WELCOME TO THE MELBOURNE FOOTBALL CLUB - HERITIER LUMUMBA

Moonshadow

But as people have mentioned his disposal is questionable.

Compared to what?

His 2014 Disposal Efficiency was just over 78%. Not too shabby, and would put him in our top handful. FWIW, Nathan Jones' average was 73.4%, Jack watts 80%, Bernie Vince 64.6% ...

Speaking of stats, for this season from the Collingwood site (washed my hands afterwards):

"He was a consistent performer ... winning 20 or more disposals in eight games, ranking fifth at the club for total disposals (420), first for rebound 50s (63), fifth for inside 50s (62) and second for bounces (25). Lumumba has been remarkably consistent when it comes to winning the footy in recent years. He won 420 disposals in 2014. In 2013, he won 424, while in 2011 he won 420. In fact, he has won between 402 and 424 disposals in five of his past six seasons."

You'd have to wonder how many others on our back line would get a game at Collingwood, yet alone have stats like that.

Speaking of stats, hidden away amongst his achievements, in 2009 he won Collingwood's Best Clubman award.

Welcome to the Dees HL. Just don't believe what you read in the papers.

• Like 11

Compared to what?

His 2014 Disposal Efficiency was just over 78%. Not too shabby, and would put him in our top handful. FWIW, Nathan Jones' average was 73.4%, Jack watts 80%, Bernie Vince 64.6% ...

Speaking of stats, for this season from the Collingwood site (washed my hands afterwards):

"He was a consistent performer ... winning 20 or more disposals in eight games, ranking fifth at the club for total disposals (420), first for rebound 50s (63), fifth for inside 50s (62) and second for bounces (25). Lumumba has been remarkably consistent when it comes to winning the footy in recent years. He won 420 disposals in 2014. In 2013, he won 424, while in 2011 he won 420. In fact, he has won between 402 and 424 disposals in five of his past six seasons."

You'd have to wonder how many others on our back line would get a game at Collingwood, yet alone have stats like that.

Speaking of stats, hidden away amongst his achievements, in 2009 he won Collingwood's Best Clubman award.

some sense, AGAIN!

i-love-you-horrible-expression.gif

I dont want him Bad mistake Adds very little for the future Got caught all the time this year one trick doesnt work any more

I think we wil regret this but hey thats what the MFC do. BTW did any other club want him ? Come on down Harry O meet the guys enjoy your time here dont have to work too hard here.

Come and join the softest club in town you will fit right in.

Mistake imo.

Edited by jackaub

Hope he and Grimes work out how to run forward with the ball.

The lateral movement isn't doing it for me.

With 2 doing it, they might collide.

Yeah but Collingwood want overs for everyone. Already they're trying to screw the Queensland clubs to the wall over the Beams deal and the poor bloke just wants to get back to his family.

They have to start being reasonable about it or no one will want to deal with them.

Brisbane are the ones being unreasonable in that situation. Pick 4 for a 24 yo mid who has proven he can perform up there with the best in the comp? We wouldn't accept that for Jones so I completely understand why the Pies wouldn't accept that for Beams.

• Like 1

I dont want him Bad mistake Adds very little for the future Got caught all the time this year one trick doesnt work any more

I think we wil regret this but hey thats what the MFC do. BTW did any other club want him ? Come on down Harry O meet the guys enjoy your time here dont have to work too hard here.

Come and join the softest club in town you will fit right in.

Mistake imo.

North were desperate for his services and are believed to be upset that he chose us.

West Coast all showed interest.

He should be easy enough to get via a trade.

If Mitch decides to go to Collingwood, straight swap.

If Micth decides to go to Geelong: Clark to Geelong, Taylor Hunt & the Cats 3rd round pick to Collingwood, the player formerly known as Harry O to us.

He should be easy enough to get via a trade.

If Mitch decides to go to Collingwood, straight swap.

If Micth decides to go to Geelong: Clark to Geelong, Taylor Hunt & the Cats 3rd round pick to Collingwood, the player formerly known as Harry O to us.

Wont Collingwood be asking for special assistance as well?

Compared to what?

Far too rational a post for Demonland.

Someone ban this squib.

I'm happy that a player with some value has named us as his target club. I'm not sure I'm comfortable throwing large $$'s at him (which we will be), but he will be a decent improvement upon Terlich on a HBF or M.Jones (when he wasn't tagging) on a wing.

