WELCOME TO THE MELBOURNE FOOTBALL CLUB - MITCHELL WHITE

The Red Fox

14 minutes ago, ickey_11 said:

Garland will probably come back this week in for Oscar

Would rather Dunn, he adds more penetration with his kicking and I could see him being a good matchup for Membrey or Bruce.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Django said:

Would rather Dunn, he adds more penetration with his kicking and I could see him being a good matchup for Membrey or Bruce.

White will match up on Membrey...forget Dunn and Garland.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rjay said:

White will match up on Membrey...forget Dunn and Garland.

White 188cm 88kg......the chinese would just love those figures.  Wagner 189c, 81kg.  Membrey 188cm 90kg 

yep White looks the man. got a better leap than Wagner and matches Membrey better in the weight dept.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Django said:

Not sure this is the best idea. HIs last game was against the same opponent at the same venue, and it looked as though the coaching staff didn't know where to hide him. Ended up going forward; looked like a shot duck, unable to fit into a new style of play. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, stevethemanjordan said:

Exactly the type of player we need playing weekly.

He impacts every contest he is at and refuses to be beaten. 

Spoils really aggressively and plays with a lot of intensity.

Plays taller like Wagner and possesses great skills also.

I can't see how Garland is going to crack back in unless injury strikes or he completely changes the way he plays.

Got turned inside out by Ballantine but otherwise a good game. Should have bodied him over the line. A lot of our defenders let players run along the boundary rather than body them over the line. I have seen Wagner and OMac do it, even TMac. I wish they would be unsociable and crunch them over the line whenever possible. It has cost us a few goals this year..

Edited by jnrmac
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, daisycutter said:

White 188cm 88kg......the chinese would just love those figures.  Wagner 189c, 81kg.  Membrey 188cm 90kg 

yep White looks the man. got a better leap than Wagner and matches Membrey better in the weight dept.

Just a shame we don't play man on man defence!

It's all about the zone and we have to stop the ball coming in there quickly...

• Like 1

Both Dunn and Garland are finished. Dunn simply doesn't follow the plan. It's so obvious as he yet again bombs it long whilst ignoring team mates. Garland isn't best 25 anymore. Both solid servants of the club but average players at best

Edited by Roost It

On 12/14/2014 at 9:32 AM, picket fence said:

No anger, just becoming tired of some posters using every opportunity to pump up the tyres of Jimmy Toumpas, therefore totally sabotaging a thread about a new Draftee!

Ok I'll play and say again if people want to project the virtues of a player who has been on our list for two seasons and done sweet fanny adams, they then can put up with my own interpretation of continuing to doubt, No make that have severe doubt that the player mentioned is better than a Rank Rookie pick as selected.

There you go! Take it or leave it!

So back to Mitchell White and from his highlights package I have ascertained the following, forget my sources, this is my own appraisal!

• Has a Rapier left foot
  • Has a low centre of gravity in core which means he won't be easily brushed aside
  • Can kick a goal and on his non preferred foot
  • Reads the play very well
  • Plays taller than his height suggests and takes well judged marks
  • Not frightened wins his own ball and finds space through traffic
  • Seems to have that sixth sense about player movement around him, therefore buying time for excellent disposal
  • That will do for now and I further predict that when Trengove is placed on the LTI list for this season this bloke will become a senior player.

So in summation, if posters want to dish it up mess up a thread with frivolous comprimises concerning other players then expect me to return fire!

No anger just business!

Well done Mitchell White I hope you become a household name among the MFC Faithful!

I posted this several years ago and I think I was and still am "On the money" And as also previously said Mitch White is indeed a quality perosn!! By the way Jimmy Who?? Where is that guy now??

Edited by picket fence
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, jnrmac said:

that's true up to a point, jnr. i'm sure though each defender has a nominated opponent to pick up when the game situation dictates it

or don't you think match-ups play any part in the coach's planning and instructions?

42 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

that's true up to a point, jnr. i'm sure though each defender has a nominated opponent to pick up when the game situation dictates it

or don't you think match-ups play any part in the coach's planning and instructions?

It didn't in the first game we played the Saints!

16 hours ago, Tim said:

Not sure this is the best idea. HIs last game was against the same opponent at the same venue, and it looked as though the coaching staff didn't know where to hide him. Ended up going forward; looked like a shot duck, unable to fit into a new style of play. 

Pretty fair point, Tim. That performance slipped my mind and it does appear that Dunn and Garland have been surpassed by Wagner, White etc. I can't help still having a soft spot for Lynden Dunn though.

• Like 2

It was a good game of footy from him, but Freo were so bad in most parts of the game it is really hard to rate how he played. He is a better mark and interceptor than I tnought he would be and is a good size to play on the chunky, mid sized forward. Wagner will come back in but I hope White stays in so we can get a better look. St. Kilda aren't a great team but they are very quick, so we will should get a better understanding of his strengths and weaknesses.  

3 hours ago, jnrmac said:

2 games for 2 wins from Mitch. I'd say his 100% strike rate will keep him in the team :)

And we buried hoodoos in both games -  Etihad hodooo and the Darwin/Freo hoodoo.

And we have another big one to break this week. Mitch will spit on another curse.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, jnrmac said:

If we play man on man defence we have no where the offence we currently have. It would essentially take us back to scoring 5-6 goals a game and trying to stop the opposition kicking more!

On 11 July 2016 at 10:54 AM, ickey_11 said:

Garland will probably come back this week in for Oscar

How far away from return from injury is der Valkerie kid?

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
On 3 December 2014 at 4:40 PM, dazzledavey36 said:

Highlights are up.

Wowee his kicking is seriously good! I know they are only highlights but its obvious his kicking is his main strength and also his courage.

Watching that reminded me so much of Luke Hodge.

Solid lad too.

He's very hodge like ain't he , great foot skills!!

Don't want to be critical of the bloke but his performance was exactly what I expected. He is not AFL standard & we are a worse side with him in it, he's turnovers were horrendous.. He doesn't even look like an AFL footballer, looks heavy & slow and his so called elite kicking was non existent

• Like 2

Easy to pour it on him.

He was not too bad.

Good in the air and went in hard on the ground.

Not the worst.

Needs a tan and a haircut.