Neville Jetta Delisted

GawnWithTheWind

No. The 2nd DFA commences tomorrow and closes Monday. The 3rd DFA opens again Friday week and closes the following Monday.

Got in just before me!

Would've got rid of Nicholson before Jetta.

Can anyone confirm Nicholson's contract status?

I believe he is still hanging in by the skin of his teeth.

If someone the FD like comes along in the next couple of weeks he is gone.

But that is only MO

Would've got rid of Nicholson before Jetta.

Can anyone confirm Nicholson's contract status?

Roos has said a few times in his media grabs the last fortnight that one of the things he's really working hard to improve is our two-way running.

Nicholson has this. Jetta doesn't.

That might have sealed the deal.

• Like 1

A real tryer but NQR with recurring injuries, small size and no spot to call his own.

I guess depending on who / what is available at rookie time he could be redrafted - but I presume Mr Roos has assessed him as redundant so probably not.

Edited by monoccular

Spewin.

Hope he proves us wrong.

I never usually care but I loved Nifty.

• Like 2

Spewin.

Hope he proves us wrong.

I never usually care but I loved Nifty.

What would a 49 YO dole bludger who lives at a seedy hotel know?

Apologies Biff. This information came from 'ology. I'm sure everyone here knows it's only partially true.

Edited by Bitter but optimistic
  • Like 3

Nicholsons pace is saving him, but he has to do something next year.

Its actually what he does less of that will count next year

Running has never been an issue

Clangers have

• Like 1

Its actually what he does less of that will count next year

Running has never been an issue

Clangers have

I think that's exactly what DeeZee was saying. His running is keeping him on the list - he doesn't just have pace, he also has a big tank and runs all day, offensively and defensively.

If he's to make it at AFL level though, he can't just run around.

I think that's exactly what DeeZee was saying. His running is keeping him on the list - he doesn't just have pace, he also has a big tank and runs all day, offensively and defensively.

If he's to make it at AFL level though, he can't just run around.

Roos will back himself to turn Nicho into Crowley 2.0 IMO

Sad to see Jetta get delisted. Never had a decent run at it. If he plays WAFL next year i hope he returns to Bassendeen oval and lines up along side Bennell and Krackouer!

Had some tools to play AFL, but the game against North Melbourne summed him up.

Got a few early touches, than didn't go near it. As we were getting spanked by a team who wanted the ball more, he raised his elbow 2 seconds after Lindsay Thomas got rid of the footy and was lucky to get 2 down to 1. He missed the following week, an important game against Gold Coast which we got spanked and didn't play another game.

He's clearly a great fella, been told that by players too, however he just didn't have what it took; had footy smarts.. but just didn't get it.

Saw he got married recently, so hopefully the news is somewhat broken up by that. All the best Neville in your future endeavours.

• Like 3

I had a chat with Nev and Jamie Bennell at a family day at Luna Park a few years ago and Nev was really happy just to be on an AFL list and to have had a couple of games. He said he never expected it.

It's great that we gave him this opportunuty. Good luck Nev.

• Like 1

I had a chat with Nev and Jamie Bennell at a family day at Luna Park a few years ago and Nev was really happy just to be on an AFL list and to have had a couple of games. He said he never expected it.

Wasn't this something that we were wanting to weed out? It's been mentioned at various times the poor culture of just being happy o be on an AFL list.

Feel dissapointed to see him go but the right decision has been made. Took me all day to realise why I was dissapointed, but he was one of the very few over the past few years, who had a genuine crack every time he pulled on the jumper. Unfortunately, I just don't think he has the natural ability and would be surprised to see him get a gig elsewhere.

All the best Nev....