As others have said, a 2nd rounder or straight swap for Clark would be about the right price. He has said he wants out and has named us as his preferred club (has he said he will deal only with us?), those drop his value a bit. We gave 23 for Bernie who wanted to stay in Adelaide last year, would think somewhere between 27-32 would be fair under the circumstances.

Throwing it out there:

Pick 23 for Jarryd Lyons and pick 30, pick 30 for Lamumba. Turns pick 23 in to Lamumba + Lyons.

ill bite, if we play hogan in the back line who is our real ff? lol
Do some people think he will be played down back? I have heard people suggest it, but i dismissed out pretty quickly.

He's been a forward for much of his career to date, rated as the best young forward out of the last 2 years drafts (last year).

2nd best. Daniher is the best KPF drafted in the last few years. Most respected recruiters will tell you the same - look up KnightMare's/ Emma Quayle's rankings if you want references.

Good trainer- tick

Good runner- tick

Two things almost our entire squad hasn't had for 8 years now.

We've had plenty of good trainers/ runners - just none who back it up with AFL level performances. Nicholson/ Bail/ T.Mcdonald are all elite runners.

I'd love to see his overall stats in terms of kicking efficiency. Reckon his kicking is underrated.

Agree with everything else too. Would make us much, much better in so many ways.

Compared to what?

In 2014 Jack Grimes went at 78% efficiency, Dean Terlich went at 76.4% efficiency. Both players play a similar role and have been canned on this board for their disposal. That's the comparison.
It's worth looking at how disposal efficiency is calculated. Grimes' and Terlich's efficiency is probably inflated due to the amount of short sideways kicks. Lamumba's is probably inflated due to the amount of times he bombs it long (a kick over 40m to a 50/50 or better is an effective disposal).

Given that Harry nominated us and the pies want Harry out we should offer a late second rounder at best. If pies don't like that then we'll take him in the draft where ex players go. If Collingwood want Clark they can bid with Geelong for him- if Clark really cares about our compensation and truly doesn't mind where his fresh start tajes place then he'll go wherever we sen him.

Isn't Lamumba contracted?

If last years trade and draft period are a template, I reckon Heritier is equivalent to our recruiting of Cross, solid reliable experienced player with the right attitude.

A good pick up.

Except Cross didn't cost us anything. Lumumba is going to cost us pick 21. Massive difference.

Compared to what?

Poor comparison. Jones's disposals are generally contested. Lumumba's are generally uncontested. 4.6% higher effective disposal is pretty ordinary in that context.

• Like 1

We traded pick 23 for Vince. Don't see anyone complaining about that. Trading out 2nd round picks for experienced B-grade talent is exactly what we need to keep doing.

Agree SS.

People can argue all they want about Harry L's value but facts are the MFC dosen't have enough experienced talent. Harry might not be perfect but he'll fill a hole

• Like 3

Our pick 21 may be used on Lumumba which will then allow us to pick up Stretch with our third rounder. We don't know for sure, but clubs may nominate Billy before our 2nd pick will have forced us to use pick 21. I don't mind using this on Lumumba and then nabbing Stretch with a third rounder.

Our pick 21 may be used on Lumumba which will then allow us to pick up Stretch with our third rounder. We don't know for sure, but clubs may nominate Billy before our 2nd pick will have forced us to use pick 21. I don't mind using this on Lumumba and then nabbing Stretch with a third rounder.

Its not the way it works Juzz

Agree SS.

People can argue all they want about Harry L's value but facts are the MFC dosen't have enough experienced talent. Harry might not be perfect but he'll fill a hole

Yes, if we dont trade the 2nd round pick means we have to draft a kid that may show nothing for a few years. We desperately need experienced and reliable players ATM.

Except Cross didn't cost us anything. Lumumba is going to cost us pick 21. Massive difference.

Poor comparison. Jones's disposals are generally contested. Lumumba's are generally uncontested. 4.6% higher effective disposal is pretty ordinary in that context.

I doubt he'll cost us pick 21.

I doubt his possessions are generally uncontested and i doubt even if a little higher than Jones that negates 4.6% higher effective disposal. You could equally say Jones is likely to have more handballs which are hard to stuff up.

Lumumba apparently had the second highest efficiency for disposals at Collingwood, which seems to contradict conventional wisdom that he is a poor kick. He'll be in our top 1-2 kicks straight away

Edited by binman