Around The Grounds - ROUND 16

1 hour ago, Wiseblood said:

It's certainly better than watching Essendon, Richmond or Carlton playing on a Friday night.

Sure I heard this right....including this weekend there's only nine games left for the rest of the season involving top 8 sides playing each other. This week has cats v swans and Eagles v north. That leaves seven for the remainder of the season.

Unfortunately we're in for some ordinary viewing somewhere.

Edited by Bombay Airconditioning

Just now, Bombay Airconditioning said:

Sure I heard this right....including this weekend there's only nine games left for the rest of the season involving top 8 sides playing each other. This week has cats v swans and Eagles v north. That leaves seven for the remainder of the season.

except for the final 4 weeks, ba :lol:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bombay Airconditioning said:

Unfortunately we're in for some ordinary viewing somewhere.

Twelve before this round, ten left after this.

Geelong and North with 4 umps adjudicating are finally getting picked up on free kicks. Whether it be playing for them or shonky disposal or dirty tactics. Good to see especially with Brothers Grimm coaching. Umpires revenge it looks like. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, SaberFang said:

Always great to see Geelong lose, especially on their home deck.

All the funnier if Clark gets rubbed out by the MRP in his "inspiring" return game.

Was he out there? I watched the game and I honestly never saw him once.

3 hours ago, SaberFang said:

Always great to see Geelong lose, especially on their home deck.

All the funnier if Clark gets rubbed out by the MRP in his "inspiring" return game.

Allir in his third game towelled him up big time.   Looks a good pick up for the Swans.   

Yes, MRP should charge him with charging but almost certainly won't.  

5 hours ago, Chook said:

Was he out there? I watched the game and I honestly never saw him once.

It was his first game for the year and he's played very little football so he deserves to be cut some slack but he looked slow and out of place. I think the game has passed him by but he'll probably make a cameo appearance in round 23 and kick 6.

13 hours ago, Petraccattack said:

I pray the Cats miss the top 4, they wont win the flag from outside it. Go Swannettes

Good, then hope that both Scott brothers are eliminated in week one of the finals! :o

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 1

Hanger to Howe, 40m slight angle and doesn't make the distance. Still, he is getting a chance to play forward (I think).

Do GWS have a B plan? They're terrific on the break and when everything is going their way, but they seem pretty downhill skierish to me. Collingwood beating them. Spanked them in that quarter.

5 minutes ago, rjay said:

GWS started to play Smart a... footy in the 2nd Q and got C/wood back in the game.

Be interesting to see if they can turn it around.

Doesn't look like it

That condescending [censored] Derwayne on reflecting on the teams' relative performances this year of course said GWS even lost to Melbourne.  What a t0sser

• Like 5

Yeah, Dwayne said GWS' worst loss for the season was against us. Well, losing to Collingwood at home by 6+ goals is a disgusting effort from thess arrogant little twats.

• Like 2

And I felt GWS might be able to pinch a flag this year and certainly win a few finals. This performance is damning of GWS' leadership stocks. No deal this year.

Bloody Useless Waste OF Space GWS!!!  They can't even beat the Pies when they're supposed to. 

Looking at the stats on AFL.com, Grundy has gone head to head with Mumford and smashed him.  Great effort from the kid.  Take away their ruck dominance and GWS are vulnerable. 

• Like 1