The Trade/Draft Rumour Mill

MadAsHell

Mahoney- "if a player has been in the system for 20-30 games and his 24-25 yeas of age that would be pick 2 worthy.

That must be a misquote. If we want a 24-25 year old mid we want one with 60-100 games ready to go not one that barely played.

Was a slight misquote. Mahoney said they considered a 21-22 year old as an experienced player, up to 24-25 years old. So look in that age bracket.

Song did a great job paraphrasing everything else though.

again i could have para-phrased wrong.

I prefer to assume you were 100% correct with your transposition and therefore reserve the right to be angry at you when we land Tom Rockliff.

I suspect Steve 13 may be right and it's more like a 23-24 year old with 80-100 games experience. Coincidently that matches Rockliff exactly.

Choke, where does Bernie Vince sit age wise? There's always been a question of application but I wouldn't be overly surprised if he was in our sights, particularly if it was a two player deal.

27 years, 11 months. 129 games.

• Like 1

don't know if this has already been posted, but Shane Mumford has agreed to a 3 year deal with GWS giants. That will at least limit them with the amount of cash they can throw around at players we might be chasing.

• Like 1

Was a slight misquote. Mahoney said they considered a 21-22 year old as an experienced player, up to 24-25 years old. So look in that age bracket.

Song did a great job paraphrasing everything else though.

This would require more copy-pasting and alt-tabbing than I can reasonably cover up at work :(

Edited by Choke
  • Like 1

Dude on SEN talking to OX has linked MFC to Luke Shuey... Ox thinks he used to be a Dee supporter!

Prob cos Wallace and Barrett used his name as an example when talking about the type of player and age/games bracket we would be targeting.

• Like 1

Not related to us, but hearing Daisy Thomas is off to Hawthorn.

Have heard that one as well. But I still see Carlton as favourite. Also Hawthorn are the presumed favourites for Billy Longer with their first round pick they can grab their ruckman for the future. They might have to get by with Bailey (or if he retires as rumoured) some B graders for a year or two whilst Longer gets up to scratch full time but he'd be a great get.

Dude on SEN talking to OX has linked MFC to Luke Shuey... Ox thinks he used to be a Dee supporter!

Of the 3 - Scott Selwood, Gaff and Shuey he is the best ball user. In a midfield with Wellingham, Priddis and Masten ball use becomes very important which is why I think West Coast would be keen to prioritize him. And Shuey also had some issues with injury and personal stuff in his career and West Coast managed him brilliantly. He might feel like repaying them.

Shuey definitely a Dee’s fan pre-Eagles. Nugget Jones was his favourite player and the one he modelled his own game on.

Eagles have supported him through tough times and he’s stated his gratitude for them on a number of occasions.

• Like 1

with it now 'highly likely' that pick 2 will be traded, I would surmise that the club have already identified and acted on the player/s they would like at the club next year.

I thought earlier this week that the rumours or lack there of, suggested to me that the 'big fish' had already been landed or close to landed.

Wouldn't be surprised if we have already done a hand shake deal with club x for player y.

Hopefully x = Adelaide and y = Rory Slone

I fear it is heath shaw plus a first round pick.

God help us I hope not....

Ok, so from footywire, below are the players that match those critera:

name games age

Keeffe, Lachlan 22 23yr 5mth

Gumbleton, Scott 35 25yr 1mth

Colyer, Travis 34 22yr 1mth

Baguley, Mark 28 26yr 4mth

Kommer, Nicholas 19 23yr

Spangher, Matthew 36 26yr 5mth

Cheney, Kyle 32 24yr 1mth

Armstrong, Tony 29 24yr

Rampe, Dane ® 23 23yr 3mth

McKernan, Shaun 32 23yr 1mth

Lynch, Tom 29 23yr

Jenkins, Josh 28 24yr 7mth

Austin, Mark ® 33 24yr 7mth

Veszpremi, Patrick 23 24yr 1mth

Cordy, Ayce 19 23yr 1mth

Delaney, Luke 26 24yr 3mth

Stewart, Daniel 36 24yr 11mth

Saad, Ahmed 29 23yr 11mth

Dennis-Lane, Trent 28 25yr 1mth

Simpkin, Tom 26 23yr 1mth

Milera, Terry 25 25yr 8mth

[censored], Brad 27 25yr 2mth

Brennan, Jacob 26 23yr 8mth

Zorko, Dayne 38 24yr 7mth

McKeever, Nial 22 24yr 7mth

Laidler, Jeremy 26 24yr 1mth

White, Simon 26 25yr 3mth

Reid, Sam 24 23yr 10mth

If that's the list we're picking from, my money's on Zorko.

edit - that formatted very badly, I'll stick it in a table, one moment please

None of these will get pick 2.

• Like 1

Today tidbits:

club confident it will get a gun mid as a trade for pick 2.

Shaw now lukewarm interest

expecting to focus on other mids and wants at least three more with some AFL exposure - Levi Greenwood and similar types.

Roos are looking at a talent from USA.

• Like 2

Today tidbits:

expecting to focus on other mids and wants at least three more with some AFL exposure - Levi Greenwood and similar types.

James Polkinghorne wants out. I think we should go after him been borderline best 22 for the Lions and always seems to play well against us. Big Bodied mid who is Vic boy and 24 years old with 92 games experience already.

Ok, so with Mumford going to GWS, they have the option of either trading him or using pick 1 in the PSD.

I can't imagine they'd want to give much to Sydney, so I'll assume that it's through the PSD unless GWS have another specific target to acquire through that route.

Giving us... the first live pick in the PSD.

The key is to keeping any targets secret until GWS commits to taking Mumford in the PSD, so they don't change tact & pinch another from us.

Today tidbits:

Roos "are" or Roos "is"?

• Like 4

Mahoney- "Adams won't talk to us due to us being not a desirable destination" (paraphrasing).

I heard his a couple of weeks ago from a mate who is a recruiter for another club. He felt there was uncertainty over who would be coach after 2 years. My argument was that doesn't hold up because there would be few clubs confident that their coach will still be present in 2 years. Probably only Geelong, Hawthorn, Freo, Sydney, Carlton, Port and now Brisbane.

• Like 1

Is Polkinghorne a midfielder? Only ever seen him play forward and with limited results. Not very big, not very skilled, doesn't get much footy. Suits the right age to come make an impact but to me he's very limited. I'd be wary. Also with the Brisbane exodus even if they don't rate him they'll be keen to keep him, they wont need draft picks when they get all the ones from Longer, Karnezis, Yeo, Docherty etc.

• Like 2

None of these will get pick 2.

Patrick Dangerfield

Born: April 5, 1990 (age 23), Geelong

Height: 1.88 m

• Like 1

Wow Shane Mumford and Tom Scully are bound to be best buddies with their shared love of cash.

Dean Bogan was on SEN this morning or last, asked who the biggest tightarse he'd ever played with was: Tom Scully. No surprises there.

• Like 6