• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

POST MATCH DISCUSSION - Round 10

Demonland

Was really impressed with toumpas today, what a lot of people don't realise is in addition to gathering 20 odd touches he also tagged steele Sidebottom and did a bloody good job of it!

I know he made some silly mistakes, like most players today, but his overall performance was quite good. Seems to be improving each week...

Hes slowly building and he will be a nice player, maybe even very good.

• Like 2

First game I've seen live in ages and I'm glad I did. What I noticed is that when we made errors was that it was it was amazingly obvious that it was going to happen, as there were no options upfield, and the close options were closed up, forcing us in to either a very difficult kick or a handball to someone stationary. I thought we lost today not due to poor skills but because we don't instinctively mobilise for attack when we cause turnovers. When we went long, 43 for Collingwood (Oxley?) picked us off. That makes the skills look poor but I think its more of an effect than the cause. Jimmy T is the biggest victim of this.

Thought Aidan Riley was good. Don't know how much of the ball he saw but he was clean with it and menacing without.

Thought Benny Newton added nothing. Riley and Matt Jones are both ahead of him for mine.

That Fitzy throw was the most amazing thing I have ever seen in a footy game. WTAF? Was clearly a panicked action, but, wow.

Travis Cloke is a way better player than I thought. We had no answer.

The Collingwood supporters around me don't know the rules (calling "ball" on literally every single tackle) and the MFC supporters around me aren't up with the nuances of the modern game, with their "just kick it" calls and muttering whenever a chain of handballs started; even though they generally lead to something good.

• Like 2

Out: M Jones, A Riley, Fitzpatrick

In: Dawes, Tyson, ANB

Out: M Jones, A Riley, Fitzpatrick

In: Dawes, Tyson, ANB

Dawes to do what exactly?

• Like 1

The result was disappointing but performance was encouraging. So many little areas to tighten up on, but we (a) scored goals in bunches without having to scrap one or two a quarter, and (b) fought back from a potential shellacking twice. Chin up boys. A lot of upside from that. Plus it was pretty entertaining, except for the final score. Can't say that about a lot of games in the last X years.

• Like 3

So based off the post match presser it sounds like Daniel Cross should've manned up with Oxley as he was the free down our end?

If his not listening to team instructions to rack up easy possessions instead then it costed us the game.

Edited by olisik

Was really impressed with toumpas today, what a lot of people don't realise is in addition to gathering 20 odd touches he also tagged steele Sidebottom and did a bloody good job of it!

I know he made some silly mistakes, like most players today, but his overall performance was quite good. Seems to be improving each week...

No... he didn't. Cross tagged Sidebottom.

• Like 3

Does that mean Toumps was the spare who should've taken Oxley

No he wasn't. He played in the backline on a number of opponents. Anyways, not to be a hater, I don't think today was a step up for him at all. He turned it over way too many times. It's all between the ears.

Edited by Moneider96

So refreshing listening to Roos & Buckley & then Tom McDonald. Buckley thought our midfield won the day & yes Oxley should have Been manned up.....the instructions were given....not followed. So easy for angry supporters to blame the coach...weak really. McDonald was filthy on himself .....basically said it was his worse game ever & guess what....it happens. Too many silly mistakes....but loads of effort & we're slowly getting some players back .....so hopefully we put in a winning performance next week.

• Like 2

.but loads of effort & we're slowly getting some players back .....

Not if we lose Vanders and Viney we aren't

Anyone know if the Saints got any injuries on the weekend, or is our opponent going to be lucky as hell like every other week?

Not if we lose Vanders and Viney we aren't

Anyone know if the Saints got any injuries on the weekend, or is our opponent going to be lucky as hell like every other week?

Vanders is certain to miss, still waiting on the rumours about Viney. He ran out the game ok so if he has in fact got a fractured leg then he is one tough cookie.

If he was alert it would have been an easy mark, terrible effort.

ah, something else to add to the dossier - Watts is not "alert"!

