Taggert, Magner, Stark delisted; Clisby promoted

titan_uranus

I think that you have to make 3 live choices in the draft. Does Clisby's elevation count towards that or have the AFL changed the rules?

Im rapt to see Clisby get promoted.

I'm happy for him but would've rather used pick 57 in the draft than the last rookie pick and kept Clisby on the rookie list. The reality is their is rarely a period where someone isn't on the LTI list and you can promote a rookie half way through the year. One way or another he would've got plenty of opportunity.

Keeping Nicholson and Jetta over Taggert. Are you serious?

Out: Davey, Rodan, Macdonald, Sellar, Gillies, Davis, Tynan, Taggert, Magner ®, Stark ®, Couch ®, Clisby (promoted)

In: Hogan, Vince, Michie, Tyson, Cross, Clisby (promoted)

So at the moment we've got 2 senior list spots - Pick 9 and Pick 40 and 4 rookie spots. I would suggest using a rookie spot on Taggert wouldn't be a bad idea although the history of players dropped down to the rookie list and then making it back is very disappointing.

Everyone says this draft is weak after pick 40 though so maybe not much point even having pick 57 or the PSD pick but I'd rather use it than a late rookie pick if we can flick another player back to the rookie list in Jetta or Nicholson or just delist them.

Missed Sylvia as an out, so we have 3 senior spots

Why are people surprise at Taggerts delisting? Didnt stand out in any games and only showed bursts which is not what Paul Roos will stand for. Remember his 5 goal haul was only against a EDFL standerd team. Playing games in the development game didnt help either. Yes he was injured last year but he had a full pre season this summer and still didnt show much.

Reality is, he wasnt good enough.

Jetta is very lucky to survive the cut.

theres another list lodgement Nov14....just saying :unsure:

Poor Nat Stark. They need to scrap that effing Rookie List.

My contracts thread has Jetta and Nicho still unsigned. All I can go on are publicly released info and the odd well placed contact - I still have not seen anything about a new contract for either.

With Cross to come on we have 3 spots for the draft, we don't have to use all 3 with Clisby upgraded, only 2.

I will update the other thread when I can be bothered.

• Like 3

Clisby upgraded was necessary. Looking at everyone's round 1 teams the sides looked decidedly slow.

We could throw more time at Stark and Taggert and still get nothing. This recruiting dept backs itself to get better players.

Jetta and Nicholson lucky at this stage, Blease gets a chance to provide some needed run.

• Like 2

Taggart could not get a game for the worst team this century...

well he was getting a bit long in the tooth eh laddie !! :rolleyes:

xmwd.jpg

• Like 2

Magner. Drinking mates with sylvia and moloney. See ya

Why am I so harsh on this? Youre [censored] [censored] for 7 years, get off the [censored], do some work because you have nothing to celebrate except taking a shitload of money for being part of a horrible team.

• Like 1

So, how many players are still on the list from the time Dean Bailey left?

From the 2011 list, we still have: N Jones, Watts, Frawley, Trengove, McKenzie, Dunn, Grimes, Garland, Tapscott, Gawn, Howe, Jetta, Jamar, Spencer, McDonald, Bail, Blease, Strauss, Fitzpatrick, Nicholson ® and Evans ®

Gone are: Warnock, Bartram, Gysberts, Bate, Bennell, Morton, Sylvia, Petterd, Green, Maric, Cook, Moloney, Jurrah, Rivers, Macdonald, Scully, Wonaeamirri, Martin, Davey, Davis, Campbell ®, Newton ®, McNamara ®, Lawrence ®, Johnston ®.

That's 21 out of 46 remaining, or 46.7%.

With the inability to use PSD2 as it stands now, I believe that the future of Jetta and Nicholson will be tied to how we go with pushing an OOC kid into the PSD or luring any choice DFAs.

Again, with all the different ways to get onto an AFL list these days - it is no fun being a fringe player in October...

• Like 1

Keeping Nicholson and Jetta over Taggert. Are you serious?

Out: Davey, Rodan, Macdonald, Sellar, Gillies, Davis, Tynan, Taggert, Sylvia ................. Magner ®, Stark ®, Couch ®

In: Hogan, Vince, Michie, Tyson, Cross, Clisby (promoted)

So at the moment we've got 2 senior list spots - Pick 9 and Pick 40 and 4 rookie spots. I would suggest using a rookie spot on Taggert wouldn't be a bad idea although the history of players dropped down to the rookie list and then making it back is very disappointing.

Everyone says this draft is weak after pick 40 though so maybe not much point even having pick 57 or the PSD pick but I'd rather use it than a late rookie pick if we can flick another player back to the rookie list in Jetta or Nicholson or just delist them.

Thanks 'tm'

By adding Sylvia to the 'outs' that means 9 out and 6 on to the primary list ... so we have 3 spots vacant on the primary list (plus however many rookies (4?) - we currently have none)

We've now got picks 9,40 and 58 to use (or picks 9, 40 and a PSD pick)

If we delist 2 more players we'd then have to use a pick somewhere past pick 75 or so, as well as using picks 9, 40, 58 and a possible PSD pick.

What is confirmed is that 12 players are gone (all up) and the number might go as high as 14. Think it was 15 last year so that makes 27-29 gone in 2 years (including rookies)

We may well be targeting an experienced player or 2 from the SANFL or WAFL (or maybe even the VFL) This is just an educated guess as picking an 18 year old or 2 with late picks can be risky.

Edited by Macca

Magner. Drinking mates with sylvia and moloney. See ya

Why am I so harsh on this? Youre [censored] [censored] for 7 years, get off the [censored], do some work because you have nothing to celebrate except taking a shitload of money for being part of a horrible team.

Not sure that is correct.

My understanding is mags in best mates with Nat Jones back from their U18 days together.

Thanks 'tm'

By adding Sylvia to the 'outs' that means 9 out and 6 in ... so we have 3 spots vacant on the primary list (plus however many rookies - we currently have none)

We've got picks 9,40 and 57 to use (or picks 2, 40 and a PSD pick)

If we delist 2 more players we'd then have to use a pick in the high 70's or early 80's as well as picks 2, 40, 57 and a PSD pick.

Can someone confirm if the above is correct please.

What is confirmed is that 12 players are gone (all up) and the number might go as high as 14. Think it was 15 last year so that makes 27-29 in 2 years (including rookies)

That is a huge turnover (not apple) but it was required. Our drafting has been terrible! Hopefully we have the team in place now to make the changes for the future! I doubt we will be using PSD2