Jump to content


  •  

Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, P-man said:

Dwayne's contempt for Melbourne is as strong as ever. Keeps banging on about Lever being worth two first round picks which seems like an attempt to drive his price up.

Also thinks (hopes) other clubs should be trying to "sneak in on the deal".

The best candidate? Surprise surprise: Geelong.

And I would bet my left nut that if we did give 2 first rounders he would be the first to say something like geez the dees overpaid for him. 

He is a nut job and highly irritating. 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, P-man said:

Dwayne's contempt for Melbourne is as strong as ever. Keeps banging on about Lever being worth two first round picks which seems like an attempt to drive his price up.

Also thinks (hopes) other clubs should be trying to "sneak in on the deal".

The best candidate? Surprise surprise: Geelong.

Yer that's because he is from SA, must be a cows supporter, that or he is just a [censored]?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, deebug said:

Yer that's because he is from SA, must be a cows supporter, that or he is just a [censored]?

Nah, he played for Port Adelaide iin the SANFL, so I'd imagine he's a Power and Cats fan.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

please stop talking about dwayne...

  • Like 18
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the Lever trade wont go through till Watts is gone. Hopefully with whatever pick we get from that trade we can package up to either Adelaide or make a play for Richmonds 2 first rounders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MikeAlphaTango said:

I think the Lever trade wont go through till Watts is gone. Hopefully with whatever pick we get from that trade we can package up to either Adelaide or make a play for Richmonds 2 first rounders.

Or the Crows can take the deal presented to them.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, P-man said:

Dwayne's contempt for Melbourne is as strong as ever. Keeps banging on about Lever being worth two first round picks which seems like an attempt to drive his price up.

Also thinks (hopes) other clubs should be trying to "sneak in on the deal".

The best candidate? Surprise surprise: Geelong.

Der-Wayne must be a tad disappointed in the career trajectory of one J Toumpas at Port.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So here's some sobering facts about our list build in the post Daniher pre Roos era from 2007 to 2012. 

We brought in 63 players. How many are left ? 6. Who are they? Jetta, Gawn, T Mac, Hogan, Viney, Kent   

Jones and Garland are the only Daniher era players left on the list. 

Roos era started with 2013 trade/draft. 12 in 5 left. Tyson, Vince, Salem, JKH, Hunt

2014 11in 6 left

2015 10 in 7 left.  

image.png

Edited by It's Time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, It's Time said:

So here's some sobering facts about our list build in the post Daniher pre Roos era from 2007 to 2012. 

We brought in 63 players. How many are left ? 6. Who are they? Jetta, Gawn, T Mac, Hogan, Viney, Kent   

Jones and Garland are the only Daniher era players left on the list. 

Roos era started with 2013 trade/draft. 12 in 5 left. Tyson, Vince, Salem, JKH, Hunt

2014 11in 6 left

2015 10 in 7 left.  

image.png

That is not rumour, that is fact. Please stay on topic. (In sarcastic tone)

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, It's Time said:

So here's some sobering facts about our list build in the post Daniher pre Roos era from 2007 to 2012. 

We brought in 63 players. How many are left ? 6. Who are they? Jetta, Gawn, T Mac, Hogan, Viney, Kent   

Jones and Garland are the only Daniher era players left on the list. 

Roos era started with 2013 trade/draft. 12 in 5 left. Tyson, Vince, Salem, JKH, Hunt

2014 11in 6 left

2015 10 in 7 left.  

image.png

Probably true of most teams.  Hawks last year - in Mitchell (Tick) O-smearer (question mark) Vickery (Hilarious, I know, right!).  Not everything is going to work out.  If we can bat at 30% (talent that lasts 4 or more years) in each trade and draft period, we are probably on track. 6/63 is pretty poor, but we are looking better more recently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I read here previously that the Swans wished to move Sam Reid, Rohan and Tippett a while back.

Since then, the Swans extended Sam Reid's contract by 4 years. Obviously an unreliable rumour.

