The Trade/Draft Rumour Mill

MadAsHell

I thought a rule was introduced that you can't trade a player who signed a contract within that same year?

How can we trade Fitzy in that case? Or is that rule, much like Sydney's salary cap, non existent?

We can, if Fitz agrees to it.

Couldn't be too hard - we just make it clear to him that with us he'll be a backup spending the majority of his time in the VFL.

Your a muppet

Your a muppet

I have suggested putting Fitzy into the midfield at least three times on here in the past and no-one reacted.i am not suggesting he is a gun at the moment, but he has potential to be in the future given his speed, size and skills. Someone extremely difficult to match up on. If you havent seen him train you should.

He was a gun as a junior before he was injured and suffered from several serious illnesses between the ages of 17-19. He is only now starting to show flashes of his potential. I have argued consistently on here that our biggest room for improvement is to improve the performance of our current list, rather than trading in second rate has-beens as we did last year. I see no point in giving away players with high potential who, because of our lowly state, have little currency, particularly when we are assembling an A grade coaching staff who will make a huge difference in their own right.

I think Fyfe went in the draft for something like the low twenties. He wasn't always the gun he is today. Giving pick 2 and Fitzy for him is ridiculous in my view. All I am saying is he (Fitzy) has huge potential. Don't waste it. Our current players is where our biggest room for improvement is.

People who are suggesting that this thread is "the worst ever" because of my posting ought to give it a bit more consideration. I have been very consistent on this point as to where our improvement will come from. If you want to comment on it at least do it constructively.

Oh yes, and get your spelling right if you are going to be insulting at the same time...

A mate of mine told me we are very interested in the following:

Matthew Janesch - Adelaide

Liam Patrick - GC

Jed Lamb - Sydney

I wouldn't be surprised if we got all three. He also mentioned Heath Shaw + Pick 10 for Pick 2 but I doubt Roosy would do that.

I'd be happy to get Lamb. He is going to be a jet.

• Like 4

Liam Patrick - GC

Jed Lamb - Sydney

I wouldn't be surprised if we got all three. He also mentioned Heath Shaw + Pick 10 for Pick 2 but I doubt Roosy would do that.

Lamb and Jaensch I wouldn't say no to, but Patrick isn't much chop at all.

• Like 4

Liam Patrick - GC

Jed Lamb - Sydney

And Jamar to Sydney makes sense.

What a tangle. Mumford to Hawks, Franklin to Syd, Lamb to us and Jamar to Syd. And Boyd to GWS because of no interest from anyone due to Demoland 7's post which sounds very credible.

I'm really hijacking here, but finally I did ask if Melbourne had spoken to him before the combine.. They had.

I asked him about his thoughts in coming to Melbourne, and he said like anyone you do pay attention to the terrible year they had, and how bad development and team harmony looked under Neeld. However, he stated he was shocked at how he considered their interview to be one of the most indepth and constructive. The line of questioning was very direct and the approach the club has about where it's going and the type of players it wants was very firm. They did touch on the past and expressed to him that the MFC wanted to draft players who wouldn't stand for poor results and is he the type of character who plays football for passion or because he's always been good at it. I don't know if it was a dig at current players but seemed to be incredibly interesting.

I asked if he'd be happy to come to Melbourne and said yeah I'd be stoked.

Terrific post. It just shows what quality we now have in the club in our coaches/recruiters. Dare I say it, it also again re-enforces the opportunity we have from vast improvement from our current list, and we should think long and hard about giving away under performing players of high potential ( like Fitzy) because of our lack of currency at the moment for second rate has-beens or paying over the top in terms of combining draft picks and players (like the over the top suggestion of pick 2 and Fitzy for Fyfe).

Thank goodness we now appear to have guns in our coaches and recruiting staff. They will get the job done and create further improvement on top of the improvement potential of our current list.

Fortunately a lot of the posters on here aren't making the decisions!

• Like 1

I'd like us to have a look at Liam Anthony and Levi Greenwood from North.

Both not getting consistent games but both could be very good players. Love Greenwood's attack on the football.

