WELCOME TO THE MELBOURNE FOOTBALL CLUB - CHRISTIAN SALEM

Freddy Fuschia

A whisper that's been all through the media for the last 24 hours..?

I've heard a rumour that the Giants are keen on Boyd.

• Like 7

I'm of the view, (and some may say this is obvious) that it's much easier to develop a player's inside game than to develop skills such as kicking, marking and decision making.

Salem has elite kicking, marking and decision making and it's known that he is not afraid of putting his head over the ball when it's his turn, yet he's most damaging as an outside player.

With Roos and Stone at the helm, one of the things that I'm going to enjoy watching is how they improve the inside work and combative work of our mids. Especially players such as Watts and Toumpas, who we know are mostly give-to players at present.

Listening to Salem talk in his interview gives a great insight into the kind of attitude he has and how much he'll want to work on those areas of his game.

The Hawks strategy of drafting players who displayed both inside and outside strengths has done wonders for their team. Salem is exactly that kind of player. Once his body is a bit bigger and he learns how to use his body in congested situations he could be in the same mould as Jordan Lewis/Luke Hodge etc.

Of course, he could also become another Grigg or a Houli. From my speculative judgement, I think he has the capacity to be a ripper.

Salem, Sheed or Scharenberg for me. Freeman is a bit too risky.

• Like 8

I like salem because he is damaging , and has great poise and skill as well as a bit of speed and x factor.

He has the ability to make that crucial pass or kick that important goal when you need it.

He doesnt waste it, either.

If we have jones ,viney, tyson and michie as insiders, he would be the perfect fit as someone to give the ball too along with toumpas and watts.

That sums it up for me.

I'll be happy with any of the first 3, but nervous about Freeman, although I acknowledge his upside. His upside though may be less of an advantage at AFL level.

This is the best policy (being happy with any of the three)... I have been leaning towards Salem since I first started that combined Freeman/Salem thread ages ago... so I know I'm going to feel a little let down if he goes earlier than pick 9 or if we pass and take someone else instead.

Scharenberg if he slipped, otherwise I have a hunch like RobbieF that Acres, Dunstan or a similar player's name will get called out. Jason Taylor seems very comfortable that he will get his man... Roos is backing him too.

A few months back the top 10 seemed pretty settled, now it seems as though outside of the top 4-5 and Luke McDonald @ 8 there appears to be are a group of 10-14 players that you can throw a blanket over.... Lewis Taylor, Patrick Cripps, Ben Lennon, Zac Jones, Blake Acres, Luke Dunstan, Dom Sheed, Cam Mcarthy, Billy Hartung, Matt Crouch... there doesn't seem to be a lot between these guys and Freeman, Salem, and even Bomtempelli...

I reckon the MFC has one last ace up their sleeve.

Looking forward to who is named, then looking at the reaction here afterwards!! :lol:

I'm of the view, (and some may say this is obvious) that it's much easier to develop a player's inside game than to develop skills such as kicking, marking and decision making.

Salem has elite kicking, marking and decision making and it's known that he is not afraid of putting his head over the ball when it's his turn, yet he's most damaging as an outside player.

With Roos and Stone at the helm, one of the things that I'm going to enjoy watching is how they improve the inside work and combative work of our mids. Especially players such as Watts and Toumpas, who we know are mostly give-to players at present.

Listening to Salem talk in his interview gives a great insight into the kind of attitude he has and how much he'll want to work on those areas of his game.

The Hawks strategy of drafting players who displayed both inside and outside strengths has done wonders for their team. Salem is exactly that kind of player. Once his body is a bit bigger and he learns how to use his body in congested situations he could be in the same mould as Jordan Lewis/Luke Hodge etc.

Of course, he could also become another Grigg or a Houli. From my speculative judgement, I think he has the capacity to be a ripper.

Salem, Sheed or Scharenberg for me. Freeman is a bit too risky.

what this guy said.

Congratulations Salem, joining your fellow Brighton Grammar alumni (Dawes and Watts) at the Dees!