Well spotted Bikkie - those half-lidded eyes, dopey sluggish movement round the ball, snail-slow reflexes: dumb as a block of wood, of course! Sheesh, when will Roos get it?!!

I only watched the third quarter and bits and pieces of the others. I live overseas and thus had work, this really is one day on the calendar where I really miss living in Australia.

1. Gus was absolutely scintillating in that third quarter and was apparently just as good in the second? Boy oh boy. Thanks Chip!

2. I laughed when Fitzy kicked a regulation goal and Bruce exclaimed "I can see him playing 150 games of AFL." Nek minnit, tunnel ball. I like Fitzy but 150 is a lot of games. He has a long way to go. He beat Jesse White though.

3. I'm pretty sure 21 touches is a career high for Toumpas. Yeah he is a bit weak in the contest and yeah he should take the game on a bit more, but he's improving. His first kick, most players would have kicked it out on the full. But it was pinpoint. Not many players can do that. I can see a bit to work with.

4. Travis Cloke. How the heck does he manage to kick 7.0? I swear to God he did the exact same thing to us a few years back (on Rivers). And Tarrant before him. What is it with wayward Collingwood forwards killing us every [censored] time.

5. Bernie Vince is one of the most underrated players in the competition. Gets the ball, attacks the ball, tags, kicks goals. Good clubman. What's not to love? Thanks Col!

• Like 8

It was great to see Watts get angry at Varcoe and having to be lifted off by team mates!

Hope that aggression comes out more in future.

• Like 2

Disappointed to have lost, but a decent response after the week before.

Same old story though: indecision, turnovers, poor skills/execution - including from some of our better players. Seems like Viney gives away a goal a match with a miskick. But, slowly but surely, there's improvement in there. Let's not forget we only managed 3 goals in this round last year.

At the moment though, we just don't have the depth to have players out: Salem, Tyson, maybe Dawes, have the ability to make a difference, but then throw in likely starters like Kent, JKH, Frost, etc., not to mention Petracca and Trengove. Feel that it's those last 4 or 5 players picked who are the difference between being more seriously competitive, and being frustratingly close. Not to mention, those bottom 4 or 5, really expose the 4 or 5 just above them, and then it just all falls in a heap.

• Like 3

OK Kalli I had a look at the latest injury list and if you look at top 22 players out injured for the top teams, well I will stand by my "rubbish" statement. The Hawks, Freo, The Pies yes they have a few out, not many would be in the top 22 and a lot are in test mode, that is missed a week or so but ready to come back when necessary.

garbage

I only watched the third quarter and bits and pieces of the others. I live overseas and thus had work, this really is one day on the calendar where I really miss living in Australia.

1. Gus was absolutely scintillating in that third quarter and was apparently just as good in the second? Boy oh boy. Thanks Chip!

2. I laughed when Fitzy kicked a regulation goal and Bruce exclaimed "I can see him playing 150 games of AFL." Nek minnit, tunnel ball. I like Fitzy but 150 is a lot of games. He has a long way to go. He beat Jesse White though.

3. I'm pretty sure 21 touches is a career high for Toumpas. Yeah he is a bit weak in the contest and yeah he should take the game on a bit more, but he's improving. His first kick, most players would have kicked it out on the full. But it was pinpoint. Not many players can do that. I can see a bit to work with.

4. Travis Cloke. How the heck does he manage to kick 7.0? I swear to God he did the exact same thing to us a few years back (on Rivers). And Tarrant before him. What is it with wayward Collingwood forwards killing us every [censored] time.

5. Bernie Vince is one of the most underrated players in the competition. Gets the ball, attacks the ball, tags, kicks goals. Good clubman. What's not to love? Thanks Col!

Do you live on Philip Island?

Hes slowly building and he will be a nice player, maybe even very good.

Do you think he might be able to speed up a little I don't have a lot of years to wait.
  • Like 2