Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

POST MATCH DISCUSSION - Round 23

Demonland

I concur with a lot of the Posters on Demonland what a really crap way to end a half decent year. Thank you Paul Roos you have shown us what we are capable off, unfortunately the kids are cooked and so are we supporters. GO Casey!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Adzman said:

We played like horse droppings today.

I think it would be poor not to mention Geelong were sublime today. They were at their best.

If Geelong play like that every week they will pinch the flag. They were outstanding today, and we were plain horrible.

I don't think Geelong will pinch it Adz as they rely too heavily on Dangerwood but they might go close. I guess if everyone performs on the day and Danger has a blinder then anything's possible. They sure kicked our ass into next year today.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, leucopogon said:

Reckon we've just seen Hogan's last Melbourne game.

Team is slow, Hunt is the only player on the field that looks dangerous, the rest look like they're running on the spot.

Vince is finished (Casey next year). No finals in 2017, still too young and no leaders.

This is one of the silliest posts I've ever read.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, titan_uranus said:

I continue to be amazed by the "arguments" you make on this site.

Go on....

Today's result cannot simply be put down to inexperience or youth. 

Inexperience and youth weren't to blame for wins against Hawthorn and Port.

Though it could be used when we lost close games against Adelaide and West Coast. 

Sydney could have up to six players make the AA team this year, they also have a number of players which you could argue look the goods when playing for Sydney but may struggle at a weaker club. If they had 1-2 young/inexperienced players in their side you could argue it's their senior players making them look good but today and for the majority of the year they have played 6-7, a third of their team. Difference is they collectively bring effort more often than not. 

3 weeks ago we defeated a Hawthorn side that came to play 29 points. What makes that win even more impressive is we did it without any of Sydney's gun players playing for us. We simply brought effort. Effort doesn't always guarantee a win but it does guarantee we will at least be competive.

We need to cut the crap of identifying certain games that are deemed worthy of getting up for because following that comes the inevitable flat period afterwards. We need a culture where we come to play every week. Yes we have to allow that every player has an off week but if everyone else comes to play we can still be competitive if 1 - 2 players are flat. We are the opposite, either everyone comes to play or only 3 players do.

• Like 2

We were never going to win today.........but a flogging like that.....well.  Our season ended last week, with that deplorable effort against Carlton.  We played a side today, which is the only Vic club to retain a home ground advantage and who were playing for a top four finish.  Roos has changed the culture of this club, along with PJ in particular.  It is now up to Goodwin to put some steel into these young bodies and minds.

Enjoy your mad Monday boys, but come back fit and ready for a gruelling pre-season.  As for the football department, please be smart with the trade period.  We have little, if any aces up our sleeves to bring to the trade table, but we will have to be smart........... we need to be smart.  I love the club and always will, but stop breaking so many hearts.....please

• Like 2

Another season that has ended in a way that underscores the failures of this club.

A few weeks ago I enjoyed joining in with others on our fantasy percentage predictions. I suppose I should be grateful for those few wonderful weeks in almost a decade of something less than mediocrity.

Failure eventually brings with it irrelevance.....we have one or two more seasons at best to avoid what we have almost achieved

51 minutes ago, Chook said:

Anyone still think the gap between our best and worst has narrowed? That's one area of our game that Paul Roos was not able to fix.

Our worst is better and we see far less of it and our better is far better and we see more of it. Our average is also far better than it was and we see a lot of it. The gap between the best and worst is still as wide, or maybe even wider as our best is so much better than it was. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chris said:

Our worst is better and we see far less of it and our better is far better and we see more of it. Our average is also far better than it was and we see a lot of it. The gap between the best and worst is still as wide, or maybe even wider as our best is so much better than it was. 

Wasn't too good today Chris

That was avery "bad" bad performance...

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Chook said:

Anyone still think the gap between our best and worst has narrowed? That's one area of our game that Paul Roos was not able to fix.

97% to 54% suggests so.

11 x 60+ point thrashings to 1 x 60+ point thrashings also suggests so.

Perhaps you have a different metric.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, ILLDieADemon said:

The most disappointing part of this lose is it was Roos last game as coach and his worst defeat. 

Sad end to a great coach. 

AFL really shafted us hard giving us this fixture to end the season and farewell Ross. Geelong were always a chance to be top four.

We probably would've lost anywhere but it would unlikely have been the trainwreck of today.

Edited by P-man
  • Like 3

If we dish out a performance like today again I will personally deliver to the club all of my footy cards and footy stickers. I will waltz in there chest pridefully pumped up with cards under my arm and say to them you my friends can have my cards and my stickers. Maybe then you will understand the pain we as supporters have trawled through for generations. The ineptitude of this current football department baffles the mind. When will the real Melbourne football club stand up. This recalcitrant group we have inherited will lead us to the upper portion of the bottom half of the eight and they will take us no further. We can't even get a real brand to endorse us. New balance is for retirees and hipsters. Where's our Nike endorsement going to come from?

