Jake Carlisle

Whispering_Jack

It would be mighty funny if The US Feds handcuffed him at the airport before leaving

Why would you even consider filming yourself snorting a line of Blow when there is a WADA hearing within days??

And then you upload it onto the web!!!

Only the Aints would spend all of trade week fighting for this liability.

Wow.

The Family Club took a bit of interest,too.

A player doing coke in October is not really a big deal. Surely many players would be racking up discretely over the off season including some of our guys. I'd guess the number would be in the hundreds across the league. Only one of them was stupid enough to film a selfie of it. I would honestly consider it very close to the stupidest thing a footballer has ever done off the field, particularly when he was in the middle of changing employers.

• Like 2

A player doing coke in October is not really a big deal. Surely many players would be racking up discretely over the off season including some of our guys. I'd guess the number would be in the hundreds across the league. Only one of them was stupid enough to film a selfie of it. I would honestly consider it very close to the stupidest thing a footballer has ever done off the field, particularly when he was in the middle of changing employers.

given there is only about 750 players on all afl lists i think "hundreds" doing coke in the off season might be a bit of an exaggeration

• Like 3

Smart move to cut his trip early to come home and face the music. Nick Riewoldt will tell him a few home truths and about the club. He'd be filthy. So he hasn't even set foot in the club and he's on notice already.

As well as the Essendrug charges still pending

Thing that gets me is Luke Hodge, a poster boy for fhe game, a club captain gets caught drink driving which kills how many people on our roads each year and everyone lets it slide fairly easy... A bloke snorts a line of rack and it's the end of the world, yes drugs are illegal but is a bloke doing a line of coke compared to some driving under the influence of alcohol more of a danger and a worse scenario ? I know which one has holds graver consequence. Yes drugs kills thousands of people each year but that's a different argument. People (mainly media) need to get this into perspective

Edited by JV7
  • Like 6

Thing that gets me is Luke Hodge, a poster boy for fhe game, a club captain gets caught drink driving which kills how many people on our roads each year and everyone lets it slide fairly easy... A bloke snorts a line of rack and it's the end of the world, yes drugs are illegal but is a bloke doing a line of coke compared to some driving under the influence of alcohol more of a danger and a worse scenario ? I know which one has holds graver consequence. Yes drugs kills thousands of people each year but that's a different argument. People (mainly media) need to get this into perspective

Ahhh the old booze alternative argument!!!! Never ceases to amaze me that illegal drugs versus booze debate surfaces every time a dumb ass footballer gets caught.

I would like to know the statistics on drugged drivers versus drunk drivers in a drug soaked Australia!!!! It a national shame on both fronts.

Wow I missed the story but am just reading about it on the net. So did he post it to a friend as has been reported and if so what a dumb arse. I mean in todays social media world of course it will get out Don't the AFL players PA and the players have an agreement there is to be no testing on illicit drugs on there time off? I may be wrong.

If it turned out to be him and his mates have sold it what great friends he has.

I bet the saints are on the phone right now asking some questions. This is where the confidential part in the drugs policy is wrong. I mean if this turns out to true and he gets a strike imagine if he was sitting on 2?

I know this isnt illegal but also wasnt he seen smoking this season around the place and not really hiding it. I know its not a big deal but that would affect your fitness.

Apologies - nothing personal - but are you really naïve enough to believe that the three strikes policy is anything but window dressing? Seriously? They had to say they were onto it....thats all

Edited by monoccular
  • Like 1

Ahhh the old booze alternative argument!!!! Never ceases to amaze me that illegal drugs versus booze debate surfaces every time a dumb ass footballer gets caught.

I would like to know the statistics on drugged drivers versus drunk drivers in a drug soaked Australia!!!! It a national shame on both fronts.

I heard on Riverina radio recently that something like 1 in 3 randomly tested drivers in (I think it was) Griffith, were positive for "recreational" or performance un-enhancing prescription drugs.

That is drugs that seriously impair one's ability to drive safely and keep innocent bystanders safe.

Bloody scary, IMO.

• Like 2

I have never understood why Hodge is regarded as a good bloke. His thuggery on Wingard scarcely rated a mention. Sniper.

• Like 1

I have never understood why Hodge is regarded as a good bloke. His thuggery on Wingard scarcely rated a mention. Sniper.

i think it's something common to good players, their thuggery is generally glossed over or praised by the media especially if they get on with the media and make themselves available

the more average you are or the more uncooperative to the press the more they will savage you

• Like 2

Well, I just got pointed to instagram and Jake Melksham's profile and I can tell you, Saints aren't the only ones with ex-Bomber problems.

There are picture up of him at a party, wearing skimpy speedos. I really hope our leadership group has the strength to bring him under control.

I mean, they were really skimpy and I'm not sure the Australian community is ready to forgive this.

Ah hell, it gets worse. He took one of those selfies where you lean to the side with the leaning tower of Pisa in the background. I hope Jones can get in touch with him before he takes a photo pretending to eat the Eiffel Tower.

• Like 1

Well, I just got pointed to instagram and Jake Melksham's profile and I can tell you, Saints aren't the only ones with ex-Bomber problems.

I posted yesterday words to the same effect but removed it after having reservations about the reliability of my source. My mate, who is an ardent Dons supporter, said he knew of three EFC players who used illicit drugs. He gave me only one name (no longer at the Dons). That was two weeks ago.

Given the area in which my mate works, as well as Carlisle being outed, gives some credibility to his claim.