He racked up 39 touches against us in the last game of the season in 2010 but found it hard to crack into North's inside midfield brigade.

Liam Patrick would be handy as a forward pocket. Has a bit of spark.

Wouldn't be surprised if we picked up Alex Brown who got delisted from the Swans couple of the days ago either.

Has pace and can read the play well from reports. I'd love us to go down the path of Fremantle and going big bodied midfielders like Fyfe and Mundy.

• Like 1

Liam Patrick - GC

Jed Lamb - Sydney

And what does your mate do again??

I'd like us to have a look at Liam Anthony and Levi Greenwood from North.

Both not getting consistent games but both could be very good players. Love Greenwood's attack on the football.

He racked up 39 touches against us in the last game of the season in 2010 but found it hard to crack into North's inside midfield brigade.

Liam Patrick would be handy as a forward pocket. Has a bit of spark.

Wouldn't be surprised if we picked up Alex Brown who got delisted from the Swans couple of the days ago either.

Has pace and can read the play well from reports. I'd love us to go down the path of Fremantle and going big bodied midfielders like Fyfe and Mundy.

Sorry to be like a cracked record, but like Fitzy anyone. You proved my point!

Remember Schwab using a similar line.

He knew everything.

Lol going by his twitter the [censored] is a very keen docker supporter now.. taking all the glory from people that are praising him for where tje dockers are today LOL

He knew everything.

You obviously know little about the disfunctional management which was Cameron Schwab with this comment. The current regime is totally different and extremely competent. Schwab's was the opposite. I for one have a great deal of confidence they will get the best outcomes for the club.

Schwab regime rarely did, particularly under Neeld.

You obviously know little about the disfunctional management which was Cameron Schwab with this comment. The current regime is totally different and extremely competent. Schwab's was the opposite. I for one have a great deal of confidence they will get the best outcomes for the club.

You have obviously had someone [censored] a couple of beers from the six pack.

Dude... go to bed..

Is well connected in the football industry.

Has been spot on 95% of the time.

I'm going to take that as: He's got the good oil more often than not,

Rather than: I've sat down and analysed his goss over the last X years, and he never was lower than a 19/20 strike rate.

Either that or we've achieved nothing noteworthy.

We have achieved nothing noteworthy

I just think we have to be very careful in developing the right draft strategy

because there is so much to fix

He knew everything.

Lol going by his twitter the [censored] is a very keen docker supporter now.. taking all the glory from people that are praising him for where tje dockers are today LOL

I bet Schwab watched the GF alone at home in his pj's with a hot cup of cocoa. Burnt all his bridges but still claiming the credit for building them. Sad really.

Ask any educated Dockers fan their opinion on Cameron Schwab and his impact on their club and you won't get a pretty response.

What he did to them has been posted on here before. The guy is straight up club cancer.

Any educated footy fan who is willing to do their research can easily come to this realisation.

But let him have his ego fluffed by some, because i am sure he is despised by so many more.

Ask any educated Dockers fan their opinion on Cameron Schwab and his impact on their club and you won't get a pretty response.

What he did to them has been posted on here before. The guy is straight up club cancer.

Any educated footy fan who is willing to do their research can easily come to this realisation.

But let him have his ego fluffed by some, because i am sure he is despised by so many more.

Agreed.

In fact what the Dockers have achieved post-Schwab gives me hope for our own future.

• Like 1

I bet Schwab watched the GF alone at home in his pj's with a hot cup of cocoa. Burnt all his bridges but still claiming the credit for building them. Sad really.

Nah he went to the actual game lol was seen having a few beers in the members area

hogan viney toumpas generation will be the ones to reap the rewards if they come. sad to say it but everything is stacking against clubs like MFC to improve. the "premiership window" theory is no longer valid. With FA , the big clubs will stay up there, constantly topping up with guns. theres no guarenteed fall back to the pack for the big clubs anymore. just go buy a fyfe or a franklin and away you go again.

only staleness

Liam Patrick - GC

Jed Lamb - Sydney

Yep be happy with Jed Lamb!

& his younger brother said to gonna be something, Sean. lets get both, just to be sure to be sure :)