Geelong were extremely good. I hope blood was taken. Really liked Braysh, Hunt and Stretch. Must recruit hard nosed enforcers. Weeds lost for intensity as were most. How is ruthlessness instilled in a team? The age dimension exposed with how many of theirs under 50 games comparatively? I expect natural progression from the young and look forward to an induction of grunt plus a huge pre season employing A.I. tactics.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chook fowler said:

Can see why we need Hibberd and Melksham. Embarrassing how easily the Cats broke through our tackles and the poor use of the ball by foot.

and hand. We just seem to get into a mess all the time,and Jones ends up jumping on the ball causing ball ups.

We play such a congested game style.Just watching this North GWS game,so much cleaner and enjoyable to watch.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

EI don't care about the loss, all I feel is embarrassment for Roos.

Honestly don't think Roos will lose any sleep over this game

He's done what he was paid to do as best he could but he probably will only think about us next year occasionally while sitting on the beach in Honalulu

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bombay Airconditioning said:

Go on....

Today's result cannot simply be put down to inexperience or youth. 

Inexperience and youth weren't to blame for wins against Hawthorn and Port.

Though it could be used when we lost close games against Adelaide and West Coast. 

Sydney could have up to six players make the AA team this year, they also have a number of players which you could argue look the goods when playing for Sydney but may struggle at a weaker club. If they had 1-2 young/inexperienced players in their side you could argue it's their senior players making them look good but today and for the majority of the year they have played 6-7, a third of their team. Difference is they collectively bring effort more often than not. 

3 weeks ago we defeated a Hawthorn side that came to play 29 points. What makes that win even more impressive is we did it without any of Sydney's gun players playing for us. We simply brought effort. Effort doesn't always guarantee a win but it does guarantee we will at least be competive.

We need to cut the crap of identifying certain games that are deemed worthy of getting up for because following that comes the inevitable flat period afterwards. We need a culture where we come to play every week. Yes we have to allow that every player has an off week but if everyone else comes to play we can still be competitive if 1 - 2 players are flat. We are the opposite, either everyone comes to play or only 3 players do.

Give the Sydney thing a rest... Why are you continually comparing us to Sydney? They are premiership favorites and ladder leader's. Maybe in 2-3 years time we will get a consistent week in week out performance from Melbourne but at the moment we are young & I don't care what any of you people want to believe, it is an excuse... Wait until Petracca, Oliver, Brayshaw, Tyson are our Kennedy, Parker, Jack & Hannebery. If we don't get effort & consistent from them week in week out then, then complain.... You don't just become a top 4 side overnight 

Edited by JV7
  • Like 2

I was impressed by Brayshaw today, he put in all day and he will be a very good player for us.  His mate Tracc will also be a top player, he's almost there, he just needs to steady a bit and he will be a gem, he just gets a bit ahead of himself at times and goes a bit early.

Hunt, Oliver, Oscar, Weed, Hogan, Stretch, there is a fair bit to get excited about but we need a top line mid or two to be able to mix it with the big boys.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tessaract said:

Geelong were extremely good. I hope blood was taken. Really liked Braysh, Hunt and Stretch. Must recruit hard nosed enforcers. Weeds lost for intensity as were most. How is ruthlessness instilled in a team? The age dimension exposed with how many of theirs under 50 games comparatively? I expect natural progression from the young and look forward to an induction of grunt plus a huge pre season employing A.I. tactics.

As previously stated I really don't give a stuff about Casey and if you were picking your best side Clarry Choo Choo should have been playing! What sort of message does that comprimise send out??

For a season that promised so much before it began, to end with a crushing blowout like today wasnt just disappointing, it was unforgivable.

Even the drug cheats finished on a high. Our guys will probably cling to the upset win over Hawthorn and kid themselves the year was a huge win instead of the small step forward it actually was.

Oh well, we can look to the off season and our big name recruits like Hibberd, and umm, err.......... Hibberd.

We are essentially a pre-season and a couple of praccy games away from fielding practically the same team again. No first round pick to get excited about; ..... ... only the dream that the team who just surrendered to the tune of 111 points will be much better next year. Again. Forget landing good free agents or trades after that. (Unless we pay massive overs again)

Hang your heads in shame Dees.

Disgusting.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Redleg said:

Wonder who finished the season with more optimism, us or the Bombers?

They have.  Not even a question really.

So sad it's such.

Sorry Paul

• Like 1