amazing  public transport system 

1 hour ago, Deemented Are Go! said:

Anyone know exactly where the scarf pick-up will be? I think there was a membership stand near gate 3 last year? 

Deemented i hope you have a very skinny neck. Im still wearing my 2006 version as the new ones are about as long as a giant hanky

Thing that bothers me is that they seem to match up pretty well on us. 

This game will be won & lost in the clearances, and while we should win them easily, it's not guaranteed.

Edited by Akum

Excellent pump-up by Fox Footy about the Dees at the start of the broadcast.

I got all choked up.

1 hour ago, Axis of Bob said:

This is one othe few times where I haven't . been nervous before a game. The way we won last week was systematic and didn't involve a number of super-extraordinary performances to lift us over the line. 

I have great confidence in the repeatability of our performances at the moment. Well, as much as one can have after a single game after a decade of being awful!

So i think you'rs saying your not that confident Bob?

1 hour ago, Chook said:

You are a bitter, bitter man WYL.

Not really Chook.  He is what  i would expect a long suffering MFC supporter would be....oh...wait. i take that back.... you are  correct!