That said, any chance Rohan might be on the trade table this year?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent reading on facebook at this time of the year.

Image may contain: text

  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

now that it is an all spin attack, jack has risked his arm and lashed out, closing the gap to a mere 2 runs

if he can just hold his nerve, and with jake taking a lot of punishment, he should easily be first to 150

after that, who knows?.... is his maiden double century a possibility?

we'll be back after the tea break

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

now that it is an all spin attack, jack has risked his arm and lashed out, closing the gap to a mere 2 runs

if he can just hold his nerve, and with jake taking a lot of punishment, he should easily be first to 150

after that, who knows?.... is his maiden double century a possibility?

we'll be back after the tea break

Do we have any reviews left?

Won't be happy if Jack is dismissed prior to 150?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, It's Time said:

So here's some sobering facts about our list build in the post Daniher pre Roos era from 2007 to 2012. 

We brought in 63 players. How many are left ? 6. Who are they? Jetta, Gawn, T Mac, Hogan, Viney, Kent   

Jones and Garland are the only Daniher era players left on the list. 

Roos era started with 2013 trade/draft. 12 in 5 left. Tyson, Vince, Salem, JKH, Hunt

2014 11in 6 left

2015 10 in 7 left.  

image.png

Highlights the nature of the sausage factory.

Its only a few who go on, the elite players and those who bring value or versatility.

If it was your son being drafted, you would make sure the boy was developing his skills and future away from AFL. 

Like most professional sports these days, it has become a dog eat dog world. 

Something to be said about not giving up your day job, and why famous old coaches like Smith, Kennedy, Parkin etc insisted that players had day jobs or were studying.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

now that it is an all spin attack, jack has risked his arm and lashed out, closing the gap to a mere 2 runs

if he can just hold his nerve, and with jake taking a lot of punishment, he should easily be first to 150

after that, who knows?.... is his maiden double century a possibility?

we'll be back after the tea break

I'm predicting the Lever/Watts partnership to reach the monumental heights of Dravid/Laxman. Our posters fingers will become so withered that we'll be begging for stuie, Rhino Richards and nudge to come out of retirement as our partnership breaker. Well maybe not Rhino Richards.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Demon77 said:

Do we have any reviews left?

Won't be happy if Jack is dismissed prior to 150?

think jack lost both of the team's reviews

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Danelska said:

please stop talking about dwayne...

The trade period should be 3 days. So far .....nothing. For goodness sake, each club knows what it wants and needs, so get it done. If it was 3 days, all the crap would be done and the trades would be getting hammered out. AFL is getting more like the Bold and the Beautiful each day. 

I wonder why I have started getting into the NRL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dirts said:

The trade period should be 3 days. So far .....nothing. For goodness sake, each club knows what it wants and needs, so get it done. If it was 3 days, all the crap would be done and the trades would be getting hammered out. AFL is getting more like the Bold and the Beautiful each day. 

I wonder why I have started getting into the NRL.

Agreed, but its about keeping other sports outta the papers... saturation point mate, saturation... strategic marketing, blah blah blah

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Luther said:

Excellent reading on facebook at this time of the year.

Image may contain: text

Surely that got a run on Nuffies on AFL Pages on Facebook? 

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

did anything happen on day 2?

just curious

Nooope

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why not make trade period last 6 weeks and send them all to Finland with no media contact for all but the last 2 days. Give them copies of Notting Hill, Shawshank Redemption, 4 Weddings, Pretty Woman and My Big Fat Greek Wedding to fill their 'valuable' time

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Moonshadow said:

Why not make trade period last 6 weeks and send them all to Finland with no media contact for all but the last 2 days. Give them copies of Notting Hill, Shawshank Redemption, Weddings, Pretty Woman and My Big Fat Greek Wedding to fill their 'valuable' time

I love that movie. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

did anything happen on day 2?

just curious

Having a two week period is ridiculous. One week would fire things up. Adelaide will just string out the lever deal till the end. When it could have been done today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×