Whispering_Jack

Tim Watson's outrageous faux pas

Tim Watson has claimed today on SEN that Melbourne mismanaged the Lever signing

Watson claims that not having Lever dressed up in a Melbourne jumper before he went overseas was a faux pas and battered the Demons' reputation, particularly when Essendon had a back page spread of their new signing Devon Smith in Essendon colours.

The back page of Friday's Age which announced the trades for both Lever and Smith  had photographs of both players in their new colours. No doubt, Watson missed this for some reason ... but that pales into insignificance when one thinks of his own club's reputation that was tarnished to a significantly greater dimension than a possible wardrobe failure by the Bombers' own issues over recent times which involved injecting players with unknown substances and led to 34 players receiving 12 month playing suspensions.

Given Watson's involvement with the Bombers, he should be the last person to comment on the reputations of other clubs.

• Like 9
  • Haha 2
  • Shocked 1

Watson is a [censored] and not worthy of being worried about what he says in any way.

• Like 5

Call me old fashioned but I'd prefer our club doesn't do photoshoots with players we are yet to have signed and sealed. 

There's a lot said for due process Whispy

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I once saw Tim ordering junk food at Longwarry servo. That's substance abuse.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Think Al Michaels may have him covered today.

When I saw the headline I thought he was referring to the actual deal and what we paid.

I then read the article and laughed. What a joke.

Obviously a slow news day at SEN. Nice try Timmydrug!

• Like 1

Definitely a slow news day. Tim Watson is a very funny man, and 90% of the stuff he says on SEN is with tongue firmly in cheek. 

• Like 1

His point is correct. I was surprised that club did not have media ready to go. Miss opportunity.

WJ, you know the saying about arguing with fools ... same goes for drawing attention to their media statements, IMHO

• Like 1

Might have just figured out our glancing interest, according to my sauces, in  Stringer

Nice subtle trolling by Watson. He is basically saying Melbourne had already made up their own mind on Lever, and were going to get him at all costs do it quickly. With that in mind we at least could have dressed him up. Watson just used the "they could have at least dressed him up" to take easy pot shots at MFC (which anyone can do during this trade period - even one of the worst coaches in the history of football).

First world problems much?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

If you look up despot fwit in your Funk and Wagnell's guess wholl be staring back at ya.

That's right....ASADA father of the year !!! :rolleyes:

Meh...can this fool get any more stupid ??

I thought Essendon posted their pictures of new signings in the medical journals.......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I trust that Dev Smith was photographed in Essendon colours with a needle hanging out of his forearm. Otherwise he might look out of place on the team photoboard. Now that would truly be an oversight of epic proportions

Update: being done as we speak

CZIEQZ-UYAAW-i3.jpg

Edited by Moonshadow
  • Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3

Wasn't there a leaked video of Treloar in Collingwood gear being interviewed about his decision and excitement to join the pies? Pretty sure that was prior to the trade period even beginning as well. Wonder if Tim said anything about that then.

Edited by Nascent
Spelling

Just because his club doesn't do things by the book doesn't we have to. The fact was no deal was done between Melbourne Football Club & Adelaide yet. Can you imagine the reaction from the media had we done photoshoot of Lever before the deal was done all hell would have broken loose. The media have always got something to complain about the Melbourne Football Club can't win whatever they do.

2 hours ago, Devil is in the Detail said:

Tim Watson is a grade A fcukwit. He showed his true colours during the Essendon doping saga.

and irresponsible at that same time.

• Like 2

Watson masterminded Hird's ascension to coach which resulted in his son being stripped of the Brownlow.  The Weight.

• Like 2

Oh this is rich coming from this tool. Well when Jake comes back from his over seas trip I'm sure the club will have it's spread in both papers and online with Jake in his Demon gear.:laugh: