FAREWELL JEREMY HOWE

What

This is the way of the world these days SWYL........Players are only loyal while they have a contract.

All clubs and players will do what is right for them.....It's a me me me me world these days.

I don't blame them....It's just the way it is.

Not when it is done behind the clubs back it isn't

We were still paying his wage....He was NEVER a Free Agent so i believe Buckley has over stepped the mark

We had a better deal lined up with Gold Coa$t...But were forced into not using it...

• Like 3

Well. Well. The HS is reporting: "Howe will play for around $350,000 a year on a three-season deal".

That is even less than we were said to have offered him.

Such a come down from the $600+ his manager was touting!

So he will play for the AFL average salary (excluding rookies and draftees).

He has been bedazzled by the pizzazz that Eddie and co talk up.

Can't help but think Howie has made a big mistake going to the pies.

Anyway, he is gone: an average salary for an average player.

The average salary is around $280,000 - my understanding. And I believe we offered him as much (up to $300K/season). Which is a more than adequate offer for his minor returns on the footy field. His manager was spruiking and wanting up to ~$600K - which the Dees rightly weren't prepared to offer him based on his football returns.

He's chosen Collingwood for this ^ reported offer you've posted. If true, he's walked for not much more and to fulfil his childhood dream. Whatever the case he can GAGF if that was he and his managers intention to get to Collingwood by shafting us.

Looks pleased as punch in his Collingwood interviews and press conference. Meh, good riddance.

What is it about departing players that they feel the need to give subtle parting shots, like emphasising they are moving to a club that "demands high standards", as though they are moving from a club that doesn't. So classless.

As a side note, they get daily trade wraps on Collingwoodtv. That'd be nice.

• Like 3

Demand high standards these overpaid pussys can't help themselves he's won 21 out of 101 games it's a wonder most of our good players are still there, how can he play forward when he can't kick Straight .

Eddie McChins would be screaming from the front page of every rag in town if the reverse had occurred

exactly...A player who once again put himself in cruise control during the season & then held the club to ransom forcing us to take a much more average deal

We should have been able to deal with GC & get our deal done and then The Filth can bargain with GC for Howe

This whole trade farce is getting worse....Not a word from the AFL

Bloody Angry.

• Like 2

Looks pleased as punch in his Collingwood interviews and press conference. Meh, good riddance.

What is it about departing players that they feel the need to give subtle parting shots, like emphasising they are moving to a club that "demands high standards", as though they are moving from a club that doesn't. So classless.

As a side note, they get daily trade wraps on Collingwoodtv. That'd be nice.

Howe can get stuffed!!! Was given games all year when he just coasted knowing he was going to the Pies. We rid ourselves of a very selfish footballer.....his disrespect for the MFC says more about him as a person.

It's a pity our club still does not have the balls to deal with the likes of Howe. He should have been playing in the magoos.

His manager's style is straight out of "Flight of The Concords" or like George Costanza negotiating their TV show.

What a joke.

Thanks Howey for your efforts

Good luck at Scumsville

I wont miss his awful kicks after a mark, looking forward to the pies fans seeing that too... How embarrassed must he be, passing himself off as a $600k player and settling for just over half that. All that coasting he did with us this year really helped to lower his value..

• Like 1

Couldn't give a rats tossbag he's gone, very average player who very occcasionally did something spectacular, same as Natanui, media have orgasms over them doing 3 things a year

Im married into a large mic family. 99% all filth.

Out of curiosity i pm'd those who are footy savvy and "congratulated" them on their acquisition.

Strangely none...NONE were gloating. Some rather perplexed at their clubs excitement. A couple even offered we got the better and Kennedy should prove a solid, if not remarkable, player.

I get ragged a lot by this lot as well as my Maggie mates. Not one , not a single one is mocking me.

Bizarre

• Like 3

Out of curiosity i pm'd those who are footy savvy and "congratulated" them on their acquisition.

Strangely none...NONE were gloating. Some rather perplexed at their clubs excitement. A couple even offered we got the better and Kennedy should prove a solid, if not remarkable, player.

I get ragged a lot by this lot as well as my Maggie mates. Not one , not a single one is mocking me.

Bizarre

"Revenge for Dawes"? :):lol:

• Like 3

Its understandable that we all feel let down by the way Howe has handled the year.

But he was our leading goal kicker in 2013 (28 I think) - a year where our forwards were starved of i50's.

He will be getting plenty of supply at the pies so I'm one who thinks he will do well.

I wouldn't be surprised if he kicks 30 - 40 goals for them if he plays as a permanent forward.

I certainly won't enjoy seeing it.

Edited by Lucifer's Hero

Bizarre

Roos likes solid, if not remarkable, players. They tend to form part of a good team.

• Like 2

I loved watching him get mark of the year every week, but after that the cupboard was pretty bare. Maybe he will learn some team ethic at Collingwood; maybe he won't. Doesn't really matter. I'm happy that the focus is less 'Look at me do something tricky' and more on guys that just think 'That's my bloody ball! Give it back'.

Edit bare, not rare

Edited by Uncle Fester

Its understandable that we all feel let down by the way Howe has handled the year.

But he was our leading goal kicker in 2013 (28 I think) - a year where our forwards were starved of i50's.

He will be getting plenty of supply at the pies so I'm one who thinks he will do well.

I wouldn't be surprised if he kicks 30 - 40 goals for them if he plays as a permanent forward.

Maybe, but we can't keep him on our list just to stop him scoring 40 goals for the pies.

Doesn't matter if he wins a Brownlow next year, he was going nowhere on our list and needed to be replaced for our club to progress.

• Like 1

Excuse me?

I don't think he was handled poorly. He didn't set the forward line on fire and Roos tried to salvage something for him back. He played his best games back but makes mistakes and you can't have a HBF that makes mistakes - they are there to kick it so McDonald does that less.

So, yeah, I don't fell let down by the club...

• Like 2