• Latest Podcast: Josh Mahoney Interview

DemonLad5

WELCOME TO THE MELBOURNE FOOTBALL CLUB - STEVEN MAY

Like this. Another genuine mongrel bar steward. We have a few in the team now with Milkman, Viney, Lever, Preuss, Nev, etc.

Edited by dee-tox
  • Like 1

May and Lever... well that’s our backline taken care of for the next 5 years!

• Like 2

Couldn’t stand him when he played for Gold Coast. Think he’s a bloody legend now. Funny how that happens. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 9

2 hours ago, Demon Disciple said:

Any potential nicknames for May?

'The Wall' perhaps?

May-bomb 💣☢️

8 hours ago, Beetle said:

How so doc?

I thought I remembered that same poster saying earlier in the year he had inside knowledge of dissent between players and coach. I could be wrong though.

Yes please 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, DemonOX said:

Great to have a big aggressive mongrel in the backline. 

Will help our defence hugely. 

Great get MFC. 

The whole draft process was in fact a win, win for the MFC. There was no need to look solely at superlatives in the draft outcome - a win is a win leading forward to some real positivism. Underlying knowledge and experience within the FD and the Club itself dealt with what needed to be ameliorated; not all was popular but at the same time, it was necessary. Shame - at the end of the day - that we didn't unload OMac to the Gold Coast Suns, or Freo, or Carlton or the Filth. On a brighter note, we are poised to further advance with space and picks to come in the near future.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Deemania since 56 said:

The whole draft process was in fact a win, win for the MFC. There was no need to look solely at superlatives in the draft outcome - a win is a win leading forward to some real positivism. Underlying knowledge and experience within the FD and the Club itself dealt with what needed to be ameliorated; not all was popular but at the same time, it was necessary. Shame - at the end of the day - that we didn't unload OMac to the Gold Coast Suns, or Freo, or Carlton or the Filth. On a brighter note, we are poised to further advance with space and picks to come in the near future.

You'll be disappointed when he starts round 1 and starts in the team all year then. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, deanox said:

You'll be disappointed when he starts round 1 and starts in the team all year then. 

Yes

8 hours ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

Couldn’t stand him when he played for Gold Coast. Think he’s a bloody legend now. Funny how that happens. 

Terrific becoming more 'accepting', felt that way about Peter Moore from the Filth.

1 minute ago, Deemania since 56 said:

Terrific becoming more 'accepting', felt that way about Peter Moore from the Filth.

Jake Melksham!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Smokey said:

Yes please 

Fantastic.

And just the type you want to run on to a ground with. 

We're building a seriously tough team. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Nasher said:

Jake Melksham!

Didn't hate Melksham or many other transferees. Didn't like pretty-boy Moore, though.

• Like 1

The thing with May is that I think he will make all the other defenders walk taller, be more confident and less likely to be intimidated. Reminds me of a Big Byron. He and Jetta will be rocks.

• Like 3

The MFC welcomes a new indigenous player to the fold.

I just hope that when he makes his debut for the club that we do better than Gold Coast on his debut with them - it was the game against Essendon at the Docklands when the Bombers kicked 15.4.94 to 0.1.1 in the first quarter.

• Shocked 1

37 minutes ago, chook fowler said:

ComeWhat

May is a tough character with purpose. I reckon 'Far Cough' sounds appropriate. 

I’ll admit I haven’t been a May fan but he wears the colours now and you have to like it when players show commitment in coming to our club. The club have identified a need and hope the members on here that rate May are proven right. 

All the best for your career in the Red and Blue Steven. 

Edited by Dee Zephyr
  • Like 1

Goody is obviously impressive face to face and he does seem to be developing a family of committed players and staff which all bodes well for attracting and retaining players and for getting the best out of them. Happy days

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Smokey said:

Yes please 

Mayday!

That’s what I would be thinking just before the bone crunching hit.

He needs to temper his aggression as he got rubbed out for a few of these bumps. We need him on the park not in the stands.

That said very happy to have him onboard.

• Like 1